PDA

View Full Version : Filling vacancies

Mcgons
01-03-2011, 08:41 PM
I'm going to have a vacancy in sept due to a mindee starting school. I currently work term time only so was hoping to continue but I would work full hours to fill a space. The thing is I keep getting mums I see at toddlers etc ask me about childcare for their babies for when they go back to work after maternity, but they only want 2 or 3 days and I don't know whether to say it's a full time space only? I'm not sure I could fill the odd days and I need the income from a full timer. My 2nd mindee is only 3 days.

What do you do with vacancies? I've not had to advertise yet so don't know what to do.

sarah707
01-03-2011, 08:48 PM
I take part timers and juggle them so I work 4 full days with 2 children through the day plus after schoolers every day.

I am so lucky though because 2 of my parents are self employed and can pick and choose their days.

I think you should try looking for a full timer but be prepared to compromise.

Hth :D

Baildon bears
01-03-2011, 09:33 PM
I would take on part-timers, full timers don't come along very often and I always find it's much easier having a baby for 3 days rather than 5. I have different ages on different days and it mixes the week up.

berkschick
01-03-2011, 09:41 PM
I have never had a full timer but have been full since 6 weeks after I was registered.

I guess it depends on how much work there is about in your area.

I actually prefer part timers as the mix of children is diff each day which makes it more fun and interesting and also financially I dont have all my eggs in one basket!

Angela234
01-03-2011, 09:50 PM
I have never had a full timer in my 7 years of minding (except grandchildren )

I juggle around part timers as well

The Juggler
01-03-2011, 10:23 PM
my first ever 2 children were siblings and full time. every other child in 6 years has been part time and now most are also t-time only too.:thumbsup: