PDA

View Full Version : urgent variation question

snufflepuff
02-03-2011, 03:41 PM
I have had a mum insterested in signing up her 2 sons. I have space for them on a Tues or Fri but her work have told her she must work Mondays (and are threatening redundancies). I currently have one minded child on a Monday plus my son. I have called ofsted who are sending me the variation forms.
Has anyone been granted a variation in this situation?

I had another thought- is it worth me signing up the older child then applying for a variation to care for the younger child? Is that more likely to get me the variation? Mum is still on maternity leave so it's not like she needs immediate care for both children.

Also can anyone tell me roughly how long it takes for them to make a decision?

bandlady
02-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Hi

As I have just had a variation for new business refused I advise you to sign the first child up and then ask for a variation for the sibling.
I actually already have a variation in place for Monday - Friday for 4 under 5, one of the children left and to replace child I needed a name change on the variation but I was told under no circumstances would Ofsted grant a variation for new business. I have since learnt from this forum that other people are being granted variations for new business!! it just doesn't make since i wish Ofsted would be consistant. Rather than go to appeal I have decided to start child and then go for a variation for continunity of care.

hth

Denise

rickysmiths
02-03-2011, 04:28 PM
I agreed Bandlady. I can not see the difference between taking on a new sibling and taking on a new child. Sibblings can be like chalk and cheese anyway. I think we all need to push push psuh Ofsted to start to see sense.

I would take on one of the children and then go for Continuity of Care to have both.

Oh and don't be afraid to go to appeal, I did refused to do it by letter or phone. I insisted on what they call a Panel Meeting. It was a variation for a new baby that had been refused and they granted it to me after the meeting. What a waste of Tax Payers money :angry: