PDA

View Full Version : Inspections, I wonder when....

SimplyLucy
21-04-2008, 10:43 PM
I registered as a childminder in August last year (2007) and was under the impression that I would have my first inspection within 6 months........well it's 8 months now and I've still not heard anything!

I've been advised by other childminders in the area that I won't get my inspection now until September beacuse of the EYFS training thats going on.

Do you think they are right or should I still be on tender hooks waiting for that call?

Personally I'd rather have it sooner.........be over and done with that way!

:rolleyes:

cher25
22-04-2008, 01:57 AM
Hi, I became registered in January 07. Didn't actually start minding till October 07. Ofsted never rang me to find out if i was working at all last year. My support childminder told me the same as what your being told, but she advised me to ring them, as she'd never known anyone to wait so long to hear from them.
I rang them in February and finally heard from them last week. Although they are still yet to ring back to to say they are going to come out to do my inspection.
So they might still ring you, or if you really want to get it over with, give them a call to say you are working.

Cher.

miffy
22-04-2008, 05:29 AM
Lots of members are having inspections atm so Ofsted are still doing them so you may get a call before September

In some areas Ofsted have been behind with inspections but it does vary so you never know - get prepared anyway

Good luck

miffy xx

angeldelight
22-04-2008, 06:30 AM
Hope you get the call soon

Good luck

Angel xx

sarah707
22-04-2008, 06:48 AM
It's a myth that they aren't inspecting - lots of our members have had calls recently! :D

SimplyLucy
22-04-2008, 07:04 AM
I best be on a mission to get organised over the next couple of weeks then! I have a funny feeling that my call could be coming very soon.

I'm pretty much ready anyhow, just need to do jobs such as printing off photos for my evidence folders, and a bit of paper work chasing........

I'm getting a new puppy next week so fingers crossed it's at least a month before they ring so I can settle her in, and she'll be allowed in the garden...........imagine a puppy accident with an inspector in the house arghhhhhhhhh!

devoncm
22-04-2008, 08:49 AM
I reg in aug and got a call bout end of jan to say someone can come round as they were in area seeing someone else, but at th had no children so she didnt see the point in coming. ive not heard nothing since, maybe i should ring and say i have children but i think ill get moving out the way first wouldnt want them coming and ive still got bowes everywhere!!