PDA

View Full Version : one off childminding

kezza_l
27-02-2011, 08:51 AM
im thinking of offering one off childminding for 1, 2 hours every now and then, say for parent to go to gym or meeting etc. does anyone know if i am allowed to actually do this? i will obs get all the relevant information on child, emergency contacts and up front payment. any info or if theres anyone who does this aqlready and could give me some advice that would be great!:o thanks. kerrie

nokidshere
27-02-2011, 09:18 AM
im thinking of offering one off childminding for 1, 2 hours every now and then, say for parent to go to gym or meeting etc. does anyone know if i am allowed to actually do this? i will obs get all the relevant information on child, emergency contacts and up front payment. any info or if theres anyone who does this aqlready and could give me some advice that would be great!:o thanks. kerrie

Of course you are "allowed" - its your business, you can do what you like! As long as you are within your numbers and have relevant paperwork its simply the same as looking after any other child.

blue bear
27-02-2011, 10:06 AM
I have done this on many occasions, sometimes it can lead to a regular contract.

Mrs Pootle
27-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Go for it, as long as you have all the relevant paperwork/contact details it should be fine. :)
A friend of mine did this in the run up to Christmas. She overheard a conversation in the playground with some mums about trying to do their Christmas shopping with lo's in tow, and so offered to have then for a couple of hours. It worked really well for her as at the time all her mindees were afternoon or after school and so her mornings were free to take on the ad-hoc work.

shelly2012
27-02-2011, 10:14 AM
What hours would you put on the contract? As and when needed basis?