PDA

View Full Version : Cleaner: Bit the Bullet!

Noomie
28-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Today a cleaner came to help me with the housework.

In so many ways I felt like a failure that I couldn't keep up with it all.

But... It's so nice to have someone else do the bathroom for you!!!!

I work 7.30-6.30 most days with up to 11 children in and out of my front door.

I was struggling to get all the work done and enjoy my weekend, just clearing up.

Ahhhhh!

Chimps Childminding
28-02-2011, 11:44 PM
I don't blame you for taking on a cleaner!!! I currently work 4 days and seem to spend the other 3 catching up on paperwork or housework while the rest of my lot relax at the week-end :angry: When I argued the other day that dh had sat on his a*** all weekend he said "well I don't get a day off in the week like you" :angry: :angry:

I would also like a window cleaner as the kitchen and patio door get done regularly, but I don't have time or energy for the rest, and can't reach the outside of the upstairs ones without taking my life in my hands leaning out of the window!! but cant see dh agreeing to paying for one :rolleyes:

ajs
01-03-2011, 07:21 AM
I never feel like a failure if I have a cleaner, I see it as freeing up my off work hours to do more productive things like play on Facebook or the forum.
I am not sure hubby even knows we've got a window cleaner, ours does the whole street and I just pay him as he's finished every month.

linzi133
01-03-2011, 07:24 AM
I LOVE my cleaner! She is so good ! My OH said we didn't need one but I insisted and said we can either give the government some tax money....or we can have someone to clean our house and the. Spend more time together as a family.
The one week our cleaner was poorly I made sure he did most of the housework instead of doing 'nice' things.......he's never mentioned it again!
Seriously though......it really made a BIG difference to our life. (and when I have visitors i always make sure they come just after she has been as my house is always immaculate :blush:

angeldelight
01-03-2011, 09:13 AM
Oh lucky you

I am jealous

In our house I am the cleaner :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

flowerpots
01-03-2011, 09:24 AM
where did you all get your cleaners, i REALLY need one but dont know where to look? :rolleyes:

caz3007
01-03-2011, 09:27 AM
I would also like a window cleaner as the kitchen and patio door get done regularly, but I don't have time or energy for the rest, and can't reach the outside of the upstairs ones without taking my life in my hands leaning out of the window!! but cant see dh agreeing to paying for one :rolleyes:

Our window cleaner costs £8 per month, we have a three bedroom house and two lots of windows downstairs are patio door size. How about ringing round a few and getting a quote :D

Flisspaps
01-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Carolyn - if you are working, and therefore bringing in income, then you don't need to get DH to agree to getting a window cleaner in! :D

JCrakers
01-03-2011, 11:29 AM
I had a cleaner for a few weeks when I was full to the brim. 11 kids 4 days a week and was finding no time to do thing for my own two children.

I only kept her on for a while as I lost one of my fulltimers so couldnt really afford it.

Enjoy it...put your feet up :D

becky x

ajs
01-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Our window cleaner costs £8 per month, we have a three bedroom house and two lots of windows downstairs are patio door size. How about ringing round a few and getting a quote :D

that's what i pay too

solly
01-03-2011, 12:22 PM
I have a window cleaner once a month. a cleaner once a week and an ironing lady once a week, I give her a basket of ironing then she brings it all either folded or on hangers just to put away. I have found it has made such a difference.

~Chelle~
01-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Oh lucky you

I am jealous

In our house I am the cleaner :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

Same here and I am the cook, gardener, ironing lady, nurse, tutor, agony aunt ect ect lol

zillervalley
01-03-2011, 12:53 PM
although dh is a good help i would love a cleaner to do my upstairs .

might look into it whats the going rate?

caz3007
01-03-2011, 02:05 PM
Just been to my post office and saw two cleaner ads. Was thinking about someone to do the kitchen and bathroom and perhaps hoover up the stairs. But and a huge but, would have to seriously declutter upstairs first :laughing:

LOOPYLISA
01-03-2011, 02:11 PM
We have a fair size 2 bed, we pay £6 every 6 weeks ish for a window cleaner its cheap as hes a mate :thumbsup:

ziggy
01-03-2011, 02:45 PM
my cleaner started last week and it was worth every penny. My dad is very ill and it meant i could spend some quality time with him over the weekend instead of mopping floors:)

Trying hard now to keep it clean and tidy as she is on holiday for 2 weeks:(

kel1983
01-03-2011, 02:53 PM
I wish I could afford to hire aa cleaner and an ironing lady. I have to do it all round here. Lukily the LO i mind has a good 1-2 hour sleep in the afternoons so I get a lot of cleaning done then. I really dont want to be doing it at the weekends.

We do however have a window cleaner. We pay £7 every 7 weeks and we have loads of windows. Only downside is you you have to clean the inside of the windows once hes been as it shows all the dirty marks up :panic: