PDA

View Full Version : Royal wedding

Debbieanne
28-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Whats every one doing for the royal wedding..apart from having the day off?

auntym
01-03-2011, 07:38 AM
Im not taking the wedding off. There are already another 3 bank holidays that wk with easter and mayday so I have told parents I am open as normal. I cant afford to take it off as saving for cyprus. Not charging double either as one parent a auxiliarynurse and her normal shift. Will only have one though as the rest are off. So easy day really.

Mrs Pootle
01-03-2011, 07:44 AM
Having a party :clapping: - We (family) are going to dress in our finery, with homemade hats covered in feathers & jewels etc. We'll watch the whole thing on tv, sipping bucks fizz (alcohol free cocktails for the children).
I'll hang up the Union flag bunting, and celebrate all that is British. My children can't wait to see them leave the church in the coach. :)

miffy
01-03-2011, 07:57 AM
Nothing much - am not working but then Friday is my day off anyway.

Might watch it on TV but only if I'm really bored!

Miffy xx

mama2three
01-03-2011, 08:28 AM
Im not taking the wedding off. There are already another 3 bank holidays that wk with easter and mayday so I have told parents I am open as normal. I cant afford to take it off as saving for cyprus. Not charging double either as one parent a auxiliarynurse and her normal shift. Will only have one though as the rest are off. So easy day really.

The auxillary nurse will be getting her bank holiday rate for working , probably double time .

Roseolivia
01-03-2011, 08:45 AM
Think our village is having a party on the green, should be lots of fun as there's also 2 pubs on the green.

angeldelight
01-03-2011, 09:11 AM
I have the day off so not sure what I will be doing yet

Angel xx

solly
01-03-2011, 01:02 PM
I dont work bank holidays and i still get paid:clapping:

I will be travelling up to Wales with a friend to go and visit my horse as have not seen her since she went on loan at the end of Jan
I will be up there the whole weekend and travelling back on the monday as again its a bank holiday so a nice long weekend break for me without my kids and DH:clapping: