PDA

View Full Version : FYI

Tealady
03-03-2011, 05:08 PM
I am based in Reading and this just came from our Childminding Support Manager.

"We have been notified by some childminders that their Ofsted Inspection reports have included incorrect details, and it is obvious that the inspectors concerned have cut and pasted inserts from someone else’s report. Also, there have been a significant number of typing errors, including spelling and grammar.

We are advising that you read your report thoroughly to check that all the details are correct, including your personal details and if you find anything you are not happy about, please contact Ofsted to have this rectified.

It is a good idea to check your Ofsted certificate too to make sure you are registered for the correct numbers in each age group"

Whether it is just the inspectors we get round here or if it is a wider problem I dont know, but it might be of interest to you guys

WibbleWobble
03-03-2011, 05:34 PM
mine had put my year of reg wrong. But easily sorted.

Interesting notification though...wonder if it has come up since the "farmimg out" of inspections? would be interesting to know any data wouldnt it? i am sure Ofsted will audit all this....they love a good audit dont they?

mandy xx

Bananabrain
03-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Lordy,lordy! What is this country coming to?

sarah707
03-03-2011, 06:20 PM
Thank you for sharing :D

The Juggler
03-03-2011, 06:32 PM
blimey it gets worse. not only are the inspections inconsistent in standard but now you could also end up having someone else's comments stuck on yours.

I will be reading VERY closely next time.:angry:

Alibali
03-03-2011, 07:10 PM
My last draft report had my details of registration wrong too.

rickysmiths
03-03-2011, 07:15 PM
Thanks for that. The Inspectors have arrived in our area now so there are about 10 of us due soon :panic:

Playmate
03-03-2011, 07:17 PM
My last draft report had my details of registration wrong too.

It took 3 attempts for them to get mine and hubbys right, also our certificates have to marry up and it always takes several attempts when we are issued with new ones :rolleyes:

louise
03-03-2011, 10:38 PM
After waiting 11 weeks to recieve mine it was sent with the wrong area. Apparently I lived in Hove. Not sure how that was possible to get incorrect after she walked to mine? Then they still published it with the wrong details even after I called. All in all there is a 14 week gap between my inspection and report published date which some parents may wonder why.

Pauline
03-03-2011, 10:42 PM
My certificate said we were not allowed to use the bathroom/toilet, it was the only one we had :rolleyes:

gegele
03-03-2011, 10:43 PM
nice ...... so first you worry about what the inspector is going to think, then what he's going to decide and now what he's going to actually write LOL

i'm losing faith!!!:thumbsup:

RachelE
03-03-2011, 10:51 PM
My certificate said we were not allowed to use the bathroom/toilet, it was the only one we had :rolleyes:

:laughing: can they not cross their legs?!!

Rachel x

tulip0803
03-03-2011, 10:56 PM
I suddenly became Mrs Jones part way through my last inspection report :rolleyes: . That one was CSSIW

tulip0803
03-03-2011, 10:57 PM

:laughing: :laughing:

Donkey
04-03-2011, 02:13 PM
I was on a workshop last night and the inspector had copied and pasted whole sections of the cm's sef into her report.

I told said cm to have the inspector done for plagiarism!!

Alibali
04-03-2011, 07:03 PM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Love it:D

Nat78
05-03-2011, 01:20 PM
My report had wrong name, address and reg number personal details but my report was consistant with what they told me at inspection. Easily sorted with a phone call and they were very apologetic.