PDA

View Full Version : Childminder having a baby

Loobee
27-02-2011, 09:05 PM
I am in the latter stages of becoming registered as a childminder, the process has taken a lot longer than i thought and me and my husband are thinking of trying for our second child in the summer. I just wondered if any other childminders have had a baby and what time off you had? and what happened to your children/business whilst you took time off? I'm just thinking ahead really! Thanks

Carls
27-02-2011, 09:58 PM
I had been childminding for 8 years and was fully booked up when I found out I was pregnant with my third DD! :clapping: I managed to work right up till 2 weeks before and then went back to work when my baby was 6 weeks and only that long after because it was a c section! It was the best thing I have ever done and it has never hurt my daughter, if anything it has helped her to become a lovely girl! She has never moaned about my job because she has never known anything different!
As for what happened with the children I was caring for - one child hapened to leave for other reasons regarding school choices and I had to apply for a variation for the other children as it was continuation of care! Ofsted were fine with this!
good luck with minding! I wouldnt do anything else now! I love it!:)

The Juggler
28-02-2011, 05:41 PM
what a lovely decision! the only thing I'd say to be careful of (having read posts on here) is that you might find it difficult to get prospective parents signing up if you are already pregnant.

Others already working when they've fallen pregnant seem to have managed ok and taken time off, my own childminder had 2 babies in the space of 13 months when she was lookign after my two children:eek:

karenandsmile
28-02-2011, 05:46 PM
ok here we go i had two weeks off work when i had my second child all the parents where aware i would be doing this so i worked till i went into hospital then had 2 weeks off i looked at it all these mums that have 4/5 /6 children of their own can do so why cant i do it and i manged and it worked lol but this may not be for you lol

Loobee
28-02-2011, 09:41 PM
Thanks for your replies. Gives me some idea of what others have done. x