PDA

View Full Version : Living willow kits

Ripeberry
27-02-2011, 02:33 PM
I've taken the plunge this year and ordered myself a dome willow kit for the garden.
I've got an empty space at the bottom of the garden and wanted something 'den like'.
My idea is to make the dome, then put a few log seats in there and maybe have a 'chalkboard table' in the middle.

Then the children can also use the framework of the dome to balance their guttering on and play with water, going accross the dome or out of it into a container.

I've also ordered a few colourfull cuttings that I'm hoping to plant in the chicken run so that I'll be able to harvest a few coloured sticks for craft or even let them grow tall and make another dome of my own.

Full of ideas today, must be the spring sunshine :D

Have a look at this site: www.waterwillows.com

sarah707
27-02-2011, 03:13 PM
They look lovely! :D

babs
27-02-2011, 04:41 PM
they look great i was thinking of something like this up a corner in our garden they have one at sure start children love it..:thumbsup:

curlycathy
27-02-2011, 05:41 PM
I've got a willow house and am starting a tunnel up the side of the garden - it will eventually go into "fairyland" at the bottom of the garden. Even tho I've just given up minding I think the fairies will still want to come and visit dd and I from their Magic Fairy Tree (round the corner on the way to school - ah! happy memories of mindees crowding round a tree listening for the fairies singing...sad thing is - I actually listen when I'm on my own:laughing: )

Enjoy willow weaving - its so relaxing and lovely when you've finished!xx

Ripeberry
27-02-2011, 05:43 PM
I've got a willow house and am starting a tunnel up the side of the garden - it will eventually go into "fairyland" at the bottom of the garden. Even tho I've just given up minding I think the fairies will still want to come and visit dd and I from their Magic Fairy Tree (round the corner on the way to school - ah! happy memories of mindees crowding round a tree listening for the fairies singing...sad thing is - I actually listen when I'm on my own:laughing: )

Thanks, I helped the local school a couple of years ago when they needed parents to help weave one for the school garden. It looks really good now :)

Flisspaps
27-02-2011, 05:46 PM
They look fab! We're in the middle of doing a total overhaul of the garden, I may well get one of these!

Carol M
27-02-2011, 06:06 PM
I've got a teeny weeny garden so I'm jealous, they are beautiful and what fun for the children.
Carol xx

Hebs
27-02-2011, 06:09 PM
my sons school have these and they look lovely but please be careful, a girl in my sons class tripped and impaled her eye :eek: it was very touch and go as to whether she'd lose her eye, was awful :(

school said "she should have been more careful!!!!

mushpea
27-02-2011, 06:39 PM
they look lovley but we have just blok paved all of our garden plus we have rabbits and im sure it would get eaten even if we did find room for one!

buildingblocks
27-02-2011, 07:40 PM

Will bring M one Saturday so I can visit fairyland with the fairy queen xx

Mcgons
27-02-2011, 09:56 PM
I think these are great :thumbsup:

I talked to someone last year at the TES exhibition in Manchester about these, might be tempted again now I've had a peek at the website!