PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy your art and craft materials from?

Cazz
26-02-2011, 11:19 PM
I've been looking on the internet tonight for some things for Mothers Day and Easter.

I know of Baker Ross but nothing really struck me on there - are there any other websites that sell things at reasonable prices?

pinkbutterfly
26-02-2011, 11:29 PM
I use www.craftycrocodiles.co.uk . Poundland is good sometimes too.

jo.jo76
26-02-2011, 11:32 PM
Have you tried crafty crocodile, very similar to Baker Ross
http://www.craftycrocodiles.co.uk/

Mrs Pootle
27-02-2011, 07:01 AM
I always use crafty crocodilse on the internet, or if I'm in my local town I go to Boyes, they usually have a good stock at a good price.

Newbie1!
27-02-2011, 08:01 AM
How awesome is that website!!! Ive never heard of it before and now have just spent lots of pennies :blush: Ive ordered the coasters and tshirt keyrings and easter picture frames and...........oh the list goes on :) :)

JulieA
27-02-2011, 08:27 AM
We have a What! shop in Bristol, and I've recently discovered lots of treasures in there. Cheap natural baskets, craft materials of all descriptions, even some lovely balls which are transparent with glitter or coloured liquid in them, or flahing lights. Definately worth a look if you have one nearby.

SYLVIA
27-02-2011, 10:07 AM
We go to hobby craft for some, baker ross for other bits and partners/rymans or the pound shops too

shelly2012
27-02-2011, 10:12 AM
Our local poundland has some good arts n crafts activities or wilkos but I love the crafty crocodile. Thanks for sharing that xx

mrsmaggy
27-02-2011, 10:22 AM
I use home bargains, wilko's, the Works, pound shops :D

manjay
27-02-2011, 11:29 AM
My children love the foam stickers and I have never found anywhere as cheap as crafty crocodile. Orders usually arrive the next day too which is fab:thumbsup:

babs
27-02-2011, 04:11 PM
the pound shop and 99p shop have some good stuff in at the moment i also get from jtf warehouse... i got bonnets to decorate, eggs to decorate for egg hunt. animals masks to decorate 8 in pack .. easter chicks etc all 99p

magicminding
27-02-2011, 04:25 PM
another crafty crocodiles fan here too! service is amazing:)

I also go to a recycle resource centre for card and scrap materials

georgie456
28-02-2011, 01:45 PM
I also go to The Range - super cheap and lots of choice. I also use Crafty Crocodiles.

NI MINDER
05-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Had a look at crafty crocodiles and put some bits in the basket but when i went to check out and put in that I live in Northern Ireland postage went up to £6.90 :angry:

Chell
05-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Had a look at crafty crocodiles and put some bits in the basket but when i went to check out and put in that I live in Northern Ireland postage went up to £6.90 :angry:

I should email/phone them if I were you. From my experience their customer service is fab. It might be that they use a courier for some parcels rather than Royal Mail, perhaps the courier is dearer.

If you search the forum you'll find a money off code, I can't remember how many percent off but it helps cover some of the postage cost if you see what I mean.

Chell
05-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Crafty Crocodiles is better then Baker Ross in my opinion as some items you can order in the quantity that you want (and are cheaper). I find with Baker Ross you need to order maybe 4 or 6 of an item when I perhaps want less.

I get paint from ELC as I know it washes out (they give a discount for childminders).

I search Poundland, Home Bargains, etc for crafty bits. It is a good idea to plan ahead, in a few weeks time look for reduced Easter items in ELC and the supermarkets and stash them for next year.

I collect bits of papers and wrappings that I think the children might like for collages. You'll find a lot of printables online too. Crafty Crocodiles/Baker Ross sell things like printed cards and bookmarks but you can buy card and print them from ****** or similar sites.

NI MINDER
05-04-2011, 02:52 PM
I should email/phone them if I were you. From my experience their customer service is fab. It might be that they use a courier for some parcels rather than Royal Mail, perhaps the courier is dearer.

If you search the forum you'll find a money off code, I can't remember how many percent off but it helps cover some of the postage cost if you see what I mean.
Thanks Chell - will put an order together later and see total cost then email!

amanda1309
05-04-2011, 06:33 PM
I use home bargains, wilko's, the Works, pound shops :D

I use these too and also ASDA, TESCO and wherever we may pop into:laughing:

Toothfairy
06-04-2011, 07:38 AM
I get mine all over the place;

£1 shops
Asda
Hobbycraft
Baker Ross
Crafty crocodiles

Anywhere I spot a bargin :thumbsup:

donnam
06-04-2011, 09:31 AM
I found out about crafty crocodiles from the forum i have found it really cheap so went mad and ordered loads far better than baker ross (expensive),I also look in my local home bargains store.