PDA

View Full Version : Recession

Schnakes
21-04-2008, 08:40 PM
God I hope I spelt that title right!! :D

Is anybody here worried about the state of the countries finances at the moment ? Or do you think that the job we do will always be in demand? Anyone mind through the last recession?

Sx

Fandangles
21-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Not sure how it will affect us. On the one hand a lot of people who would traditionally stay at home may be forced out to work and therefore need childcare (e.g. us). On the other hand a lot more mothers may see childminding as a route to making money and the number of childminders may go up reducing fees.

ajs
21-04-2008, 09:13 PM
i was minding in london in the early 90s when my son was born and i was full to the limit all day everyday, so perhaps it won't be a bad thing work wise
of course everything else will be mega expensive so we'll all have to be full full time to be able to buy so much as a loaf of bread.

fionamal
21-04-2008, 09:15 PM
I feel sorry for the younger generation as there is no way a young couple can get onto the property market these days.

Even myself and hubby would struggle if we were just starting out to buy a house.

sarah707
21-04-2008, 09:28 PM
I had one quiet time in 14 years of minding and that was a couple of summers ago... I'm not overly worried about the recession tbh, more about the effect the eyfs will have on childminders. :(

Lottie
21-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Think it will be a bonus for us lot because more people will have to go back to work.

devoncm
22-04-2008, 08:14 AM
Fionamal= tel me bout it, im hoping to get out of council housing but just cant afford it! we need about 30k just for deposit-thats a def no no for us.

Twinkles
22-04-2008, 08:38 AM
I think we will have more work TBH.
As someone has said a lot of stay at home mums will be forced into work.
If some stay at home mums want to get into childminding they will find it harder than they think especially with EYFS.
I'm sure there will be enough childminding work.