PDA

View Full Version : Some advice please

jo.jo76
02-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Hi all

I have a mum with a LO who has been to visit me and wants me to look after her daughter when she returns to work. However she has put her request in for returning to work with hours, flexible working etc and they are not giving her any straight answers, she has now had to involve the union. She wants me to keep the place open for her daughter but without a start date and not knowing what hours etc., how can I do a contract? Can I just put, 'to be confirmed' in the start date bit? I will ask her for a deposit but not even knowing what hours and days I can't keep the whole week open for her!
She's hoping that by saying she might lose her daughters place will help to get them to agree, just not sure what to say to her.
Hope I've made sense!
Oh and she is returning to work as a nursery nurse at a children centre!! Out of all the people I'd of thought would understand about childcare!! lol

Jo

The Juggler
03-03-2011, 07:54 AM
nice staff support at the children's centre!

hon, I would agree to it to support her case but explain to her that you will have no choice but to keep taking enquiries. just tell her if you get a seriuos enquiry you'll give her the option to pay a retainer until she needs you?

blue bear
03-03-2011, 08:01 AM
There is no guarantee how this is going to turn out and you are running a business. I personally would just see how it goes and if another potential mindee came on the scene I would talk to mum then and make a decision, would not promise place at this point as you have no idea what you are promising!