PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Noble Minder

noble76
03-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Hi all,

I am going to be here every Wednesday starting from next week the 9th March, to answers any questions you may have.

I am keen to answer your questions and for you to know they won’t go unanswered longer than a week. I am sure some weeks I will be able to answer them before the week is up.

So post your questions here over the coming week and I will come online ‘live’ between 9am and 1pm next week to answer them.

I look forward to hearing from you. Have a good week.

Lisa Williams :)

Pauline
03-03-2011, 05:11 PM
Thanks Lisa, I've linked to this thread from Members Information, so if anyone forgets where it is they can go in there for the link.

You don't have to wait until next week to start asking any questions. :)

Mouse
03-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Hello Lisa

Can you just give a brief overview of the service you provide please?

noble76
03-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Hello Lisa

Can you just give a brief overview of the service you provide please?

Thank you for your question.

Here is an overview of some of the features included in the package:

Organiser
Which includes a calendar providing an overview of all your items you have entered on the package planning , training, policies and risk assessments reviews, etc. An overview of each child’s schedule. To-do list which you can use to keep track of items such as testing your smoke alarms, daily and weekly risk assessments checks etc. These can then be mark as completed when you have carried them out, you can then produce a log of all of these for your inspector.

Planning
Includes activities, outings, weekly groups and observation and assessments planning.

Risk Assessments
Including reviews, daily and weekly checks.

Training Log
Record your qualifications, continuous training and further development plans.

Observation and Assessment Records
Incorporates the statutory requirements of EYFS within one user friendly document that covers observation; assessment; planning and principles into practise. You can upload up photographs, record and update the children's learning and development and email the finished observation to the child's preschool, nursery and parents. These can then be downloaded to pass on when the child leaves your setting.

Bookkeeping
Includes income, invoices, expenses and year end. The package can keep track of deposits received and redeemed, childcare vouchers and retainer fees.

Policy Writer
Record when you plan to review your polices, write your required statements plus additional statements/policies you wish to have written for your setting. Compile a prospectus for your setting. Use the Noble Minder complaint log to complete the required steps when handling any complaints you may receive.

Printing and Email Everything is printable and items such as invoices, observations and assessments records can be emailed.

Development
We are constantly developing the package we have recently added permission forms and are going to also put up child record forms, medication and accident ones too. We also have a working group looking at how best to add contracts for our members. These will all be printable and included in the monthly fee of £9.95per month.

We have just converted all our print outs into a lovely PDF format which is a great addition to your folders. We are adding a menu planner and this along with your published rates, training and qualifications will appear in your prospectus.

New for March is an attendance log and diaries which you can email and print.

I could keep going but I think this is a good overview of the main features we can provide.

Support
Supporting our members is very important to us. We are available to call members during working hours, evenings and weekends. We even pay for the call! We will take as long as each member needs over as many call or emails to get you up and running. We have spent time inputting children profiles for some members as they have had so many to put on the package.

I would encourage all to use this part of the service.

A free 14 day trial is available to all childminders. The package is then £9.95 per month. This is automatically added to your expenses each month as the Noble Minder fee is a claimable business expense.

If there is anything else I can answer please let me know.

Thanks

Lisa

Playmate
03-03-2011, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the over view, we are cetainly looking into your package. A couple of our parents have been asking about having an interactive diary system on line. Do you think this is something you would consider developing in the future?

onceinabluemoon
03-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Can you or anybody else in your company read what we write down in obs, development, diaries etc?

noble76
03-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the over view, we are cetainly looking into your package. A couple of our parents have been asking about having an interactive diary system on line. Do you think this is something you would consider developing in the future?

Yes, we want to end up with a complete parent portal. In the meantime we are developing a diary where you can record everything from the child’s day including pictures and email this straight to the parents. That is planned to go live within the next month.

Eventually there will be a facility to have complete online interaction between all people involved with each child through your Noble Minder account.

The extensive development takes time and we would love to have everything now. But we are committed to ensuring that everything is to a high standard for our members.

Playmate, thanks for your question as I believe I missed your last time, sorry.

noble76
03-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Can you or anybody else in your company read what we write down in obs, development, diaries etc?

Hi, good question.

Yes some of us can when we are helping our members with support. We have set up the package so none of your records can be linked to any of the children or families you work with. We monitor activity on accounts accessed here and it always in line with support request's that we receive from our members.

We never share your information with anybody else and we fully comply with the Data protection act. Your information is private and confidential.

All children are represented by icons none of their date of births are entered in full. If members enter the families address to appear on their invoices this is saved to their cookies on their computer and not our server. Only when you can link a record (hospital, school etc) to the person’s personnel details does it become an issue. We are not able to do this.

I hope that has answered your question, if you would like me to elaborate any further on something please let me know.

Thanks

Lisa

noble76
07-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Hi Everyone,

I will be here tomorrow between 9am and 1pm this week. Looking forward to it. Next week it will be back to Wednesday.

See you then.

noble76
08-03-2011, 09:05 AM
Morning all,

I hope you have had a good start to the day. Had any pancakes yet?

I am here until 1pm so get in touch with any questions you may have.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Lisa

Mouse
08-03-2011, 09:20 AM
Hello Lisa.

Thanks for your reply last week.

I'm thinking of signing up for the trial. If I then decided not to go ahead with the subscription, or cancelled the subscription at some time in the future, what happens to all the information I've submitted?

Also, is the info stored on my laptop, or in an account (there's probably a technical way of saying it!). If my laptop crashed, would the info be lost, or is it stored online somewhere so I could still get to it?

Thank you

barbarella68
08-03-2011, 09:49 AM
Hello Lisa,
There needs to be a system where you can change the children's time's weekly. I have a child where she is with me 20 hrs per week in term time but 46hrs in holidays the only way I can see to do this is where you go into alternative hours and add on the extra days which then gives the parents a long list on the invoice of the extra hours the child is with you, because it does it daily and not weekly. This is very confusing for the parent.Unless I am doing it wrong.
I have also asked is there anyway of taking the invoice number off but nobody has got back to me yet. A few teething problems but it is a good package.

noble76
08-03-2011, 10:00 AM
Hello Lisa.

Thanks for your reply last week.

I'm thinking of signing up for the trial. If I then decided not to go ahead with the subscription, or cancelled the subscription at some time in the future, what happens to all the information I've submitted?

Also, is the info stored on my laptop, or in an account (there's probably a technical way of saying it!). If my laptop crashed, would the info be lost, or is it stored online somewhere so I could still get to it?

Thank you

Morning,

Thank you for your question. Glad you are considering trialing the package. If you decide not to go ahead your data is stored on your account in case you to choose to come back. A lot of our features are printable and members print these as the go for their folders such as Observations and assessment records, risk assessments, planning, and so on. You can also download observations and assessment records to a disk.

You will see when you go in that a lot of information you add is to so you can make it do what you want it to do.

Most of the information is on our server so if your computer crashed it won't affect any of your items entered into Noble Minder. We back up our server every hour and then that is backed up every 24 hours to another one at another location to ensure that no more than 24 hours of information is every lost if the worst happen like a fire.

There are two pieces of information that is saved to your cookies (his is your web browsers memory) and that is name and address on invoices and children’s names. We have not saved this information on our server as to ensure that certain records are not classed as sensitive. So if your computer lost this from its cookies you would need to put it in again.

I hope that answers your questions if you have any more please ask. And have fun with your trial.

Enjoy your day.

Lisa

noble76
08-03-2011, 10:07 AM
Hello Lisa,
There needs to be a system where you can change the children's time's weekly. I have a child where she is with me 20 hrs per week in term time but 46hrs in holidays the only way I can see to do this is where you go into alternative hours and add on the extra days which then gives the parents a long list on the invoice of the extra hours the child is with you, because it does it daily and not weekly. This is very confusing for the parent.Unless I am doing it wrong.
I have also asked is there anyway of taking the invoice number off but nobody has got back to me yet. A few teething problems but it is a good package.

Morning Alyson,

Sorry to hear we didn’t get back to you. I thought I had written the email myself abour invoice numbers being a requirement. Sorry you didn't get it. It's unlike us. Let's talk this over we will take it off but I want you to be aware of the requirements for producing invoices.

When can I call you to talk over the holiday hours? We can get the sorted no problem for the information you have just posted. I think replacing with a complete alternative rate so using section one will tidy up the invoice and make less work for you too.

Thanks for getting in touch Alyson. Please accept my full apologises.

Take care

Lisa

barbarella68
08-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Home now until 14.45pm.x

noble76
08-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Home now until 14.45pm.x

Ok will call you, thanks Alyson.

noble76
08-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Ok will call you, thanks Alyson.

Good to talk to you and and glad you are all set up with the childs billing.

Get in touch if you need anything else.

Speak soon

Lisa

noble76
08-03-2011, 12:01 PM
It's that time busy time of day for you all. My tummy is rumbling, pancakes me thinks.

Last hour to chat for this week.

:)

noble76
08-03-2011, 01:03 PM
See you all next week.

Take care

Lisa

noble76
15-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Hi All,

Just to let you guys know I will be here tomorrow from 9am to 1pm. Post any questions you may have about Noble Minder or childminding. I will do my best answers them all for you.

For those of you from the CMF that are trialing the package. I hope you are enjoying using Noble Minder. Make sure you take full advantage of our free support. This is available from 9am to 11pm 7 days a week.

For those of who at CMF who are Noble Minder members please take the time to encourage those who are new to the package.

Talk some more tomorrow

Lisa
:D

noble76
16-03-2011, 09:40 AM
Morning lads and lassies,

If you want to have a chat this morning, pop by.

Lisa

Playmate
16-03-2011, 09:49 AM
Morning Lisa,

Haven't had much time since i spoke to you last to explore the site, but hubby did an ob yesterday which he put on and was really pleased, so think its sold to him:D someone else started a thread yesterday which a few of us trialling have answered so maybe worth looking at that. must go and do some study now but will pop back later :thumbsup:

noble76
16-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Morning Lisa,

Haven't had much time since i spoke to you last to explore the site, but hubby did an ob yesterday which he put on and was really pleased, so think its sold to him:D someone else started a thread yesterday which a few of us trialling have answered so maybe worth looking at that. must go and do some study now but will pop back later :thumbsup:

Morning,

That's fab news as I know he had his reservations. I always see this as a good thing.

Glad it is all going well. It has been great chatting with you and helping you get set up.

Will look for the thread, I have been searching Noble Minder each day but must have missed this one.

Have a good day, speak soon.

mrs robbie williams
16-03-2011, 10:24 AM
Hi i am currently doing the trial period and uploading all of my mindees information but even though i save their profile when i go back in to view or add more things the start date, date of birth and review date have defaulted back? also where can i add their personal details from their child record form?
thanks

noble76
16-03-2011, 10:35 AM
Hi i am currently doing the trial period and uploading all of my mindees information but even though i save their profile when i go back in to view or add more things the start date, date of birth and review date have defaulted back? also where can i add their personal details from their child record form?
thanks

Hi Helen,

I will get this looked at straight away. Do you want to private message me your full name as we have 11 Helens trialing at the moment.

Thanks

Lisa

Pauline
16-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Morning Lisa,

Playmate - that thread is in one of the member areas that Lisa cannot access, perhaps those who posted would like to put their thoughts in this thread for her?

noble76
16-03-2011, 11:17 AM
Playmate - that thread is in one of the member areas that Lisa cannot access, perhaps those who posted would like to put their thoughts in this thread for her?

Hi Pauline,

I thought I would still have access as a registered childminder. I was a member of the forum before Noble Minder. Can we look at perhaps having business access and personal access for me?

Thanks

Lisa

noble76
16-03-2011, 11:26 AM
thanks

Hi Helen,

Did this issue happen yesterday? Our error logs made us aware of this and we corrected it yesterday. We are sorry you had this issue. But it is now fully fixed.

We operate this throughout Noble Minder so that we can ensure the package is working to the best at all times. Sorry you had to encounter this yesterday.

Hope that helps you.

Thanks

Lisa

solly
16-03-2011, 11:31 AM
I am seriously considering doing the trial, so will have another look later. My only concern is that i am not very good when it comes to computers so if i find it difficult i will just give up like i do on most things i cant do as am not a very patient person when it comes to technology

noble76
16-03-2011, 11:39 AM
I am seriously considering doing the trial, so will have another look later. My only concern is that i am not very good when it comes to computers so if i find it difficult i will just give up like i do on most things i cant do as am not a very patient person when it comes to technology

Hi

I completely get that. Please bear in mind that you are not on your own and we will do everything to get you up and running. We find that a couple of hours to suit your availability over a week can make all the difference and everything then becomes clear.

We even help members input their children to speed in up for you too.

All I would say is don't struggle let us help, it really isn’t the complicated and we have lots of members who would describe themselves in the same way and now use Noble Minder, which they are very proud of :clapping: and we are too.

noble76
16-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Thanks everyone for making me feel so welcome yet again. I do like this forum as it is so civilised. :D

If you have any questions post them here as I do check it in during the week or contact us direct. Email info@nobleminder.co.uk You are welcome to email me directly my email is lisa@nobleminder.co.uk.

And for those of you who PM me I trust I have answered all your questions for you.

Have a good week

Lisa
:thumbsup:

Pauline
16-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Hi Pauline,

I thought I would still have access as a registered childminder. I was a member of the forum before Noble Minder. Can we look at perhaps having business access and personal access for me?

Thanks

Lisa

That's a good point Lisa, you are still a working childminder so should have access unlike basic businesses.

Leave it with me and I will sort it out.

solly
16-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Hi Lisa

I have decided to do the free trial to see how I get on :) Can i just use the bits of noble minder that i want to? I don't want to put my expenses, what I earn etc on it or have it worked out as my DH is an accountant and does it all for me which saves me doing it so that information i don't need to use.
I have just had a quick look at filling the details of one of my mindees but the LO is shift work so is not with me on regular days as both parents are shift workers how do i go about filling the hours in for that one,

noble76
16-03-2011, 02:20 PM
Hi Lisa

I have decided to do the free trial to see how I get on :) Can i just use the bits of noble minder that i want to? I don't want to put my expenses, what I earn etc on it or have it worked out as my DH is an accountant and does it all for me which saves me doing it so that information i don't need to use.
I have just had a quick look at filling the details of one of my mindees but the LO is shift work so is not with me on regular days as both parents are shift workers how do i go about filling the hours in for that one,

That's great news. We will support you all the way, just let us know.

Absolutely just use the bits that you want to. Our commitment is to keep adding to the package and doing our best to keep the membership at £9.95 So even if you are using a few features within the package it is still worth the monthly fee. Especially as it is claim as a business expense.

This can be done in section 2 of the holidays. I would strongly suggest that you book a time for someone to call you and go over this and all other options when setting up a child. We find that when we can talk you through it over the phone you will be fully able to set up the rest of your children.

When is a good time for you?

Thanks

Lisa

solly
16-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Hi Lisa thanks for replying back to my post so quickly. I usually work until 6.30pm every night unless the children get picked up early then i have my own children to sort out so anytime after 7.30 would be good for me, or I am happy to phone to speak you when i get 5 minutes during the day maybe when littleones are asleep

noble76
16-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Hi Lisa thanks for replying back to my post so quickly. I usually work until 6.30pm every night unless the children get picked up early then i have my own children to sort out so anytime after 7.30 would be good for me, or I am happy to phone to speak you when i get 5 minutes during the day maybe when littleones are asleep

Hi,

We have a call slot available from 8pm tomorrow evening, is that good for you?

Thanks

Lisa

noble76
17-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Hi,

We have a call slot available from 8pm tomorrow evening, is that good for you?

Thanks

Lisa

You will need to PM who you are.

Thanks

Newbie1!
17-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the chat last night Lisa, am really excited about getting my teeth into it all - starting tonight!! Im sure you will be hearing back from me soon as soon as I get stuck!!! :blush: :blush:

noble76
17-03-2011, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the chat last night Lisa, am really excited about getting my teeth into it all - starting tonight!! Im sure you will be hearing back from me soon as soon as I get stuck!!! :blush: :blush:

It was good to talk to you too. Enjoy your trial and get in touch with us if you need anything.

Have a good day.

Lisa

Rubybubbles
17-03-2011, 10:19 PM
just to say I am trialing atm and so far it's fab:thumbsup:

One thing, when trying to enter my own hols, it is only giving me the contracted hours, nothing else on the drop down (as the help screen? with all the different things to choose from) can do it through children's profiles, just not my own?

noble76
19-03-2011, 12:48 AM
just to say I am trialing atm and so far it's fab:thumbsup:

One thing, when trying to enter my own hols, it is only giving me the contracted hours, nothing else on the drop down (as the help screen? with all the different things to choose from) can do it through children's profiles, just not my own?

Hello

Glad you are you are enjoying your trial. We will be able to solve this very quickly for you. We would need to look at your account. I am unsure who you are, sorry. Can you get in touch with the support team email support@nobleminder.co.uk. You can also email them from within your account.

I would encourage you to do this in future if you have any questions as we respond quickly to our member’s requests for help. I am sorry but I don’t check on here often enough.

We look forward to hearing from you and getting this sorted for you.

Thank you

Lisa

Polly2
20-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Hi Lisa
I was wondering if you do any packages for Welsh childminders?

Thanks x

Rubybubbles
20-03-2011, 03:32 PM
Hello

Glad you are you are enjoying your trial. We will be able to solve this very quickly for you. We would need to look at your account. I am unsure who you are, sorry. Can you get in touch with the support team email support@nobleminder.co.uk. You can also email them from within your account.

I would encourage you to do this in future if you have any questions as we respond quickly to our member’s requests for help. I am sorry but I don’t check on here often enough.

We look forward to hearing from you and getting this sorted for you.

Thank you

Lisa

oh thanks sorry lol! only was putting in as a :thumbsup: , was meant ot email will get to it now lol!

aly
20-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Hi Lisa

Thanks x
thank you for asking htis, will look forward to the reply..

noble76
21-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Hi Lisa

Thanks x

Hi Ladies,

Thank you for your question. We do have plans to ensure they is a Noble Minder that complies with requirements in Wales and Scotland as these are both different. My understanding is that they are about to change in Wales.

I don't have a definite time frame at the moment, sorry. However we do have childminders in Wales and Scotland who use Noble Minder as they find it useful to their business as it is.

I hope that answers your question let me know if I can be of any further help.

Thanks

Lisa

noble76
22-03-2011, 10:54 AM
Morning,

I hope you have had a good week. I will be back tomorrow morning to take more questions between 9am and 1pm.

For those of you who have been trialing Noble Minder over the last week, welcome and I hope you have enjoyed using the package.

Why not help your friends here on the Childminding Forum and share your thoughts so far.

Remember to get in touch with our support team if you need anything. Email support@nobleminder.co.uk or call 0825 194 9559.

See you all tomorrow.

Lisa ;)

Polly2
22-03-2011, 09:06 PM
Hi Ladies,

Thank you for your question. We do have plans to ensure they is a Noble Minder that complies with requirements in Wales and Scotland as these are both different. My understanding is that they are about to change in Wales.

I don't have a definite time frame at the moment, sorry. However we do have childminders in Wales and Scotland who use Noble Minder as they find it useful to their business as it is.

I hope that answers your question let me know if I can be of any further help.

Thanks

Lisa

Ok thank you :)

noble76
23-03-2011, 08:32 AM
Post your questions looking forward to chatting with you on this sunny spring day.

angeldelight
23-03-2011, 08:46 AM
Post your questions looking forward to chatting with you on this sunny spring day.

Morning Lisa

I do not use your package but feel confident if I did want to use it then you would be more than helpful

I read these posts with interest and you are always informative and helpful to everyone

Just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to come and answer all those questions

Have a good day

Angel xx

Playmate
23-03-2011, 09:16 AM
Morning Lisa,

I really should be studying so can't stay long, but just wanted to say we had our FECCERs inspection on Monday and showed the inspectors breifly what we could do with the package and they were impressed :clapping: They said it was a good organisational tool.
We really haven't done much more with it since last week, due to the inspection, my degree work and LIFE! however over the next couple of weeks we will be inputting more bits and learning to make the most of the package, so watch this space.

Thank you for your support so far :D

noble76
23-03-2011, 09:40 AM
Morning Lisa

I do not use your package but feel confident if I did want to use it then you would be more than helpful

I read these posts with interest and you are always informative and helpful to everyone

Just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to come and answer all those questions

Have a good day

Angel xx

Thank you Angel,

We really have a heart to help childminders whether they are Noble Minder customers or not.

I am glad this comes across in our posts.

Thank you for feedback, I hope it is sunny where you are.

Enjoy your day.

noble76
23-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Morning Lisa,

I really should be studying so can't stay long, but just wanted to say we had our FECCERs inspection on Monday and showed the inspectors breifly what we could do with the package and they were impressed :clapping: They said it was a good organisational tool.
We really haven't done much more with it since last week, due to the inspection, my degree work and LIFE! however over the next couple of weeks we will be inputting more bits and learning to make the most of the package, so watch this space.

Thank you for your support so far :D

Wow that is brilliant. I know how busy you both are just take it at your pace. We are here if you need anything.

The attendance log and diaries would be live within the next 2/3 weeks so more to play with.

I hope your morning of studying is productive.

Lisa

noble76
23-03-2011, 10:33 AM
For those of you who like a little tweet you can follows us at http://twitter.com/nobleminder

See you there. :jump for joy:

Playmate
23-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Wow that is brilliant. I know how busy you both are just take it at your pace. We are here if you need anything.

The attendance log and diaries would be live within the next 2/3 weeks so more to play with.

I hope your morning of studying is productive.

Lisa

Thats brilliant news, thank you :D

Rubybubbles
23-03-2011, 12:09 PM
well, I am a week into my trial and loving it:clapping:

I had a lovely phone call when a bit stuck on something, which was infact easy now I know lol! I love how everything is under one part, once I get round to adding all my policies I don't have to have them in 100's of files on my computer anymore!

The observation pages are great, I thought I was doing well, but often find I download photos and then don't do it straight away, now I ob as I download!

Looking forward to seeing the new things coming in, as I will be signing up:thumbsup:

noble76
23-03-2011, 12:18 PM
well, I am a week into my trial and loving it:clapping:

I had a lovely phone call when a bit stuck on something, which was infact easy now I know lol! I love how everything is under one part, once I get round to adding all my policies I don't have to have them in 100's of files on my computer anymore!

The observation pages are great, I thought I was doing well, but often find I download photos and then don't do it straight away, now I ob as I download!

Looking forward to seeing the new things coming in, as I will be signing up:thumbsup:

That's great, thanks for coming back to us with your comments. I am glad you are enjoying using the package. That really makes my day. :jump for joy:

Have a brilliant day.

Lisa

Carpet Monkeys
23-03-2011, 12:39 PM
I started minding in October - would I be able to enter expenses etc starting from that date?

noble76
23-03-2011, 12:42 PM
I started minding in October - would I be able to enter expenses etc starting from that date?

Hi

Congratulations, I hope you are enjoying it.

Yes you can back date expenses and income as far as you want to. Just change the date on the expenses form.

Let me know if I can be of any further help.

Thanks

Lisa

noble76
23-03-2011, 12:55 PM
We are listening to the budget here. I wish they would release it in print only....or is that just me. ;)

Tinglesnark
23-03-2011, 12:56 PM
I have sat back and read all of the questions and answers and i am quite excited about this. I think i will trial it too!

noble76
23-03-2011, 01:00 PM
I have sat back and read all of the questions and answers and i am quite excited about this. I think i will trial it too!

Go for it, it's free and we help you all the way.

Enjoy. Let me know how you get on?

Thanks

Lisa

noble76
23-03-2011, 01:15 PM
See you all next week, I will come back on during the week. If you need anything and want a response you can email me directly lisa@nobleminder.co.uk.

If you are trialing or a Noble Minder member and need help get in touch with our support email support@nobleminder.co.uk or call 0845 194 9559.

Have a brilliant week.

Take Care

Lisa

Tinglesnark
23-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Just signed up for the free trial and im liking it already! it is doing all of the things that i struggle with (anything to do with numbers!) so far so good!
Only thing i cant figure out is how to input holiday only mindees and emergency cover mindees? I am an emergency minder for one of my friends ...

thanks

Carpet Monkeys
24-03-2011, 11:39 AM
Thanks for your help this morning Lisa.

Just wondering along the lines of duplicating info with siblings is there a way to generate one single invoice rather than 2 or 3 for parents?

Carpet Monkeys
24-03-2011, 11:43 AM
Just signed up for the free trial and im liking it already! it is doing all of the things that i struggle with (anything to do with numbers!) so far so good!
Only thing i cant figure out is how to input holiday only mindees and emergency cover mindees? I am an emergency minder for one of my friends ...

thanks

I think with the Emergency Cover you would just leave the days and hours blank and when you do have them input via the child's profile, click (alternative rates) holidays and then section 2 - amended or additional hours days, that's how I've done a child I have on an ad-hoc basis. I would think that would work for Holiday Only children too!

noble76
24-03-2011, 01:27 PM

thanks

Afternoon,

It would be fab if you could get in touch with the support team and book a call. Email them at support@nobleminder.co.uk.

They will be able to talk this over with you in a couple of minutes.

I am glad you are enjoying using the package.

Take care

Lisa

noble76
24-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Thanks for your help this morning Lisa.

Just wondering along the lines of duplicating info with siblings is there a way to generate one single invoice rather than 2 or 3 for parents?

Hi,

Thanks for your ideas. Both of these are on the development schedule. Watch out for when they are live.

Thanks

Lisa

noble76
24-03-2011, 01:32 PM
I think with the Emergency Cover you would just leave the days and hours blank and when you do have them input via the child's profile, click (alternative rates) holidays and then section 2 - amended or additional hours days, that's how I've done a child I have on an ad-hoc basis. I would think that would work for Holiday Only children too!

Spot, on fab answer thank you. :clapping: . Holiday only children you could enter their hours and rates as what they do in the holidays and then set up a term time rate in the alternative rates and then apply that for each half term.

Does that make sense?

Thanks

Lisa

noble76
25-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Hi all,

I though you would be interested in this. The Child Care Company features Noble Minder in their Partner Spotlight.

Have a look. http://www.nobleminder.co.uk/news-detail.php?id=46

Have a fantastic weekend. Hope it's nice and sunny for you wherever you are.

Lisa

Tinglesnark
25-03-2011, 06:40 PM
thank you, i had a good look around and worked it out - thats ace!
Thank you for your replies and for the email!

I did also ask whether or not there would be a way of synching the calendar on your pc or mobile with noble minder? that would be so helpful and would mean that i could use noble minder on the go!
(an IPhone app would be very exciting too!)

Newbie1!
26-03-2011, 06:12 PM
Hia Lisa (and anyone else that may be reading and know the answer!!) Is there a facility anywhere to print off a birthday list at all? have just printed the menu planner and totally LOVE it!!! As well as printing off my calendar - am loving things so far :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

noble76
27-03-2011, 08:32 PM
thank you, i had a good look around and worked it out - thats ace!
Thank you for your replies and for the email!

I did also ask whether or not there would be a way of synching the calendar on your pc or mobile with noble minder? that would be so helpful and would mean that i could use noble minder on the go!
(an IPhone app would be very exciting too!)

Hi

I think I spoke to you today about this? :D

Just incase it's not you, we will look at doing this for the iphone. Noble Minder works really well on the ipad and iphone we are just about to add an alternative to flash player. Then you will be able to do everything on the go.

Thanks

Lisa :thumbsup:

noble76
27-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Hia Lisa (and anyone else that may be reading and know the answer!!) Is there a facility anywhere to print off a birthday list at all? have just printed the menu planner and totally LOVE it!!! As well as printing off my calendar - am loving things so far :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi

Oh no there isn’t, good idea I like it. :clapping: We will factor that in to our development. Watch out on the notifications for when it is live on the package.

Thanks for the idea, keep them coming that's what we love about our members, you keep us on our toes. I think the development team feels the same although their list just keeps getting longer. :D

Thanks

Lisa

noble76
27-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Hi

Our development team are flat out at the moment, you guys are keeping them really busy, good on you.

The Permission Writer went live last night we hope you are enjoying that.

The other new features are:
Menu planner
Rates
prospectus

We are please to announce that attendance logs will be live on your accounts this week, quickly followed by the diaries.

Don't forget you can communicate with parents via your account too.

If you have any questions ask them here.

Thank you to all of you who have submitted your ideas do keep them coming it really makes Noble Minder fantastic for all.

Lisa

Carpet Monkeys
29-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Hi

Our development team are flat out at the moment, you guys are keeping them really busy, good on you.

The Permission Writer went live last night we hope you are enjoying that.

The other new features are:
Menu planner
Rates
prospectus

We are please to announce that attendance logs will be live on your accounts this week, quickly followed by the diaries.

Don't forget you can communicate with parents via your account too.

If you have any questions ask them here.

Thank you to all of you who have submitted your ideas do keep them coming it really makes Noble Minder fantastic for all.

Lisa

Does that mean that parents can log on to your account to access the diaries when live, or would you have to email them?

noble76
30-03-2011, 08:32 AM
Does that mean that parents can log on to your account to access the diaries when live, or would you have to email them?

Hi

Thank you for the question.

You can email all communication to parents, pre schools and other carers involved with the child.

You can also download all observation and Assessment records for each child to a disk for when you need to pass on the information with the child.

noble76
30-03-2011, 08:34 AM
Good Morning,

I hope you are all well on this fine Wednesday morning.

I am here untill 1pm today, pop along and ask anything you would like to know.

Lisa :clapping:

noble76
30-03-2011, 10:11 AM
The EYFS review that was conducted by Dame Clare Tickell has been published today read the full review at

http://media.education.gov.uk/assets/files/pdf/F/The%20Early%20Years%20Foundations%20for%20life%20h ealth%20and%20learning.pdf

You might need to copy and paste the link. I won't put it in the forum as it is over 100 pages.

We are going to spend today going through the review. Our initial thoughts are that Noble Minder is in a perfect position to meet the new requirements. This is fantastic news for our members.

Enjoy the read. :D

Lisa

Carpet Monkeys
30-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Morning Lisa

There seems to be a glitch with the calendar today - it's showing March 2007, is it just me or is anyone else having this problem!

noble76
30-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Morning Lisa

There seems to be a glitch with the calendar today - it's showing March 2007, is it just me or is anyone else having this problem!

Hi,

Just been in to my account and it is showing it as March 2011.

Can you PM who you are, sorry I lose track of the names on here and who you all are.

We will then have a look at your account.

Thanks

Lisa

noble76
30-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Thanks Carpet Monkeys for PM me I will get this looked into for you.

Lisa

Carpet Monkeys
05-04-2011, 05:46 PM
All sorted thanks ... however, another question for you, is there somewhere to enter dates for renewal of First Aid, PLI, renewal of NCMA Membership or Ofsted Fees due etc, so you get a reminder before they are due to expire?

noble76
05-04-2011, 07:40 PM
All sorted thanks ... however, another question for you, is there somewhere to enter dates for renewal of First Aid, PLI, renewal of NCMA Membership or Ofsted Fees due etc, so you get a reminder before they are due to expire?

Hi Yes there is. In training you can enter all your training and when they are due again, this will then appear in your organiser. Ofsted fees etc can be added in your to do list. This is the feature of the week and there is a write up on how to use it affectively in the notification box in your account.

If you want us to talk this over with you let me know.

Thanks

Lisa

noble76
06-04-2011, 08:08 AM
Morning all,

I am here with you on this wonderful sunny day untill 1pm.

If you have any questions I can help with ask them here.

Lisa

Kes
06-04-2011, 09:39 AM
I just wanted to say that I wish I had this package when I first started and had more time to fill in everything. I am getting there slowly but know once I have inputed all my info it will be easier for me to keep up with my paperwork.

noble76
06-04-2011, 10:28 AM
I just wanted to say that I wish I had this package when I first started and had more time to fill in everything. I am getting there slowly but know once I have inputed all my info it will be easier for me to keep up with my paperwork.

That's great. So many of our members say that they wish they had it earlier. If you need any help inputting your items let us know as we will help with that too.

Glad you can see the benefits it is giving you.

Lisa

noble76
06-04-2011, 12:09 PM
Enjoy the sunshine. I will check in during the week.

Take care

Lisa

devoncm
11-04-2011, 07:16 AM
Hi, im doing the free trial and am liking it so far, I am struggling with putting in days/hours with one child i have as they are on a shift rota and not the same days each week, sometimes its 2 days a week sometimes 3 sometimes overnight, I have put in additional fees for overnight and retainers for days she not here, is it possible to do days for the week then calculate at end of month?

noble76
11-04-2011, 08:01 AM
Hi, im doing the free trial and am liking it so far, I am struggling with putting in days/hours with one child i have as they are on a shift rota and not the same days each week, sometimes its 2 days a week sometimes 3 sometimes overnight, I have put in additional fees for overnight and retainers for days she not here, is it possible to do days for the week then calculate at end of month?

Hi Marie,

I am glad you are enjoying using Noble Minder. The package can do this with no problem. When can we give you a call to talk this over with you? Also you need to let me know who you are as I can't see a Marie on our system.

Email support@nobleminder.co.uk

Thanks

Lisa

noble76
13-04-2011, 06:22 AM
Morning all,

I hope you are enjoying the Easter Hols, I am around to answer any questions this morning.

For those of you that have not yet had a chance to look at Noble Minder we are running a fantastic draw for £100 of vouchers of your choice. Simple sign up for you free trial and reach 100% on your progress bar to be entered into the draw.

Already had a free trail? No problem, sign up again for your chance to win.

Find out more and read our full terms and conditions. (http://www.nobleminder.co.uk/news-detail.php?id=50)

Lisa

noble76
20-04-2011, 08:19 AM
Hi everyone,

How's week two of the Easter Holidays going? The weather has been brilliant, I hope that has helped.

I am here this morning to answer any questions you may have.

Pop along and say hello, it would be great to chat with you this morning.

Lisa :)

noble76
20-04-2011, 12:23 PM
I will say goodbye until next week.

What would be useful to you? I will of course carry on being here every Wednesday available to chat. However what would you like?

We write information on a varied range of topics regarding childminding. Many of the features have proved to be useful to childminders.

Topics include:

Risk assessments
Required statements
Tax allowances
Observation and assessment.
Planning
Becoming a childminder
Running your own business
Choosing a childminder
Becoming self employed
Selling your setting
Rates
EYFS
Data protection

Let me know if it would be useful to share these with you or any other ideas on how we can provide you with help.

Have a good week.

Lisa

noble76
28-04-2011, 08:53 AM
Morning all,

what are your thoughts on this?

What would be useful to you? I will of course carry on being here every Wednesday available to chat. However what would you like?

We write information on a varied range of topics regarding childminding. Many of the features have proved to be useful to childminders.

Topics include:

Risk assessments
Required statements
Tax allowances
Observation and assessment.
Planning
Becoming a childminder
Running your own business
Choosing a childminder
Becoming self employed
Selling your setting
Rates
EYFS
Data protection

Let me know if it would be useful to share these with you or any other ideas on how we can provide you with help.

Have a good week.

Lisa[/QUOTE]

devoncm
03-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Hi, we spoke before about a child i have on a shift basis, ive filled in this months hours for the invoice like you said to do through holidays/alternate hours section, but i cant get it to go through to the invoice bit, it just shows up with no income?

noble76
04-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Hi, we spoke before about a child i have on a shift basis, ive filled in this months hours for the invoice like you said to do through holidays/alternate hours section, but i cant get it to go through to the invoice bit, it just shows up with no income?

Hi Marie,

Thank you for your question. We will be able to sort this for you. Someone will give you a call this afternoon.

Please contact support@nobleminder.co.uk with your questions so we can respond quickly for you.

Best Wishes

Lisa

noble76
18-05-2011, 09:11 AM
Hi

I am here to take your questions on this fine Wednesday morning.

I would also like to say welcome to those CMF members who are trialling Noble Minder at the moment.

I hope you are enjoying using the package. If you need anything be sure to contact our support team, email them on support@nobleminder.co.uk.

Come along and have a chat with me.

Lisa :D

Gracie's mamma
18-05-2011, 09:15 AM
Hi Lisa

Please could you explain to me about observations , when we do them, and how we write out what we've seen etc

noble76
18-05-2011, 10:08 AM
Hi Lisa

Please could you explain to me about observations , when we do them, and how we write out what we've seen etc

Hi,

Yes I can we have a good bit of guidance surrounding this for our members and also an example of the observation & assessment record. I can email this to you if you PM me your email address.

I would be more than happy to talk this over with you, let me know if this would be helpful to you.

This is what advice sits along side our observation and assessment records. Hope it sheds some light on it for you.

Noble Minder is aware that there have been a great number of childminders who have simply been overwhelmed by the EYFS Areas of Learning and Development requirements. We recognise that there are good childminders across England who give quality care, time and understanding to the needs of the children they look after. Sifting through legislation to understand how to meet the requirements can be off putting.

Don’t be put off any longer; we encourage you to start doing small things within your setting. You will be surprised how much you will achieve. It’s like those moments when you are with a child and they make you smile, laugh out loud or go wow at what they just did. Working with children is never without its wow moments. The great thing about the children in your care is they will provide you with countless opportunities to record the amazing achievements in their development.

A question you may find helpful to ask is “If this were my child what would I want to know?” It’s the things children do that you would want to know about your own child that is a really good place to start. For example John put his wellies on today, all by himself, or Ingrid set the table and cleared it too. She was so helpful. As a professional childminder a further question to ask is “What does this show about John’s/Ingrid’s development?” And there you have your first observation for the child. As a professional childminder you will notice more about the child than you realise. Jot down your findings and take some pictures. Spend a bit of time each day or week, adding your notes to the Noble Minder Observation and Assessment Record and there you have your formative assessments for the child.

Where to start?

Start with the child’s interests. What do they enjoy spending time doing, what holds their attention and lights up their face? This is where you will find your best observations of a child. You are encouraged to conduct observations that best suit the children and your setting.

Meeting the EYFS requirements within your setting is an ongoing process led mainly by the child. It looks something like this.

The image would not copy

Remember EYFS goes across all sectors of education and childcare covering ages 0 to 5 years. Childminders only form a part of the various settings. However, childminders are still required to meet the EYFS standards and to show a good understanding of the requirements and ways in which these are being implemented within their setting.
Your observations will be used and referred to by the person carrying out the EYFS Profile. This assessment is normally carried out by the reception teacher in the June of the academic year the child turns 5. The Learning Journey which will include your observations will be used by the teacher to give them an overview of the child’s progress so far. The assessment is measured against 13 scales each with 9 points. This is used to assess where the child is in reaching the Early Learning Goals. The EYFS profile is passed on to the child’s Year 1 teacher.

noble76
18-05-2011, 12:27 PM
See you all next week. Have a good one.

If you need anything before next Wednesday you can email me. My address is lisa@nobleminder.co.uk.

Enjoy your week, remember you can trial Noble Minder for free with no obligation, so pop along sign up and start playing.

www.nobleminder.co.uk

Take care

Lisa

Gracie's mamma
19-05-2011, 04:01 PM
Thank you , no wonder your called the noble minder :laughing:

Pauline
19-05-2011, 04:09 PM

One of our mindees once pronounced Noble as 'nobbly'.

Now every time I see the word I imagine Lisa and wonder if she has nobbly knees :laughing:

noble76
23-05-2011, 09:36 AM

Ah thank you what a compliant. We do our best to live up to our name. :littleangel:

noble76
23-05-2011, 09:38 AM
One of our mindees once pronounced Noble as 'nobbly'.

Now every time I see the word I imagine Lisa and wonder if she has nobbly knees :laughing:

How funny, not nobbly perhaps a bit chubby. :blush:

I think we will have to meet up some day Pauline and then you will know. :D

noble76
25-05-2011, 09:01 AM
Hello everyone,

How are you all on this fab morning.

I am here unit 1pm, come along and have a chat, I am happy to answer any questions.

There has been a few questions about EYFS packages around lately. These are great questions and ones I would love to chat to you guys about.

I would start off by saying that the additions to our roles as childminders from the days of the National Standards are mainly the observations, assessments, planning, written risk assessments to name a few. So there have been many companies that have sprung up to meet these needs.

Although we have the features for you to comply with these requirements we don't promote ourselves as an EYFS package because we are much more than that. We have over 39 features today on Noble Minder with another 4 due in the next 4 weeks. Our member’s favourite features are the organiser, bookkeeping and the observations records. Two of which are not EYFS requirements.

Our aim is to deliver a package to enable you to have an easy and professional way of meeting your businesses administration needs.
I would welcome your thoughts on the subject and for those of you on the CMF who are our members please share your thoughts too.

Well that has kicked the morning off on a slightly deeper note.

Take care

Lisa

noble76
15-06-2011, 10:33 AM
I am around today to chat with you. How are things doing?

We have been out and about, have a look http://www.nobleminder.co.uk/news-detail.php?id=54

green4lynn
15-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Hi Lisa, lovely to finally meet you last week. I hope the trip was worth it! Did you manage to have an ice-cream before you left?

Lynn x

green4lynn
15-06-2011, 10:28 PM
p.s. Its called Burton Agnes, not Angus! Love the photo's!

Lynn x

noble76
16-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Hi Lynn,

Thanks for that I have changed it. lol.

No we didn’t manage to have an ice cream we spent all our cash on the raffle and a denotation to the Hospice.

Ice creams are far cheaper up there than down here, 3 ice creams where under a fiver. You had to spend over that to use a card.

I was so good to meet you and the other childminders. We really enjoyed ourselves.

I hope you enjoy the show are you taking your husband?

Lisa

green4lynn
17-06-2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the tickets, apparently Jess thinks she should go with me! Kids eh!

Have just had a look at the All About Me section and can't wait to sit down over the weekend and update the kids profiles! I love all the new stuff you keep adding, makes my life much easier!!!

Lynn x

:laughing:

noble76
22-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Morning all,

Hope you had a good week.

We are looking for testers for our diaries, if you are interested let me know.

We have also launched a new logo design service, have a look. http://www.nobleminder.co.uk/logo.php

Come and say hi.

noble76
29-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Morning All

Our diaries are being tested by our members. We are estimating that they will be live on your account in the next week.

So far the feedback has been really good. :clapping:

Lisa

Mookins
09-07-2011, 12:21 PM
amy gonna have a nose through the noble minder have started nosing through a different company but reading all these threads im feeling more positive about it.

do we have any feedback from parents on the online daily diaries?
I love writing in the daily diaries they are just so time consuming,and since ive got busier i have become quite forgetful about putting the diaries back in their home bags, am thinking i could write them up once ive finished for the day but by the time that time comes ive then all my own family life to do...plus one of my mums works split shifts so i know she likes to read as shes getting ready togo back to work?

xxx

Curvylou
11-07-2011, 12:16 PM
Hello

Question about the software...is there anyway it can remember what expenses you have already entered (if we tick it to be monthly) and then we can just edit them for example reoccuring expenses ie, gas, elec, boiler plan etc and if it could keep a list to show other expenses you've already had last month so printing, craft etc would make it easier if it could prompt us rather than having to think if you've missed something off

Thanks

noble76
13-07-2011, 11:28 AM
Hello

Question about the software...is there anyway it can remember what expenses you have already entered (if we tick it to be monthly) and then we can just edit them for example reoccuring expenses ie, gas, elec, boiler plan etc and if it could keep a list to show other expenses you've already had last month so printing, craft etc would make it easier if it could prompt us rather than having to think if you've missed something off

Thanks

Hi

Thank you for your question, as yet it doesn’t carry expenses over to other months you would need to enter you gas, electric bill each month or quarter.

This is a good idea and I will include it in the development going forward.

Thanks

Lisa

noble76
13-07-2011, 11:28 AM
amy gonna have a nose through the noble minder have started nosing through a different company but reading all these threads im feeling more positive about it.

do we have any feedback from parents on the online daily diaries?
I love writing in the daily diaries they are just so time consuming,and since ive got busier i have become quite forgetful about putting the diaries back in their home bags, am thinking i could write them up once ive finished for the day but by the time that time comes ive then all my own family life to do...plus one of my mums works split shifts so i know she likes to read as shes getting ready togo back to work?

xxx

Hi

How are you getting on with looking at Noble Minder?

If you need any help let us know.

Pandypops
14-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Hi Lisa - hope you're still around as I have a few questions.

So far, so good with Noble Minder. I have found a couple of things that I would like to see enhanced if possible. On the To Do List, whenever I mark something up to be weekly or monthly it doesn't update my calendar and the task disappears. Is this a glitch?

Also, in the planning and outings sections - I would like to be able to mark certain activities and outings as daily, weekly or monthly. Would this be possible to do as it is time-consuming entering things for every day.

Thanks!

angeldelight
20-09-2011, 03:33 AM
Where is Lisa lately?

Angel xx

Pauline
20-09-2011, 06:25 AM
Where is Lisa lately?

Angel xx

I told her about this question just after it went on, not sure where she is, hope all is ok

Carpet Monkeys
20-09-2011, 01:28 PM
I've noticed that things haven't been update on the Nobleminder site recently either!

angeldelight
20-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Maybe Lisa is on holiday and forgot to say

Or maybe she is poorly

Angel xx

noble76
21-09-2011, 01:31 PM

So far, so good with Noble Minder. I have found a couple of things that I would like to see enhanced if possible. On the To Do List, whenever I mark something up to be weekly or monthly it doesn't update my calendar and the task disappears. Is this a glitch?

Also, in the planning and outings sections - I would like to be able to mark certain activities and outings as daily, weekly or monthly. Would this be possible to do as it is time-consuming entering things for every day.

Thanks!

Hi

We are here I have taken a break from the forum over the summer to concentrate on other tasks.

We have had an issue with our replies to support emails. These were not being received. This didn’t come to light for some time.

I am now personally calling everyone during that time frame to speak to them.

Please accept my apologies, as you guys know from the last 2 years we are very proactive with Noble Minder and responsive to our members.

If you need to contact me please email me at lisa@nobleminder.co.uk .

I hope September is going well for you all.

Take care

noble76
21-09-2011, 01:32 PM

Thanks!

Also can you PM who you are and I will deal with these for you.

Thanks

Lisa

Pandypops
21-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Hi Lisa, nice to make contact with you! I shall PM you now....

angeldelight
21-09-2011, 05:39 PM
Nice to see you back Lisa

Angel xx

monkeyingaround
22-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Good afternoon Ladies

As I am just starting out as a childminder I think Noble minder will help me a lot and I will be signing up for the trial.

I do however have some questions before I do so and I have emailed you Lisa but I'm guessing you are also mega busy.

So if any one else knows the answers to my question I would be really grateful of a reply.

1. How secure is the information which I would store on there, where is it kept and how long for if I was to leave it?

2. who has access to my information and are they crb checked?

3. Has the system been ran past Ofsted and what was their thoughts on the system and its security with regards to data protection? Does it comply with the data protection act?

Adele x

chez
25-09-2011, 12:06 PM
Im in love with the system after trialing it but ... from what I can see it wont work for my setting as I have 2 minders working from the same setting theres only room for 1 of our names and therefore it prints everything with 1 name on it :panic:

monkeyingaround
27-09-2011, 11:50 AM
Hi Lisa I have now looked through the pages on the site properly ;0) and must say its great!!

I was wondering whether the will be a faciltiy in the future to be able to write up activities individually for children. I found the observations were great but the activity sheets they are only really suitable for groups. Would every one agree with this?

monkeyingaround
27-09-2011, 11:55 AM
Also sorry I forgot to ask. With the calenders I have put in the toddler groups ect we do each week but some of the clubs are once a month (first tuesday for example) is there an option to make things once a month?

Thank you. x

Annelize
28-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Anyone else struggling to get support call backs from Noble Minder? Been struggling since last week, had one finally this morning but the arranged for one at 5.30 today and didn't get the call back :-( Rang them and was just told no one available to help. Desperate for some help!

barbarella68
28-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Snap I give up now I get a reply saying they will ring and they never do. Shame because it was a good package.:(

chez
28-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Anyone else struggling to get support call backs from Noble Minder? Been struggling since last week, had one finally this morning but the arranged for one at 5.30 today and didn't get the call back :-( Rang them and was just told no one available to help. Desperate for some help!

I got a call back today from a lovely day

Annelize
29-09-2011, 09:43 AM
Apparently they've had a problem with their support reply system, however the gentlemen I spoke to once again today (I've been calling every day this week and twice last week) wasn't aware of this problem and just told me he will leave a message for someone to call me. I said to him well you have left messages 2 or 3 times everyday this week for me no one called back so there must be something wrong and he just said there isn't anything wrong with the system and that someone will call me back. So we shall wait and see.
It is a really good system to use when you don't get stuck and need support. Shame there isn't something similar to give them a bit of competition.

noble76
29-09-2011, 10:34 AM
Hi Lisa I have now looked through the pages on the site properly ;0) and must say its great!!

I was wondering whether the will be a faciltiy in the future to be able to write up activities individually for children. I found the observations were great but the activity sheets they are only really suitable for groups. Would every one agree with this?

Thank you for your feedback, we are looking at developing the planning section so input when we do this would be brilliant. We will put it on the notifications section when we are planning this.

Glad you are enjoying it come to us if you need anything.

noble76
29-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Snap I give up now I get a reply saying they will ring and they never do. Shame because it was a good package.:(

Hi Alyson,

I placed a call with you last Thursday at about 9.45am. I am sorry you never got the message I will call you now.

Thanks

Lisa

Annelize
29-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Yay Lisa gave me a call back. I know you guys are brilliant and thanks for your help today Lisa, really appreciate it!
I love the system and my work would be allot more without it. Specially love the bookkeeping section and being able to produce such professional invoices to my parents.
I would recommend Noble Minder to any childminder and do not know how anyone can get along without a great system like Noble Minder :-)
Going to have some lunch now and then my 20 week scan.
Thanks again Lisa - You are a star!

monkeyingaround
30-09-2011, 10:37 AM
Thank you so much Lisa for calling me the other day. I have just looked at the new diary and it fab!!

I just wondered ladies when you would use this as I think my parent would like to see this at the end of the day when they pick up. I noticed this can be printed but I dont think it would work for me as I wouldnt have the computer on when I am minding. When would others fill this out?

Adele x
www.playfullearners.com

noble76
06-10-2011, 07:14 AM
Thank you so much Lisa for calling me the other day. I have just looked at the new diary and it fab!!

I just wondered ladies when you would use this as I think my parent would like to see this at the end of the day when they pick up. I noticed this can be printed but I dont think it would work for me as I wouldnt have the computer on when I am minding. When would others fill this out?

Adele x
www.playfullearners.com

Hi Adele,

Just to help out with this answer, members do this in lots of different ways. Most of them email the diaries directly to the parents and not print these. What seems to work well is to fill bits out during the day.

Don't forget allot of it merges for other parts of your account and you can also copy diaries to other children if they have been doing the same thing that day. These really speeds it up for our members.

These are the most common ways our members complete their diaries:

• Throughout the day, members have their laptops and ipads open all day and fill in bits when they can.
• Once the parents have picked up some members complete all their diaries and email straight away.

Adele, I think the key is finding the way that suits you best and meets your parent’s expectations.

If anyone else has other tips for Adele please share them. I like to hear what others do too.

I hope that answer helps.

If you need anything else let me know.

Lisa

lulubelle
06-12-2011, 02:33 PM
hi i am on the noble minder trial and so far loving it but how do i type in the baby s daily sheet bit? it doesnt seem to let me type in there at all!

noble76
08-12-2011, 04:07 PM
hi i am on the noble minder trial and so far loving it but how do i type in the baby s daily sheet bit? it doesnt seem to let me type in there at all!

Hi

Send us an email via support@nobleminder.co.uk so we know who you are and whihc account to look at.

Thanks

Sue

noble76
08-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Be the first to reach 100% on your trial today Thursday 8th December and we will send you a £10 M&S voucher to treat yourself.

Simple complete each section within your account to reach 100% on your free trial.

Click on the progress bar on your home page to see your progress so far.

TooEarlyForGin?
08-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Hi, after 8 years of doing my own paperwork, I am a little nervous about this.

Can I ask - Have you had feedback from OFSTED - or childminders that have had positive comments from them?

I have seen comments about children that come at different times each week and ad-hoc or holiday care, is this fully supported now, as I look after shift-worker's children, siblings during school holidays ect?

For some parents I work on a weekly invoicing system, do you support this?

Thank you in advance for your response.

katerinac
13-01-2012, 05:35 PM
A quick question, you've put that some childminders have laptops or ipads open to update information as they go, and then complete diaries at the end of the day - is it an apple supported app for ease of use? If so, are there any plans for an android one? This would make updating records far far easier when out if it's simple to access from your mobile phone.

noble76
14-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Hi, after 8 years of doing my own paperwork, I am a little nervous about this.

Can I ask - Have you had feedback from OFSTED - or childminders that have had positive comments from them?

I have seen comments about children that come at different times each week and ad-hoc or holiday care, is this fully supported now, as I look after shift-worker's children, siblings during school holidays ect?

For some parents I work on a weekly invoicing system, do you support this?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Hi

Thank you for your questions. We come out very well in our member’s inspection reports. Some of whom have increased in their grading since using us. We are keen not to attribute this solely to using Noble Minder as you guys do all the hard work and have made a wise business choice to use our package to make your business run smother and be more affective with your time.

We are keen remain independent to provide the bust for childminders across England.

We can support all types of contracts term time only, monthly, weekly fees, shift work. There is a slight bit more inputting to do for this across the year compared to a contract the does the same hours and days each week. Our team will talk you through how to do this. It is very easy.

Let us know if you need any more information.

noble76
14-01-2012, 04:30 PM
A quick question, you've put that some childminders have laptops or ipads open to update information as they go, and then complete diaries at the end of the day - is it an apple supported app for ease of use? If so, are there any plans for an android one? This would make updating records far far easier when out if it's simple to access from your mobile phone.

Hi

Noble Minder runs on Andorid products too. If you need further help with this get in touch with our support team suport@nobleminder.co.uk.

Enjoy your Saturday

cockatoos
19-01-2012, 01:14 PM
I wasn't quite sure where to put this feedback. I am currently doing a trial of Noble Minder and finding it great (apart from a bit of bother with invoices but waiting for a call back about this!). The only thing I think is a little odd is the celebrations part. There is a list of celebrations, but a lot of them I don't think are particulary relevant, yet missing off some major ones (my opionion) such as Chinese New Year. Can I switch off some of the celebrations ie sort of select which ones I want on my calender? I know I can switch them all off but some are good. Its cluttering up my calender!

Thanks,
Amy

noble76
29-01-2012, 06:29 PM
I wasn't quite sure where to put this feedback. I am currently doing a trial of Noble Minder and finding it great (apart from a bit of bother with invoices but waiting for a call back about this!). The only thing I think is a little odd is the celebrations part. There is a list of celebrations, but a lot of them I don't think are particulary relevant, yet missing off some major ones (my opionion) such as Chinese New Year. Can I switch off some of the celebrations ie sort of select which ones I want on my calender? I know I can switch them all off but some are good. Its cluttering up my calender!

Thanks,
Amy

Hi Amy,

Thank you for your comments and your question. When you are in the calendar there is a listing of the categories across the top. Untick the items you don't want to show on your calendar.

The celebrations is a work in progress we are working hard to complete this additional feature. Our development if always focused on the needs of our members.

I hope you are enjoying your trial. Please let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Lisa

noble76
29-01-2012, 06:34 PM
We have posted answers to our most popular questions on our site. I thought I would share them with you here on the forum.

If there is anything else you would like to know let me know.

Thanks

Lisa

Q. Is there a minimum contract for Noble Minder some company’s want me to sign up for 12 months?

No, you can cancel your Noble Minder account at any time after you have entered your payment details and decided to take it up after your free trial.

Q. Can parents access their child’s information on My Noble Minder account?

Yes, you can email daily diaries, observations and assessments record, permission forms, invoices and much more to your parents. We have chosen to do it this way so that you are not reliant on parents who don’t regularly sign in to check their child’s diaries. As we know parents lives are very busy and they sometimes don’t read the paper diaries we send home. This way you can show you have communicated with your parents. It's also very quick and simple to use.

Q. Can I use Noble Minder on my ipad, iphone, smartphone or android phone.

Yes, you can use your Noble Minder account on all of the devices above. You can complete all sections of your account and upload photo’s straight onto your observations and diaries.

Q. Will using this package make me gain an outstanding grade with Ofsted?

We would never suggest that using Noble Minder would guarantee an Outstanding grading in your next inspection. This is because we understand how much that grading is reliant on you, regardless of how you choose to complete your paperwork. However, our members have seen their grades improve since using Noble Minder. Ultimately, our members are glad that they now have a professional system that frees up so much off their time and allows them to be a better childminder and parent.

Annelize
14-05-2012, 06:48 PM
Ive been trying to get someone from noble minder to call me for some help by calling, emailing, login a call back ion the website, texting and still no luck. Could someone please call me x Bubble and Squeak Childminding

Rubybubbles
14-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Ive been trying to get someone from noble minder to call me for some help by calling, emailing, login a call back ion the website, texting and still no luck. Could someone please call me x Bubble and Squeak Childminding

sorry, saw on facebook the same issues:(

where has Lisa gone?

Kiddleywinks
29-05-2012, 09:21 AM
Looks like the company was dissolved on 24th April

Bushpig
29-05-2012, 09:41 AM
Noble Minder no longer exists.

sarah707
29-05-2012, 10:10 AM
Pauline is now aware of the closure of Noble Minder. Thank you to those members who have brought it to her attention.

However, she is out of the office and unable to offer members immediate guidance on what they might do next.

She has asked me to close this thread for the moment until she returns.

Thank you.

Pauline
29-05-2012, 11:49 AM
Pauline is now aware of the closure of Noble Minder. Thank you to those members who have brought it to her attention.

However, she is out of the office and unable to offer members immediate guidance on what they might do next.

She has asked me to close this thread for the moment until she returns.

Thank you.

Thank you Sarah. I've been on a sponsored toddle all morning.

Sadly all my attempts to contact Lisa at Noble Minder over the last few days have failed.

I can't really advise anyone on what to do as I do not know the facts and am not legally trainined. If it were me personally affected I would probably seek help from my childminding insurance company and see if their advise line can offer any suggestions.

I would like to say how sad I am at the news, if it is true, that Noble Minder has closed. Lisa is a childminder like ourselves and worked hard on her business, I always found her professional, polite, helpful and very caring.