PDA

View Full Version : Diaries

Fraggle1
02-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Hello all!

Can I just check something. At the moment I have a file for mindee which has individual planning, observations and work etc....
I also have a daily diary that goes home with mindee's mum...I do abit of a guide to what we've done in the day/eaten/sleeps etc... and she writes in anything overnight and brings it back with mindee's bag.

Do you then have your own diary? And if so what do you write in it? Would you write in planned activities, say for St Paddy's day, RA events that have happened, details of improvements that could be made etc...?

Thanks in advance :) x

lma
02-03-2011, 09:57 PM
I have a daily diary for all of my under 5 mindees and I aldo have a large A4 diary for myself. This I use to make a quick note of what we're doing each day, if I am going to try and observe a child doing a certain task for an observation, any risk assessments done/to do..... it's basically just somewhere I can make a note of EVERYTHING as I'm not the best at remembering things these days. I also make a quick jot if a child has had an accident incase I'm asked about it when out as it's only me who reads it it also has notes about if I've observed a certain child bullying another child on a specific day incase it became an issue???
Mind you none of my childminder friends do this so its just about what works for you? Theres no set way of doing this job:)

Fraggle1
02-03-2011, 10:08 PM
thanks for your reply hun :) think I will defo. get my own little book going, just even if it's for idea's etc... doesn't harm like you say, it's what works best for us. What a great idea to put mindee issues in aswell so you can keep an eye on the situation, don't know where else you could put that info. so a notebook/diary is great - I'm going to get it sorted. Thanks again xx

mr man
02-03-2011, 10:51 PM
its the mindees ideas i keep forgetting - that sounds terrible, :blush: for when i've got loads going on and trying to do your job but keep everything up in your head too, its mind boggling i tell you. :laughing:

quick notes, ive started with it only been this week, and it feels so much better cause i feel like i'm pulling my brains out and putting then into the book, so heres to better nights sleep. :D

we're getting there ;)

Flisspaps
03-03-2011, 10:22 AM
Rather than a paper diary for me, I've started to keep an Access database with my diary notes on (using headings that I think Sarah707 said she had in her daily diary) and then this can be transferred to a Word document via MailMerge at the end of each month and printed off, and kept with that month's risk assessment checks (which are kept on Excel)

Old habits die hard!

Mindee's diaries are scruffily handwritten in an exercise book though :p