PDA

View Full Version : how to get rid of a rude granny ,,

mushpea
01-03-2011, 07:35 AM
one of my holiday only mindees gets picked up by gran ,, she uses the bus to come and go home on and because of the bus times always arrives early and when i tell child to get ready she then says,, no no we have time go and play and strolls past me with her shoes on through the house , then mindee plays up! I do tell him off but i alm getting fed up with both his behaviour and the fact that gran is so rude,, she dosent ask if i would mind her waiting she always says im not waiting in the cold we will just wait here!
I am thinking that I can say to child ,, get your stuff on and then you can wait in the kitchen with gran as she cant come in the living room with her shoes but to be honest i dont want her here as she interferes with what ever i am doing and it gets on my nerves
any ideas on how i can get rid of her as she arrives?

Happy Bunny
01-03-2011, 07:42 AM
I'd tell her to take her shoes off for a start!!!

Bit of a cheek her expecting to stay lol, I would lie and say your insurance doesn't cover you for her staying or that Ofsted regulations require that all visitors who stay must be CRB checked.
That should get rid of her ha ha ha ha

ORKSIE
01-03-2011, 07:46 AM
If you know what time she's gonna arrive, I would have the child ready for her.
Then she can take Mindee home as soon as she arrives.

Good Luck

xx

Blackcat
01-03-2011, 07:54 AM
Sounds like my mum lol.
tell her to take her shoes off.

send the mindees mum a polite not explaining that the extra time mindee spent (even in the company of gran ) will be charged at xxx rate as mindee is still taking up a place in YOUR home.
she will soon get the message

or don't open the door until the mindee is ready to go straight out the door:thumbsup:

miffy
01-03-2011, 07:55 AM
If you know what time she's gonna arrive, I would have the child ready for her.
Then she can take Mindee home as soon as she arrives.

Good Luck

xx

I agree - I think you will have to be blunt or as rude as she is!

Miffy xx

keeks
01-03-2011, 07:59 AM
I had to talk to a parent who walked in with her shoes, and her 4 year old with his muddy boots, to my lounge and my bedroom :eek: to pick up lo who is often sleeping at pick up time. They now take their shoes off, although parent still at times forget. I am going to put a sign up too.

As for an interfering granny - ask Saija for advice, she handled her Grannygate brilliantly! :laughing:

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=66964&highlight=grannygate

I hope you get this sorted!

xx

mushpea
01-03-2011, 08:09 AM
I could have him ready to go but then she is always early cause of the bus times and even if he is still stood there ready she pushes her way in tells him to go and play,,,
think i need to say'if you want to wait you can wait in my hall as ofsted regs have changed and you cant come in whilst i have other childre,, then just leave her to it! either that or shove him out the door and not even let her in:laughing:

ORKSIE
01-03-2011, 08:11 AM
or shove him out the door and not even let her in:laughing:

Now there's a plan:thumbsup:

angeldelight
01-03-2011, 08:21 AM
I could have him ready to go but then she is always early cause of the bus times and even if he is still stood there ready she pushes her way in tells him to go and play,,,
think i need to say'if you want to wait you can wait in my hall as ofsted regs have changed and you cant come in whilst i have other childre,, then just leave her to it! either that or shove him out the door and not even let her in:laughing:

That sounds good to me ha ha :laughing:

I have parents that would do the same if I allowed it ...... they dont get past the door though

I hand their childs coat and bag to them while I block the door getting the childs shoes on

Be strong she is a cheeky so and so

Angel xx

Baildon bears
01-03-2011, 11:09 AM
It is a very difficult situation and would drive me insane, I think I would have a word with the parents explain that it's unexceptable for grandma staying in house while she is waiting for her bus as you are working and its making you feel uncomfortable. Just out of interest how long is she there for? I have one parent who talks for England and it's very hard on a morning saying I really must get the children ready for school, she used to make us late. She once stood talking for 45 mins think I will have to invest in a mr chatterbox hat lol

Mrs Pootle
01-03-2011, 11:30 AM
As for an interfering granny - ask Saija for advice, she handled her Grannygate brilliantly! :laughing:

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=66964&highlight=grannygate

I hope you get this sorted!

xx

:laughing: :laughing: Made me think of Grannygate too :laughing:

caz3007
01-03-2011, 11:31 AM
:laughing: :laughing: Made me think of Grannygate too :laughing:

I thought that when I read the title, before reading any posts :laughing:

Pipsqueak
01-03-2011, 12:36 PM
as soon as I saw the title I though GrannyGate:laughing: :laughing:

remember Mushpea - this is YOUR home - you say what happens in it and by who by.

A polite reminder to RESPECT MY HOME (several thousand flyers pinned around the house ought to do it)

Louise0208
01-03-2011, 12:40 PM
i have spent an hour reading through grannygate like this ---->:eek:

sounds like the sort of families i end up with :blush:

Daftbat
01-03-2011, 01:36 PM
I would get all the kids ready and when the granny comes tell her that sorry she can't come in today as you have to go out - an just go! Even if its a trip round the block - she will have no alternative then.

Mouse
01-03-2011, 01:41 PM
I always think that if people are that rude to you, you can be that rude back to them. Just be very forceful & say that she cannot come in & wait. No nursery would allow it.

I had a parents come to visit me years ago who had a similar thing with bus times. She said she'd be with me by 8am and would wait until 8.30am as she didn't want to get to work too early :eek: I told her I was sorry, but I couldn't allow that as I had other children to see to. Luckily they chose someone else to go to - I wasn't sorry!

kindredspirits
01-03-2011, 01:49 PM
definately just tell her that she cannot be on the premisis for a significant period of time whilst you are minding other children without a CRB check. Tell her you're very sorry but rules are rules and as much as you would like to be able to accomodate her its just not possible so in future handovers will have to be made at the door and fairly quickly.

wendywu
01-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Yes i agree, i would contact parents and state that you have no problem having the mindee to the contacted time.

But on no account can nan be on your property for more than a 5min pick up. So in future she has two choices go and loose herself by getting a coffee or shopping or collect child early and go.

Have the child ready and stand door ajar blocking the entrance to your house, mindees in coat and hand firmly gripped. Then hand him over.

Some people, perhaps her council have close her local OAP drop in centre and she is using your house instead :laughing:

It's a small world
01-03-2011, 05:21 PM
i have spent an hour reading through grannygate like this ---->:eek:

sounds like the sort of families i end up with :blush:

Me too :eek: couoldnt believe the nerve of this granny :eek: I laughed :laughing: at some of the comments but was totally shocked by grannys :eek:

well thats past an hour :laughing:

Katiekoo
01-03-2011, 05:47 PM
Could you ask the parents to have a review of the contracted hours to fit around the bus timetable as there seems to be a lot of hanging around? ;)

mushpea
01-03-2011, 06:44 PM
i've just read granngate,,, WOW :eek: puts my problem in perspective then lol,,,, shes only here about 20mins but it just agrivates me that she has to interfer in what we do,,,, I am going to have his coat and shoes on next time ready to go and when she arrives i will take him to the door and call the others so they are in the hall to getting their shoes on so she hasnt got any chance of getting in my hall then we will take my dog for a short walk,, I dont care if its only 10mins walk , anything not to have to put up with granny!

karen m
01-03-2011, 09:54 PM
I agree with daftbat ,take other lo for a walk

glitzygal
01-03-2011, 10:57 PM
I HAD one lo mum did that, so i now get child ready by door, shoes, coat and then open door, hand bags and let child go to mum, door by my side, so it cant open wider,,,,,,,,,,

we shouldnt ahve to take children out just to avoid letting people in, its our houses, but i do understand why we do this....

i also say bye quickly and peck on cheek, by then the child is next to mum or dad or who ever gets them, then i say ok ill see you next time, and go anf close door and lock it, ( this one time lo wlaked back in after a while i hadnt locked door back up, as they were the last ones to go and i did nt have any one left, so didnt think to lock it, i do now,,):thumbsup:

also they have to relaise you are busy and need to get on,,