PDA

View Full Version : Starter Pack

deb24
19-12-2007, 09:20 AM
Hiya,as you might know I had my pre visit on Monday.I phoned the NCMA to ask them to send out my starter pack,as my inspector said it shouldn't be that long for my Crb to come back then she will send out my certificate.
The NCMA said I had to wait for my certificate to come first, which I can understand.But they said the toolkit can take up to 3 - 4 weeks I can't understand why that would take so long to arrive.
Has anyone else had to wait a long time to recive thier kit/ starter pack?

sarah707
19-12-2007, 09:55 AM
I think that's about average tbh... annoying though when you're excited to be starting!
Hope the CRB is quick - we did some earlier this year and they took 8 weeks -1, for a 16 year old boy who's done nothing in his life but sleep, eat and spend money, took nearly 3 months!
Good luck!

littlesprogs
19-12-2007, 10:37 AM
my CRB went off in October sometime i think and i'm still waiting for it to come back!!

I had to buy my starter pack and it took a few days to come. They seem to take longer if your getting them for free. I'm glad i bought mine now!

son77
19-12-2007, 11:25 AM
I had to buy my starter pack & mine also took 3-4 weeks to come.

It was a pain because I had someone lined up to start so I ended up borrowing contracts etc off another childminder.

Unfortunately NCMA are always slow sending out any of their goods.

LittleMissSparkles
19-12-2007, 12:55 PM
I got mine free and didnt have my registration certificate when I sent for it and had to phone them with my number when it came through x

Mollymop
19-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Hi Ya Deb,

A few weeks ago on my Pre - reg B meeting where they give you all of your application forms, etc, we were told the same as you. That they only give out the Toolkit once you have become registered - they need the number off the registration certificate or something like that, just to prove that you are able to become registered, etc, and we were told that it takes 4 weeks to come, which is a bit sloooowwww!:)

Love Sandra XX

kelly76x
28-12-2007, 10:26 AM
i had my pack before i'd even had my pre reg visit butit was an error ny my development officeras she sent the card off too soon the only problem is you get your first years insurance free and your certificate is in the pack so mine is dated from August 1st i dident have my pre reg till the 8th and i wasent registered untill Novemeber so i'm still not minding but my first years free insurance wil cease in 6 months so i havent had the benefit of it really i tried contactin them to change the date but to be honest its so much hassel as they want me to talk to someon else first then someone else i gave up in the end lol.

bubbly
28-12-2007, 01:27 PM
I was told my toolkit would take 3-4 weeks but it was here sooner than that.

Mollymop
02-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Hi YA Deb,

HAve you got your toolkit yet?

Happy new year,:jump for joy:

Love Sandra XXX

nat1664
02-01-2008, 04:25 PM
I also had to wate 3-4 weeks for mine, but my council arranged it all.:)

Hopscotch
02-01-2008, 04:32 PM
when i got registered they did say it would take 3-4 weeks but i got it in about 10 days
Bev X

miffy
02-01-2008, 04:56 PM
Well I don't know about starter kits but i phoned NCMA to renew my insurance today - after hanging on the phone for 10mins I paid by debit card and then she said it will take 14-21 days for the docs to come!!!

I must find the cover note as the insurance ran out on 31/12 so if I'm lucky I'll get the renewal through before the cover note expires.

Miffy xx