PDA

View Full Version : school runs

donnamarie2
01-03-2011, 07:41 AM
Hi , Does anyone do school runs to different schools and does it work ok?
I have had an enquiry from someone stuck and it's from a school about 5 ,10 mins away she has got the child in at after school club for an hour after school so pick up for me isnt a problem.
The start time is 15 mins before my other school and im wondering if it's going to work any advice would be good.
Forgot to say that i would need to drive .

Happy Bunny
01-03-2011, 07:44 AM
You will need to take into account traffic and the time getting children in and out of the car.
What may seem a short journey can sometimes be longer, what would happen of you were late picking up from your school.

sarah707
01-03-2011, 07:45 AM
I cover 2 schools but I walk between them and they do have slightly different start / finish times.

I think it's harder if you drive because of parking.

Why not try it one morning? See if you can get into the first school with a child, back to the car, strapped in, out again etc in the time?

Hth :D

miffy
01-03-2011, 07:52 AM
Sorry, but it sounds a bit of a pain to me, especially as you'll have to drive - that limits the amount of children you can have anyway and the faff of getting them into and out of the car would put me off.

Miffy xx

mama2three
01-03-2011, 08:24 AM
I do it 2 evenings a week. Thursdays both schools finish at the same time so mindee is in afterschool club for 20 mins til I can get to her. Fridays she finishes early so thats fine . Its a real pain getting ds and 2 mindees out of the car and into buggy for about 2 minutes whilst I collect on Thursday.
I also let another mindee go at xmas as it was too rushed to get him and my ds to 2 different schools in the morning. Worked fine if and when they went in on time , but those days were rare!

angeldelight
01-03-2011, 09:25 AM
Hi , Does anyone do school runs to different schools and does it work ok?
I have had an enquiry from someone stuck and it's from a school about 5 ,10 mins away she has got the child in at after school club for an hour after school so pick up for me isnt a problem.
The start time is 15 mins before my other school and im wondering if it's going to work any advice would be good.
Forgot to say that i would need to drive .

Not sure that I would fancy that sounds like to much trouble

I do pick ups from two different schools but they are very close and one comes out 5 min before the other so its not so bad

Are you going to do it ?

Angel xx

caz3007
01-03-2011, 09:42 AM
The drop off could be a problem, especially if the class is late opening and then you have to bundle others in car and then find a parking space at the second school. I think I would try it one morning before deciding

donnamarie2
01-03-2011, 12:44 PM
Thanks i think trying it sounds a good idea and seeing if it works.
When the lady first rang i said no as her school finished 15 mins before mine and i was worried about getting back in time, then she rung back and said the child could go to after school club till 4.15 which means i can pick mine up then go for hers which is not a problem.
It was the mornings that concerned me as i don't want my kids late everyday , but on the other hand enquiries are nil at my school and this lady is the 3rd person to enquire since i registered in sept , i currently have 1 before and after school child and to be honest am not earning enough to live on so it is tempting...

mum22
01-03-2011, 12:53 PM
I think trying it for yourself is a great idea, for me I couldnt do it as I would worry all day about parking and being late, buts thats what I am like! good luck with what you decide.:)