PDA

View Full Version : World book day, dressing up?

Splodge
03-03-2011, 08:05 AM
What have your children dressed as today and what have your mindees arrived in?

My two mindees have arrived as a mini me Harry Potter (very, very cute) and a gorgeous Aurora, from Sleeping Beauty. :cheerleader:

The theme this week is of course books and the two of them are rewriting the Princess and the Pea, complete with beautifully designed pictures. :clapping: :clapping:

Vickster
03-03-2011, 08:24 AM
My son is Robin Hood and my two mindees will be Cinderella and the princess from the princess and the frog :)

Louise0208
03-03-2011, 08:28 AM
our school is useless! we had letters yesterday to dress up today :rolleyes: i like to make my own outfits so the kids dont look the same as every other shop bought .....so this year they had to wear last years outfits again!:angry:

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2644/192/37/607924253/n607924253_2279519

Splodge
03-03-2011, 08:31 AM
Just to add to my previous post, the rewriting of the Princess and the Pea involves the Queen being in charge (changed from princess) and the prince having to sleep in the bed.

As my 6 year old mindee said "why should it always be the women who suffer" :ROFL1:

The Juggler
03-03-2011, 02:34 PM
my ds is Ash (from Pokemon), dd Alice in Wonderland and mindee went as Tin, Tin

TammyN
03-03-2011, 04:23 PM
my son was Where's Wally, my daughter was Dorathy from Oz, i was The Very Hungry Caterpillar :D
Mindee's came as Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty amd Peppa Pig.
we have had a fab day as i have bought them all a small book, gave them a book token to take their mum/dads shopping at the weekend and we have had a trip to the library to stock up our library box for the next term.
I love World Book Day and so have the children :thumbsup:

wish i knew how to put up photo's i would have shown you my children this morning before the mindee's came.

Tammy

The Juggler
03-03-2011, 05:00 PM
my son was Where's Wally, my daughter was Dorathy from Oz, i was The Very Hungry Caterpillar :D
Mindee's came as Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty amd Peppa Pig.
we have had a fab day as i have bought them all a small book, gave them a book token to take their mum/dads shopping at the weekend and we have had a trip to the library to stock up our library box for the next term.
I love World Book Day and so have the children :thumbsup:

wish i knew how to put up photo's i would have shown you my children this morning before the mindee's came.

Tammy

oh Tammy please post a picture of YOU! bet the kids thought that was hilarious. well done you for joining in.

tulip0803
03-03-2011, 08:37 PM
My daughter reminded me at 7.45 this morning:eek: (naughty Mummy). She also inststed that she had to be a character from a Welsh book (Welsh speaking school) which I know she doesn't but try telling a tearful sulky 7 year old.

Ended up sending her as Elen Benfelin (Goldilocks) carrying 3 bears in a porridge box!

TammyN
03-03-2011, 09:41 PM
oh Tammy please post a picture of YOU! bet the kids thought that was hilarious. well done you for joining in.

I was behind the camera unfortunately :D the parents think i'm mad but i just think you can't expect the children to join in if you don't. Red Nose day next then :thumbsup:

oh go on then, here we are :laughing:

TammyN
03-03-2011, 10:03 PM
so come on where are your world book day photo's :)

Tammy

The Juggler
04-03-2011, 02:50 PM
I was behind the camera unfortunately :D the parents think i'm mad but i just think you can't expect the children to join in if you don't. Red Nose day next then :thumbsup:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: where did you get it from?

mrsmaggy
04-03-2011, 02:54 PM

They are fab, I love wheres wally :thumbsup: :clapping:

rachelmama
04-03-2011, 03:56 PM
hi

my two little girls are godlilocks very cute had to get the same or they may be upset and wont reach others

TammyN
04-03-2011, 09:33 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: where did you get it from?

I MADE BOTH THE CHILDREN'S COSTUMES AND BOUGHT MINE FROM WESTCO YEARS AGO WHEN I WAS AT NURSERY.

wendywu
04-03-2011, 10:11 PM
I had Harry Potter, Mr Strong, Dorothy, Violet from Willy Wonka.

AND wait for it Mary complete with baby jesus. I picked them up from school and was telling A that she could alter her blue mary dress to be Dorothy, when F age 5 piped up " well i think i will be Mary anyway.

Me... i thought you were going to be Snow White, do you think Mary is OK.

F.....Yes because it is called the Christmas story you know and it is a book because i have it at home.

Cant argue with that now can you :rolleyes: :laughing: