PDA

View Full Version : any one bought a cup cake maker

lou lou
02-03-2011, 09:08 AM
i keep looking at this gadget and want one thought it would be good for the children and making cup cakes has anyone got one? but then i am thinking is it one of those gadgets that gets stored away and what is wrong with the oven but they do look good.

charleyfarley
02-03-2011, 09:11 AM
I have but only the silicone one, not used it yet though so can't really say how good they are.

Will try it out tomorrow and let you know :thumbsup:

Carol xx

angeldelight
02-03-2011, 09:15 AM
I have not got one

Was thinking of getting one though

Was going to start a thread about cup cakes actually

Angel xx

lou lou
02-03-2011, 09:22 AM
i love making cup cakes with the children you can decorate them with so many things we have made hedgehogs, reindeer and easter i am going to decorate some with yellow butter icing and put eyes on them and yellow jelly sweets to make a beak to make chicks so was thinking a cup maker would be great i see they have one in argos for £21.99

rickysmiths
02-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Yes its called an oven :rolleyes: ;) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

On a serious note though. Don't you think its all part of baking, learning to respect a big hot oven? I the children use things like the Cup Cake maker they won't get the same experience. I find they love the whole thing of cooking. We made Welsh Cakes yesterday and they helped measure out the ingredients and roll them out. They watched me cook them on the Bakestone but learned how hot it gets and while they were watching the started lining up the weights from the scales the older mindee in heaviest to lightest and the younger one then took them and told me they were in biggest to smallest! They all ahd a great time but all the time are learning how a kitchen works and how to behave in one.

They are all looking forward to making Pancakes next week. :thumbsup:

FussyElmo
02-03-2011, 11:55 AM
i love making cup cakes with the children you can decorate them with so many things we have made hedgehogs, reindeer and easter i am going to decorate some with yellow butter icing and put eyes on them and yellow jelly sweets to make a beak to make chicks so was thinking a cup maker would be great i see they have one in argos for £21.99

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

I have one and its great. Yes I still use the oven when I doing a big batch but my 11yo loves the cupcake maker as she can use it with no supervision.

It also makes really nice moist cake.

Definetly recommend :thumbsup: However I do buy any baking gadget in the world :blush:

charleyfarley
02-03-2011, 12:25 PM
Oops just realised you mean the gadget and not the giant cupcake mould I have :blush: :laughing:

Carol xx

Carls
02-03-2011, 12:55 PM
I got both, well al three - the gadget, the silicone one and the oven lol!
They are all fabulous but the cup cake maker is amazing cause it really takes seconds to heat up and then 10 mins to cook the cakes! It is on the worktop so I feel I can have the kids in the kitchen without the fear they may touch the oven!

georgie456
02-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Yes its called an oven :rolleyes: ;) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

On a serious note though. Don't you think its all part of baking, learning to respect a big hot oven? I the children use things like the Cup Cake maker they won't get the same experience. I find they love the whole thing of cooking. We made Welsh Cakes yesterday and they helped measure out the ingredients and roll them out. They watched me cook them on the Bakestone but learned how hot it gets and while they were watching the started lining up the weights from the scales the older mindee in heaviest to lightest and the younger one then took them and told me they were in biggest to smallest! They all ahd a great time but all the time are learning how a kitchen works and how to behave in one.

They are all looking forward to making Pancakes next week. :thumbsup:

I couldn't agree more!!!! I think it would be a crying shame to use a gadget and miss out all the fun of actually making and baking the cakes (and as mine do, lying on the kitchen floor looking through the oven door to watch the cakes cook!)

Dragonfly
02-03-2011, 06:23 PM
same as rickysmiths and georgie wouldnt waste my money, but thats me:blush:

Blaze
02-03-2011, 06:28 PM
Do you mean the girl gourmet one?

We have the ice cream makeer & it's rubbish, so the cup cake maker sat on the shelf...if its good, i'll get it out for the LO's! (Both were xmas pressie's I hasten to add)!

FussyElmo
02-03-2011, 07:00 PM
Do you mean the girl gourmet one?

We have the ice cream makeer & it's rubbish, so the cup cake maker sat on the shelf...if its good, i'll get it out for the LO's! (Both were xmas pressie's I hasten to add)!

Blaze - mine is a Sensio one.

JulieA
02-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Maybe the lady in question on the Cupcake Rage post would like one. She's be able to make her own sweet tooth pink cupcakes then!!! :laughing: :laughing: