PDA

View Full Version : im new

jenniebean
01-03-2011, 11:04 PM
hi all i am new i have been in a child care setting for over 8 years now and have decided its time to go alone as my daughter starts school september and really want to be able to take and collect her any help welcome as i have no clue what i need to do to start up looking forward to meeting new people

singingcactus
02-03-2011, 07:42 AM
Hi, welcome to the forum. Hope everything goes smoothly for you. I can't offer you any advice cos I can't remember how to go about setting up, but I will watch this thread because I want to be able to get people here to set up in childminding :)

Jo Jo
02-03-2011, 09:09 AM
Hi Jenniebean
im at pre reg stage just waiting on my pre reg visit, i too have worked in a childcare setting for over 10 years and decided on childminding as my son started school i felt i was missing out on taking and picking up.
To get started i went through FIS Family informtion service they then booked me onto a breifing course on childminding, at the course they give you all the relevant info on childminding etc
hope this helps
Jo Jo :) and good luck x

theonebeachbum
02-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Hi..

I'm currently re-registering for exactly the same reason!

It's slightly different for me as I did originally register a few years back so I don't need to do the pre-registration briefing, but if its the same as back then then you need to contact FIS in your area who will arrange for you to attend a briefing, where they give you your application and loads of information.. from there you will need to complete a paediatric first aid course, safeguarding children and also food hygiene course.. I also had to do the ICP Unit 1 which I did through the National Extension College - some areas you will get funding for all this..
So, you make your application and Ofsted will send someone out just to check your house over and go through anything you may need to do, then eventually, you will get your certificate.. its a long process but I think it will be worth it!

Good luck with it all, its nice that you are at the same point as me so we should be going through the stages together almost

TOBB x

jenniebean
02-03-2011, 10:49 PM
thankyou all for your commenets i have been researching again tonight and i am 90% sure of going for it , just need to convince the husband lol, i love working with children thats why i want to do this and i will be good no excellent i know it its who i am i just need to make sure i do it right thanks again and see you around :thumbsup:

keeks
03-03-2011, 08:56 AM
Good choice, jenniebean! :D

I did the same, I was an early years teacher for a few years, then decided to try childminding. I love the pace, the individual attention I can give to the children and being my own boss.

If you have young children of your own it's even more worth it. Mine are 11 and 13 but I still feel we all benefit from me being here when they come home from school.

You've had good advice on where to go from here already.

Good luck with everything!

xx

jelly15
03-03-2011, 09:00 AM
Welcome :thumbsup:

Penny1959
03-03-2011, 09:11 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum and the world of childminding.

If you have any questions - want advice or suggestions - just ask. Lots of lovely people on here who between them know just about everything.

Penny :)

Susana0600
03-03-2011, 09:29 AM
Well come to the forum! In my area first thing it's to attend the introduction ChiP course, they give all details, 2nd: do the course and fill the forms.
In the introduction meeting they will show all the steps to follow, good luck!

Blackcat
03-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Hello :waving:

missymood
03-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Hello and good luck:thumbsup:

jenniebean
03-03-2011, 09:02 PM
anyone know what they expect from your home ? what i need to have in place ect do i need to have policies like we do in nursery ? what abour forms for parents contracts ect if anyone could give me a list of what i need i can start preparing