PDA

View Full Version : the logistics of it all...

levason
28-02-2011, 02:44 PM
thought i'd already posted this so apologies if it appears again!
Today was my first day childminding, mindee currently asleep and 2 yr old ds watching some cbeebies. so thought i'd pop on here and ask a couple of questions. I change nappies in the hallway as I can see whats happening in the living room and hear whats happening in the playroom, (the playroom is linked onto living room but is not viewable from hallway but I can hear everything going on) my question is about disposing of nappies? obviously not wanting to leave lo's unattended as he's only crawling, so for today have literally been flinging them into utility room, I had planned to take them into our laundry room where the bin is but after today thats not practical. would it be okay to bring the bin into the utility room even though children need to pass it to access the toilet and back door?

Also I am only registered for down stairs but feel that naps would be better off upstairs, how easy is it to get one upstairs room registered and how long does it take?

thanks in advance!xx

Vickster
28-02-2011, 02:53 PM
I hang a carrier bag on a high door knob, out of reach in the playroom for tissues, wipes and nappies (in nappy sacks) as I have a crawler and the main bin is at the other end of the house. Not sure re upstairs as got all of my house registered even though I only use one bedroom out of three.

Baildon bears
28-02-2011, 04:35 PM
As far as unstairs is concerned you need to contact ofsted and ask permission, you will have to do an updated fire policy and risk assessments, they may have to come out and access you again.

Deb
28-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Just have a bin in the playroom!

Ring ofsted and ask, on your form explain that you have reflected on practice and feel that it's necessary. They'll talk you through it, shouldnt be a massive problem and if they do need to come out they'll only be interested in your upstairs bit - and wont be inspecting your full service. In fact I'll be surprised if they come out at all tbh.