PDA

View Full Version : Giving up, does this letter sound ok

Lyns123
02-03-2011, 02:46 PM
Hi Ladies

I've decided to stop childminding, i've recently had a baby and started back childminding pretty quickly (Laurie was born xmas day so is nearly 10 weeks, i started again when he was 4 weeks) I also have a DD who is 3. I thought i could manage it with a newborn but i have no time for him, i feel like i feed him then put him down then only go back when it's time to feed him again, i do pre-school runs everyday, to two different schools so getting all the kids and the baby in and out the car so many times is knackering, my house work never gets done, just surface cleaning and making piles of things i need to get back to, which i never end up doing so have piles all over the place.
I feel guilty for my baby and also my OH, he gets home from work and i'm tidying, i feed baby, try to do some washing then i crash out on the sofa, we're hardly talking.
My DD is great with the other kids, they all grew up together as i started when she was 9 months and the others were all 1 or they started when they were around 1 and i've had them all for around 2 years now. So i feel guilty for wanting to give up as i know she will lose her friends.
Paperwork is none existant, i've literally got no time to do it unless i do it weekends but then when am i supposed to haver a break!!!
Sorry for the rant, just needed to get it out i suppose as you guys are the only ones who really understand how stressful and overwhelming it can get at times.

Anyway, i've made a decision to quit, my OH earns enough to support us so we don't need my income, i've written a letter out and i was hoping if you coud all let me know if it's ok.

Dear S and R

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing me to take care of J these last two years, he is a great friend to A and has become part of the family. It is with much thought and huge regret that I now have to inform you that I can no longer offer my service due to a change in my circumstances.

In accordance with our contract I am hereby giving you the notice period of 4 weeks and my last working day will be Friday 25th March 2011.
I am more than happy to help you to find alternative childminders and can recommend people with spaces.

Should you find alternative care to start sooner than my last working date please let me know and we can come to an arrangement regarding fees.

I have enjoyed working with you and J and will miss him as he has become part of my family. I would like to take this opportunity to wish you well for the future but I hope we can still have J over to play sometimes.

Yours sincerely
Lynsey Brown

Gherkin
02-03-2011, 02:55 PM
I think that sounds fine but I would be careful saying you could recommend people with spaces as this can backfire and saying you will help them find alternative care. Maybe say you can give them some contact details of other childminders in the area without saying you recommend them.

Katiekoo
02-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Sad that you are having a tough time but it sounds like you've thought it through and have very good tiny baby reasons for giving up. The letter sounds good to me, it shows how much you and your family care for the child.
Good luck.

Chatterbox Childcare
02-03-2011, 04:07 PM
You say part of the family twice

jumpinjen
02-03-2011, 04:15 PM
I think it sounds lovely.... I'd be so touched as a parent to have that letter even if it is to give notice. I would want to offer my famiies all the help I could if I was giving up too, so good on you for that!

Hugs, Jen x

messyplay
02-03-2011, 04:22 PM
sounds just right but r u going to deregister as well? i did when i started a "proper" job regretted it after the first week

Ripeberry
02-03-2011, 04:42 PM
Sorry you are giving up, but we all understand as having a small baby does take up all of your time and they are only tiny for a short while.
I would keep your registration going as things may change again in a couple of years and then you can go back into it.
If you de-register I think new childminders all have to have a certain amount of childcare education NVQ3 or equivalent.

mufftie
02-03-2011, 04:59 PM
Good luck
I've often thought about giving up as now that all my kids are older 6 up to 19 I'd rather go out to work although can't find anything that comes close to the money , but I think id struggle for what to write , I'd hate letting them down

georgie456
02-03-2011, 05:09 PM
The letter sounds perfect to me hun. I think you are doing the right thing - you sound exhausted from your post and this time is supposed to be your babymoon! Enjoy your time with your family, but stay registered so you can always return to minding when life settles down a bit x

catswhiskers
02-03-2011, 11:45 PM
I don't know how you've got this far to be honest (with childminding).

You must be exhausted with your new baby too.

I would give yourself a year and maybe think about things again so keeping your registration open.

birch24
03-03-2011, 07:15 AM
Your letter sounds lovely. But as the others say keep your registration because in a year you may feel differently,

Good luck and enjoy the rest. x:D

annabee
03-03-2011, 07:26 AM
Your letter is lovely. I think you have explained it all very well and you are doing the right thing. You have done so well to last so long with a new baby of your own. I agree with the others about keeping your registration going as you may decide to go back to it eventually.

Enjoy your family time!

Anna

The Juggler
03-03-2011, 07:52 AM
oh hon bless you - I don't think I could go back with a 10 week old baby. letter is lovely hon and I would just say you could make some enquiries for her about alternative care so you are not promising anything.:)

clio0602
03-03-2011, 09:41 AM
Letter sounds lovely! My last day is a wk tomoro and I can't wait for time with dd although she is almost 3 no idea how you manage with such a little one. I'm keeping my registration up in case I decide to start up again after a yr or so. Good luck and enjoy your time with your lo's x

Flisspaps
03-03-2011, 09:58 AM
The letter sounds lovely :)

Ripeberry When did they bring that in? Only I registered in December last year and the sum total of my childcare experience was babysitting when I was about 15, and one day a week work experience when I went to college about 10 years ago. I was under the impression that the ruling was to be that CMs had to have a Level 3 qualification by 2015?