PDA

View Full Version : loving CMing why didn't i do it sooner

mr man
28-02-2011, 01:40 PM
hi, i am loving childminding. i am so puzzled why i didnt do it sooner.
I'm feeling more settled with it now, possibly somethign to do with the fact i actually got out of my first half term only slighty more insane. :laughing:

its a lot of paperwork to start with, but honeslty it is all worth it in the end.

To those who are starting out, dont be put off by all the info and also MR and MRS Ofsted. it's worth it ( note remind me i said that when my inspection is due :p )

i'm espcially liking the fact i am in charge, and also feeling positive and movivated.
i love that i am not full, and am i happy with this, because i get odd afternoons off or couple of hours once children are all in school. This time is for me to take a breath and catch up. i like it. :thumbsup:

Mrs Pootle
28-02-2011, 03:27 PM
:clapping: Glad your're enjoying it, and so am I :clapping:

I have a few children spaced through the week, so like you I get a few hours to myself now and then to catch up and plan, and have a cuppa before the school run. I worked in childcare for years (nursery nurse) then after a career change had my children. I was going to childmind when I had dd1 (now 7) but only got round to it last year. It is a fab job. :thumbsup:

mufftie
28-02-2011, 03:59 PM
That's great I'm full so very rarely get a few hours to myself but I'm loving the money :p

Polly2
28-02-2011, 05:01 PM
Its great you are enjoying it - cming has its ups and downs but really is the best job :clapping:

Deb
28-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Good, nice to hear a postive newcomer :)

I like it too.

miffy
28-02-2011, 05:49 PM
I'm glad you're enjoying yourself!

Errr, I will remind you what you said about Ofsted when they ring to arrange your inspection! :laughing:

Miffy xx

jane5
28-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Yes I am loving it too,

I have no schoolies yet and I want to wait till my dd starts nursery in September before I do the dreaded school run (I hated it when my older children were at school):o

I am minding full time Monday to Thursday and have a Friday off and I am loving this ;)

I am glad others are happy with their hours too :laughing:

WibbleWobble
28-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Like lots of forum members i have had other "lives". I had a high powered high paid job in the NHS and gave over 20 years of servitude.

When DD2 -now 19 (one with learning difficulties) was a little i started the process....i think it was the time when social services were incharge.

I didnt go very far and stayed in the NHS.

But two years ago i took the bull by the horns and started again.
And what a rollercoaster!

I have never enjoyed a job so much and have met some lovely people in the process.

When i told my parents i was wanting to register they were appalled. they were very disappointed that i was looking to "dumb down" and be just a minder.

well i have proven them wrong...i had an excellent Ofsted report, i have started an OU degree and am earning a good wage. I turn customers down and have been approached to mentor and be an accredited childminder.

My dad is now SO proud of me, when he made a speech at a big family gathering he told everone how proud he is ...my dad is not good at giving praise!

so yes...i agree with you tomnbeccs....it is great isnt it?

mandy xxxx

Faye1980
04-04-2011, 01:21 PM
I sai exactly the same...why didnt i do it sooner, i spent years working in personnel and hated every minute of it...its a thankless job working for greedy employers. I now feel that im working for 3 good reasons, to pay my bills, to give children the best start in life and to be at home with my son! Sometimes i cant believe im actually getting paid to do what i do...LOL I LOVE IT!!

The Juggler
04-04-2011, 04:37 PM
what a lovely post :)

Am loving my job today too. All 3 of my littlies were having wow moments all over the shop. Had to keep my notebook in hand:laughing: