PDA

View Full Version : What do you wear?

Minstrel
01-03-2011, 06:08 PM
I am about to invest in some new clothes as i haven't bought anything since maternity clothes.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to buy. Although I'm only in my (very late!) twenties, I don't really like the clothes that are in fashion atm and i live in black trousers which i'm sure people must think is very dull.

Any ideas? -

(I'm a size 14 top 18 bottom so none of this leggings malarky either!)

WibbleWobble
01-03-2011, 06:11 PM
anything as long as its black!

black jeans and thin jumpers really.

all in size 12!! This is new...used to be a 16

mandy xx

debratina
01-03-2011, 06:12 PM
when i am at work i always wear black trousers and a bright top.
at weekend jeans and t shirts
debra

Minstrel
01-03-2011, 06:44 PM
anything as long as its black!

black jeans and thin jumpers really.

all in size 12!! This is new...used to be a 16

mandy xx

Show off!

I'm getting there- my excuse is i've just had a baby (ish!) :blush:

WibbleWobble
01-03-2011, 06:57 PM
Show off!

I'm getting there- my excuse is i've just had a baby (ish!) :blush:

taken me 19 years to get rid of my baby fat!!!

mandy xxx

mufftie
01-03-2011, 07:06 PM
well today im wearing a long grey t-shirt / dress bit rocky style over thick balck wooly tights layered with black cardy and doc martens with rose pattern on them

i generally wear this style or jeans (skinny ) and hoody or tracksuit bottoms if im feeling slobbish

and im braggin now but im a size 8 - 10 :p and im 36 if age makes a difference

miss mopple
01-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Im a jeans and hoodie kida gal whether working or not. I am getting brave and wearing leggings at the weekends now, with long dresses over them.

LittleStar's
01-03-2011, 07:15 PM
I wear jeans all the time! very boring I know but never mind, normally wear a plain top with a thin cardigan , boring again I know!!! Would like to try new things but never do! xx

Mouse
01-03-2011, 07:15 PM
I used to be another "anything as long as it's black" sort of person, but I've got more colourful as I've got older. I tend to wear jeans most days with a brighter coloured top and a long cardi. The jeans & cardi are usually black, but at least the top isn't!

flowerpots
01-03-2011, 07:45 PM
i wear alot of leggings and long shirts im a size 14 on bottom and 16 on top, i also wear alot of tracksuits for work. :thumbsup:

Deb
01-03-2011, 07:59 PM
It depends :) today jeans and polo shirt from Amaranth. yesterday was skirt and tights with a blouse and heels. Tomorrow is Book Day so I'm dressed as a character from a book yet to be decided. I had thought Ms Trunchbull from Matilida, but doubt anyone will notice the difference lol

Winnie
01-03-2011, 08:14 PM
New Look have some really pretty dresses at the moment, put with legging (yes i know you said not leggings but they are so comfy) or jeggings (leggings that think they are jeans). New Look also have some long tshirts in, M&S have some too with buttons on the sleeves and tiny pockets- T411498A Scoop Neck Long Roll Up Sleeve T-Shirt with Modal- very cute. Next have a Green dippy hem shirt 435-261-X47 which i love, put it with joggers or baggy trousers and a cardi -yum

I love shopping :)

Gherkin
01-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Jeans, trainers, t-shirts and hoodie tops for when cold and I haven't got the heating set to tropical!

charleyfarley
01-03-2011, 08:17 PM
I always wear leggings or jeans for my working day along with either a fleece or a sweatshirt from Amaranth :thumbsup:

Carol xx

Blackcat
01-03-2011, 08:29 PM
I wear jeans all the time! very boring I know but never mind, normally wear a plain top with a thin cardigan , boring again I know!!! Would like to try new things but never do! xx

Same here only time i dress up is at xmas and if I am going to the races with my dad

Minstrel
01-03-2011, 08:30 PM
The thing with leggings is that i carry all my weight on my hips, thighs and bottom and tight leggings just draw your attention to them, no?

It's my 30th in a couple of months and i'd love to give myself a new look (any look!) because i'm just awful at the moment! Never have my hair cut- last time was 15mths ago and that was first time since being with DH. I don't wear make up or do any of that 'girlie' stuff and really think i should start making a bit more effort!

manjay
01-03-2011, 08:36 PM
The thing with leggings is that i carry all my weight on my hips, thighs and bottom and tight leggings just draw your attention to them, no?

It's my 30th in a couple of months and i'd love to give myself a new look (any look!) because i'm just awful at the moment! Never have my hair cut- last time was 15mths ago and that was first time since being with DH. I don't wear make up or do any of that 'girlie' stuff and really think i should start making a bit more effort!

That makes me feel really vain:blush: ! My hair is cut and coloured every 4 or 5 weeks and I never leave the house without a bit of slap on!

I tend to wear jeans and my logo polo shirt for work but I need to invest in some new ones. My trouble is I tend to like the same things as my 18 year old DD which I think is just plain wrong! Really don't want to look like mutton dressed as lamb:rolleyes:

babs
01-03-2011, 08:37 PM
CLOTHES........................................... .............:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Minstrel
01-03-2011, 08:39 PM
That makes me feel really vain:blush: ! My hair is cut and coloured every 4 or 5 weeks and I never leave the house without a bit of slap on!

I tend to wear jeans and my logo polo shirt for work but I need to invest in some new ones. My trouble is I tend to like the same things as my 18 year old DD which I think is just plain wrong! Really don't want to look like mutton dressed as lamb:rolleyes:

Not vain- you just take care of yourself. I used to be like that but i had kids at 21 and it's gone downhill ever since! :panic:

My 30th feels like an opportunity for a new start :)

Winnie
01-03-2011, 08:44 PM

i'm a 'pear' too, i just wear tunics or long tshirts, you are only young once (& i'm 53 :D ) and who cares what anyone else thinks anyway. You/I deserve to feel good ....and a few well chosen pieces of clothes make me feel happy:laughing: I know what you mean about the hairdressers, its the effort, time and cost :(

Minstrel
01-03-2011, 08:53 PM
CLOTHES........................................... .............:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There's always a smart ****!

And i know that ^^^ is going to get starred - so sorry!

Minstrel
01-03-2011, 08:55 PM
i'm a 'pear' too, i just wear tunics or long tshirts, you are only young once (& i'm 53 :D ) and who cares what anyone else thinks anyway. You/I deserve to feel good ....and a few well chosen pieces of clothes make me feel happy:laughing: I know what you mean about the hairdressers, its the effort, time and cost :(

Ok I've bitten the bullet and just ordered some leggings and a nice long top (i live in these!)

Will also find and then book a hairdressers appt? How does one do that when you have a 6 mth old baby? Childminder? :laughing:

miss mopple
01-03-2011, 08:56 PM
How about getting a mobile hairdresser?

Minstrel
01-03-2011, 09:01 PM
How about getting a mobile hairdresser?

That's an idea. I don't know of any but i could ask around.

<Anyone know a mobile hairdresser in Berkshire? :D >

miss mopple
01-03-2011, 09:45 PM
Have a look in the local paper. They usually advertise there.

Should probably take my own advice as I have a right old birds nest going on at the minute but I hate going to the hairdressers with a passion as I always feel so self conscious there :blush:

Minstrel
01-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Have a look in the local paper. They usually advertise there.

Should probably take my own advice as I have a right old birds nest going on at the minute but I hate going to the hairdressers with a passion as I always feel so self conscious there :blush:

I think that's my problem too :blush:

I hate spending the whole time in front of the mirror.

I'm worried it will look horrible.

I'm terrified they're going to tell me i have nits!!!!

The Juggler
01-03-2011, 10:20 PM
jeans, jeans, jeans and oh, did I mention.... jeans :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

used to be boyfriend and slouchy - still is but since lost a bit of weight now skinny ones too.

however, have resolved this year to ditch the boring cap sleeve t-shirts and grandad tops and buy a few more exciting blouses/tops which can withstand the snot, paint etc.

Usually trainers too but sometimes flat boots.

oh and I'm and out of the shower, brush hair scrape in ponytail kinda girl - no makeup - no time!! rather spend my mornign time eating breakfast and having a quick forum visit;)

wendywu
01-03-2011, 10:43 PM
I wear most styles depends how the mood takes me.

Today i have on long ugg boots with buttons up the side. Thick black leggings, stretchy short skirt and long black top. Then a denim shirt over the top and a belt round my hips.

I never leave the house without my makeup and my hair done. Oh and earrings, necklace, bracelet and perfume.

I like skinny jeans, jumper dresses, long or short skirts, dresses in the summer, and i have a thing about scarves (not wooly) at the moment.

I enjoy dressing up. I must admit i dont wear joggers or tracksuit bottoms, only when i come out of the shower in the evenings

SandCastles
01-03-2011, 10:43 PM
I recently checked my wardrobe and was quite amazed, I have 4 pairs of the same jeans in blue, black, grey and light wash, the same short sleeved top in black, grey, red and navy, the same cardi in 2 different colours, grey and red and 2 pairs of boots (same style) in brown and black.
How boring is that. Will have to check New Look for some ideas, I like the idea of wearing leggings under a summer dress. maybe I should take a look at their web site?

kindredspirits
02-03-2011, 08:03 AM
i never used to both with makeup or haircuts etc - i honestly didn't have my hair cut between 17 and about 22/23?!? :eek:
In the last year I have felt like making more of an effort - not that it helps :laughing: and the hairdresser comes round every 9 weeks and I put a bit of make up on in the morning - only concealer/foundation and some bronzer - i have terrible spots due to PCOS so it makes me feel a little more human when i greet mindees!
as for clothes, i only ever wear cheap jeans and usually a thin long-sleeved t-shirt in the winter, in the summer long skirts. i would love to get more but i am so unbelieveably fussy and never think anything suits me - plus i seem to have a major issue being able to match shoes with clothes so i never both to wear things like leggings and skirts together in the winter as i can't find any dainty shoes that i like!