PDA

View Full Version : certificate

VINASOL
02-03-2011, 12:43 PM
My mindee (just turned 4) is a nightmare getting dressed. She CAN do it, but is simply lazy....especially when it comes to putting trainers on. Parents always get her dressed and as she is treated as the 'princess' of the family she gets away with blue murder.

My reward/behaviour chart is working a treat (I know not everyone agrees) and for the past two days she has got herself undressed and dressed by herself (mum was very impressed lol).

Anyway, I want to continue to encourage her to do it herself (starts school in september) and am thinking of doing a "I did It" certificate which I'll laminate and give it to her tomorrow (she does 3 days)...

think it's a nice idea, or do you think mum (who does not control her bad behaviour and thinks its cute!) will be offended?

Goatgirl
02-03-2011, 12:49 PM
I think its a lovely idea :) any celebration of achievements has to be good for the child. The babying at home is the parents' problem and not yours or the child's.

I'd say go for it: independence is wonderful and at the moment it looks like you're the only setting promoting it :thumbsup:

bws,
Wendy :)

Tealady
03-03-2011, 11:01 AM
It might make her proud so she will want to show Mummy her new skills!

AliceK
03-03-2011, 02:01 PM
I did this for a mindee who when he started with me was so fussy with his food he wouldn't eat much and wouldn't try anything new. He had a reward chart and then at the end of the week a laminated certificate. It worked a treat, he really loved receiving them and is so much better with his food now and will eat almost everything I give him.

xxxx