PDA

View Full Version : 2nd interview

cuddlybunny38
21-04-2008, 09:00 PM
well started with new mindee today( although mu daughter is looking after him but I was at home so also helped her) we are 2 minders working together, fantastic day lovely little boy, well also had interview for 2 boys, 1 year and 4.5, was a good interview but mum had huge list of questions, will I be taking them shopping with me? what form of discipline do I use and is it age appropiate? What do I do that is age related? and many more, also said that although I provide food after viewing sample menu has decided to send their own, dont know if she wants me will call tomorrow, but I am undecided now as dont know if I can live up to what she wants, daft relly that it makes you feel that way, will see how I feel in the morning. Has any one else had interviews like this and been undecided after. Sharon

angeldelight
21-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Hi Sharon

I also work with my daughter we have some great fun and its nice to have some company

Yes I have had interviews like that - one parent was a teacher and she really did grill me - I have looked after her child for 3 years though and she turned out to be ok - I think it was just the fact that she knew the correct questions to ask at the time

It did put me off but im glad I took on the child now its worked out well

I hope she gets back to you and hope everything works out

Good luck

Angel xx

fionamal
21-04-2008, 09:04 PM
I had a mum come to visit a few months ago and just had bad vibes and said that is she wanted me then i would turn her down.

She had too many rules and her baby wasnt to be put down on floor to play, he had to be carried everywhere etc.
Only organic products to be given.

miffy
21-04-2008, 09:07 PM
If she wants you to look after her children then have a month's settling in period on the contract during which time either of you can terminate the agreement without notice then if you find it's not working you can get rid quick

Sorry not very positive

miffy xx

cuddlybunny38
21-04-2008, 09:13 PM
Thanks, I know i am unsure where as the little one that was here today we had interview fri and they called sat said they would like us to start today, they know that at present I am still working else where but do shifts so am sometimes here and were happy for my daughter to have him she is nearly 19. She is registerd so ofsted are happy with how she works, But they seem happy with us, this other one im just not sure thats why i thought i would sleep on it, i think she will call and say yes as the older boy who is shy was playing happily and the little one wanted to saty with me and didnt want to go to mum, might just be me a bit set in my ways. I problbly would also be fussy if it was the other way around, will let you know how it goes. Sharon

angeldelight
21-04-2008, 09:17 PM
Good luck

Angel xx

sarah707
21-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Just make sure she signs a carefully worded get out clause in your contract... something that says if you are not happy in first month you can terminate without notice... that way if your gut instinct is right, you can walk away.

I wish my gut was better at working people out - I often seem to get it wrong. You should trust yours.

Good luck! :D

Jinx
21-04-2008, 09:45 PM
I had a mum come to visit a few months ago and just had bad vibes and said that is she wanted me then i would turn her down.

She had too many rules and her baby wasnt to be put down on floor to play, he had to be carried everywhere etc.
Only organic products to be given.

I had one like this. Her baby was a 'Gina Ford' baby! Had to eat, sleep and s:censored: t at precise times. Not a min either way!!!! She decided it was best to go with a nanny! You think?:rolleyes:

Jinx x

cuddlybunny38
23-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Will finish this post on the private members section, as not sure if parents will every read this.