PDA

View Full Version : Very quick Q regarding Ofsted :o)

Fraggle1
03-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Hiya!

Do I have to ring Ofsted to let them know I have children on the books? Or do they just schedule to come out within 6 months of registering and check that you have children etc...?

Many thanks x

kel1983
03-03-2011, 12:35 PM
I never rang them. I'm not sure if I was meant to. They rang me 6 months after I registered. They asked if I had started minding which I had and then arranged my first inspection.

Flisspaps
03-03-2011, 01:03 PM
I haven't phoned them. I'm not doing anything to encourage them to call me any sooner than they need to :laughing:

Mrs Pootle
03-03-2011, 01:35 PM
They rang me about 5 months after I was registered to ask if I had any children in early years. They then came to do my inspection about 4 weeks later. :)

Nat78
03-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Normally they get in touch when your due and ask if you are currently minding children other than your own, if you are they come and inspect, if not they may postpone it.

Nikki76
03-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Hi
You dont need to ring them, they will be in touch when the time comes :laughing:
I was told it averages about 6-7 months after your registration, and the 'Guide to Ofsted inspections' also states this timeframe. Although I have heard of people having it earlier than this.
I was called 6 months to the day, she asked if I had any children in the early years, what times I have them and then arranged to visit the following week.

Good luck when it does happen - it really isn't as bad as you think it's going to be..

Nikki

Fraggle1
03-03-2011, 06:43 PM
thats great! Thanks very much for your replies! I don't really want to do anything to encourage them either! ha ha ha I've only just started minding early years and I want to get 'into it' before they call! Thanks very much :) xx