PDA

View Full Version : 1st safety double buggy/ twin aria

gegele
02-03-2011, 06:47 PM
has anyone got one of those? can you put a buggy board on it?

what about twin aria?

my donated buggy is on its last leg and i've been pushing as long as i can but i thnk i really need a new one but i haven't got the pennies?:(

i really want a out and about :blush: but no money snif!!!

any recommendation?

The Juggler
02-03-2011, 09:59 PM
i just bought the mamas and papas aria (for £89) specifically cos I needed a buggy I could attach a board too.

However, the frame of the basket is attached to the rear chassis so not sure I'll be able to:(

I need to get hubby to investigate whether the board attachments can go on the basket frame.

phoebe-alice
02-03-2011, 10:25 PM
I'm not sure if you can fit a buggy board to the mamas and papas aria, but I do have one but avoid using it unless I have a tiny baby and a toddler. Just as I find it a bit flimsy at times and the wheels can be a pain to go up and down curbs.
But I hope you find what you are looking for soon, good luck. :)

catswhiskers
02-03-2011, 11:24 PM
If you're talking about the Safey 1st tandem buggy I looked at it a few weeks ago in John Lewis. I wanted to see it in the flesh not just on the website.

At first it looked ideal for me with two toddlers (both aged 2) but then looking at the back seat it was more geared towards a baby obviously but even when in the upright position it was very slanted. This would make the child in back slide down all the time.

Also, the basket underneath is very hard to get to and is small.

Other than than it seemed very compact and easy to push.

Not sure if you can attach bubby board to it..

marnieb
03-03-2011, 07:32 AM
If you're talking about the Safey 1st tandem buggy I looked at it a few weeks ago in John Lewis. I wanted to see it in the flesh not just on the website.

At first it looked ideal for me with two toddlers (both aged 2) but then looking at the back seat it was more geared towards a baby obviously but even when in the upright position it was very slanted. This would make the child in back slide down all the time.

Also, the basket underneath is very hard to get to and is small.

Other than than it seemed very compact and easy to push.

Not sure if you can attach bubby board to it..

I have a Safety 1st - I prefer it in some ways to my old Graco, I like that it's tandem and can get in places and cross roads easier.

But I do agree with the points above - If I put my largish 18 month old in the back seat his feat can actually drag across the ground!!!

The basket it hard to get to, I find it difficult to put 2 book bags in it after school.

Yes - my oh managed to attach the buggy board on the weekend. I havent actually had to use the board yet as some mindees have changed their hours and no longer do the school run, but when I do I'll let you know!