PDA

View Full Version : omg ive just thrown development worker out

foxy lady
01-03-2011, 02:28 PM
ahhhhh im so mad!!!!!!!!
today i had my development worker coming round at 1.30 weve had a really hetic morning out at tots group then some painting i had fed my son who is 19 months and my mindee who is 17 months then put the mindee upstairs to sleep, i decided i would eat my lunch infront of the tv with a bit of jeremy kyle. i was just tucking into my soup when the dw turns up 10 mins early. i commented on that she was early and invited her into the lounge while i finished my lunch. my son was happily playing on the carpet with his farm animals, she walked into the room took 1 look at the tv and said............... WHAT HAVE YOU GOT THAT ON FOR??? dont you care what your son is watching? you shouldnt have that on in minded hours. for god sake its my lunch time its only me and MY son and she was early, as it watch what i want in my own home with my son. she then tutted ,huffed and rolled her eyes at which point i told her i thought she was very rude and asked her to leave. she then ranted on about how i had wasted her time and how there are loads of other people who would love her help and have had to wait because she was here with me. as she was on the way out of the door she asked me if i wanted to rebook another date ?????????????????? what is she on!!!!

PixiePetal
01-03-2011, 02:30 PM
my one mindee is sleeping and I watched Corrie while having lunch :blush: no one else here so I don't see it as a problem - or is it?

Happy Bunny
01-03-2011, 02:33 PM
mine are all asleep and i'm watching a film lol lol whilst enjoying a cup of tea and choc

wendywu
01-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Good on you putting her in her place. She can think what she likes but needs to keep it to herself if it is just you and you son.:panic:

Goatgirl
01-03-2011, 02:35 PM
hehe, good for you :thumbsup:
..... its bad enough being bossed around, but in your own home ?!!

wish i'd been a fly on the wall :D

bws,
wendy :)

Mouse
01-03-2011, 02:35 PM
I'm afraid I'd have said the same if I'd walked in -

Jeremy Kyle?? How could you?? Biggest pile of poop on TV :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

But obvioulsy I'd have been joking (well, not about Jeremy Kyle being poop!).

I really don't see that it was any of her concern if mindee was asleep, so good for you for standing up to her.

caz3007
01-03-2011, 02:37 PM
She has no right to say what you and your DS have on the TV. Could understand if mindies where there. One of my new LO's has watched JK since she was born and mum is going back to work on Monday. Think any tv watching in my house will be more sedate cbeebies. But if she is asleep, then I may watch the repeats of JK on ITV2 if I so wish

barbarella68
01-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Snap I kicked mine out last year over another childminder, I am very wary of them now. I have her replacement coming on Thursday and hopefully she is better than the last one if not out she goes.I will not be dictated to by a jobs :( worth.:(

Gherkin
01-03-2011, 02:45 PM
EEEK. Mine would dream of doing that. Quite lucky as the last one was lovely but never really gave a definitive answer to anything and the new one is lovely too but just a bit bonkers.

ziggy
01-03-2011, 02:47 PM
Well done, i feel guilty if i'm sitting at table with coffee and newspaper while mindees are sleeping.

sillysausage
01-03-2011, 02:48 PM
I would put in an official complaint about her rudeness and manners. She sounds to have behaved in a totally unprofessional manner and needs bringing down a peg or two.

kel1983
01-03-2011, 02:48 PM
OMG how rude of her. What are you suppose to do while the mindees are sleeping?

I watch what I want during nap time. I usually sit down and eat my lunch while watching Loose Women and the lunchtime news. Then a bit of housework.

rickysmiths
01-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Good for you. it is long since time we stood up to some of these people who apparently live on a different planet. :clapping: :clapping:

I think too many of these people forget that we work in our own homes. how rude of her to comment on what you are doing with your son on your break.

Ours all go on the 31st March and as mine has never visited she has only come to our cm group 4 or 5 times in 6yrs I don't think we will miss her.

Louise0208
01-03-2011, 02:52 PM
well done you :clapping: wish i had done the same when my DO spoke down to me last time.

i dislike my DO, because i dont do things the way she told me to (using council recomended tatty, messy paperwork she said my paperwork was not worth the paper its written on :rolleyes: she also told me i shouldnt have my dog in the house while im minding......amazing how the ofsted inspector played with the dog for nearly half hour after the inspection had finished & commented on how calm he is around others.

keeks
01-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Well done for telling her how you felt, wouldn't life be so much easier if everyone did that all the time! Development workers would learn what is appropriate behaviour and so would everyone else.

I find the older I get the less I put up with. Most things don't bother me, but I am pretty straight forward if I feel it is needed.

xxx

ajs
01-03-2011, 02:57 PM
i won't allow my DO into my house and she knows better then to try to come to visit me

oh and good for you and well done on throwing her out, your house your choice of tv ( although i have never once watched JK i certainly wouldn't be told by a trumped up jobsworth what I was allowed to watch in my own home)

kindredspirits
01-03-2011, 03:33 PM
totally agree - none of her business what you put on the tv in front of your son. can't believe the nerve of some people, even if you're thinking it you don't say it!!!!! JK is not my cup of tea but if I chose to watch it and my son was in the room then thats my choice as his parent - its obviously not considered totally unsuitable for children seeing as its a daytime show.

Louise0208
01-03-2011, 03:38 PM
- its obviously not considered totally unsuitable for children seeing as its a daytime show.

my kids just need to go outside or visit friends houses to live it in real life :laughing: :thumbsup: (yes i like on a pikey estate)

WibbleWobble
01-03-2011, 03:54 PM
i am just in awe of you actually asking her to leave....that has made my day!

as for what YOU watch in YOUR home in YOUR time is YOUR business. Its bad enough having all and sundry rooting through your fridge, bedrooms etc when inspected. Our homes are very quickly becoming a public place!

mandy xxx

Blackcat
01-03-2011, 04:11 PM
my kids just need to go outside or visit friends houses to live it in real life :laughing: :thumbsup: (yes i like on a pikey estate)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Blackcat
01-03-2011, 04:12 PM
well done you xxxx

My DO is too young and scaried of most people lol

sandy64
01-03-2011, 04:25 PM
how rude cant believe she said that and as your sons so young he wouldnt understand what you were watching any way not that its her buisness anyway. so good for you.:)

mrsmaggy
01-03-2011, 05:58 PM
I watch loose woman whilst my mindees snooze, if im not doing diaries or cleaning, good for you throwing her out :clapping:

Tealady
01-03-2011, 06:20 PM
I bet she get an whole hour for lunch and can do as she pleases.

I'm lucky my DO and her manager, they are both lovely. They used to be childminders themselves which I think helps.

georgie456
01-03-2011, 06:25 PM

I'm lucky my DO and her manager, they are both lovely. They used to be childminders themselves which I think helps.

My DO also used to be a childminder which I think helps ALOT! Also her son attends my daughter's school so we see each other daily on the school run - she is a nice normal human being which seems rare these days!!!

TammyN
01-03-2011, 06:34 PM

i was just thinking the same, sometimes i feel like im helping them rather than asking for advice, now we have 2 but they are nice and wouldn't dare to question a break with the tv on.

mufftie
01-03-2011, 07:13 PM
im going to sound silly now , but whats a do? im guessing it means delopment officer but what is their purpose ? ive never heard of one bfore apart from you lot mentioning them

Bevbeetle
01-03-2011, 07:25 PM
think maybe you should give your development officer a ring ask her what you should wwear tomorrow, what to have for tea, what to do at the weekend lol

im so proud of you for standing up to her i asked my development worker for some forms 6 months ago still waiting and she was going to email them to me

TheBTeam
01-03-2011, 07:36 PM
I have to say i would have done the same as you, but she never would have caught me watching Jeremy Kyle!! (what was it that was posted earlier about a pile of poop:laughing: :laughing: )!

I would probably have been watching a soap another form of poop!

Deb
01-03-2011, 08:05 PM
we dont call ours DO's we have network co-ordinators, there is a teamof about 6 with a manager in Sheffield and they do a fabulous job. Marvellous. I wouldnt be without ours.

foxy lady
02-03-2011, 05:52 PM
i know im really sad watching jereny kyle but i like it it makes me feel normal :eek: in a mad world:laughing:

catswhiskers
03-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Mine is also called a network co-ordinator. The last time she visited me was in June 09 and if I knew she was coming the telly wouldn't have been on. But that's just me. That's maybe because I don't have time to watch it anyway, even when I'm eating my lunch, which is on the go around the three mindees I have.

Heaven Scent
03-03-2011, 11:16 PM
I agree with all the others - good for you!!

Heaven Scent
03-03-2011, 11:24 PM
Sorry I put my thread in yours - I've moved it now and have definately started a thread all of my own - so not hijacking anyone elses thread.

Sorry

flowerpots
04-03-2011, 09:46 AM
i know im really sad watching jereny kyle but i like it it makes me feel normal :eek: in a mad world:laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: me too!

well done hun. :clapping: