PDA

View Full Version : Chicken pox

Baildon bears
27-02-2011, 04:46 PM
My youngest son has started with chicken pox today, he is not I'll with it but I am aware he is infectious, what do I do regards work should I shut down or give parents the choice of bringing their children? I have one child not coming as mum is early days pregnant. Thanks Hannah

mufftie
27-02-2011, 04:56 PM
I had chicken pox sweep through me September last year , my friends son (2) got it first and being a cm aswel. Our mindees and children were together slot so the inevitable happened , I gave the parents a choice and they all said they would continue to bring them as with chicken pox the damage is Allready done by the time you know about it , most of the children once they hit it had a few days of due to having temperatures and it took a good 6 weeks to go round every one but at least it shouldn't happen again . My daughter as she had already had chicken pox got impetigo instead which I managed to control to a minimum

zillervalley
27-02-2011, 05:03 PM
hi

I was just going to start a thread about chicken pox then read this so i will shaddow this one ( interested in replys) hope you dont mind

one of my mindees has also come down with Chicked pox on the 22nd which was last tuesday

Mum is staying off tomorrow

i have looked at the information i have about recommended period to be kept away from school/ childminders

it says 5 days from onset of rash

because it words like that and it is more that 5 days after tomorrow i am staying open and also telling other parent so she can also make up her own mind

ziller