PDA

View Full Version : Toys..what can't you be without

linzi133
26-02-2011, 06:53 PM
I need some help. I have recently signed 3 schools, so I need to invest in some toys for them as I have only had EYFS up to now.

So my question is........what toys do you suggest I buy? What could you not be without. :cool:
(the children in question are 6 & 8 and all boys)

Tiger Lilly
26-02-2011, 06:56 PM
LEGO they all love it, girls and boys.x:clapping:

Baildon bears
26-02-2011, 06:58 PM
My boys love hot wheels trick tracks.

linzi133
Lego is on my wish list....I've managed to pick up a box tonight at asda for £7.13......a bargain I think as it was supposed to be £30. I need more but it is a start, but it is sooo expensive. (so if anyone spots any bargains!)

avril
Twins I use to look after aged 7yrs loved blow football which is in Home and Bargain at the moment for 1.99 and a big supply of straws!!!!:D

Games, cards, uno, lego, drawing.

They loved to do most things but enjoyed learning something new. Another childminder I know taught the boys she cared for to knit and make marzipan flowers :D

lma
26-02-2011, 07:04 PM
I find that all my school age children love the lego, the playdoh, the train set and for some reason all my schoolies seem to absolutely love my dressing up area. So much so that I have had to actually increase the amount to dressing up stuff I have as I've gotten more schoolies (I now have 5) note though they're all boys and they seem to love the high heels and mobiles. I remember a certain dad not impressed when he came to collect his 6 yr old. I just smuggly smile :blush: as I think its cute lol :littleangel:

wendywu
26-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Duplo

Farm Animals and Dinosaurs.

Dolls House and Furniture

Dressing up

Toy Kitchen and food and tea set.

mama2three
26-02-2011, 07:23 PM
junk modelling
knex
dinosaurs
den building

mufftie
26-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Knex definitely for the boys

Monkey26
26-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Playing with the EYFS toys!!! Seriously my schoolies love getting down and mucking in with the little ones :) I have a marble run, lego, connect 4, guess who, braclet making kits etc etc but they are often left on the shelf... :D In the holidays they do get a bit more bored of the little ones which is when their 'older children shelf' gets some more use, which makes my clear outs harder LOL :rolleyes: xx

linzi133
26-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Wow....my shopping list is growing!

Jojo....so far they have enjoyed playing with the eyfs stuff but thru the hols they did start to get a little bored so I am thinking ahead for the easter hols. I have 2 of the boys for 12 hours a day and if i let them they would watch tv all day. And I'm trying to avoid them playing on games consoles as that is all they do at home.

Mrs Pootle
26-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Mine love board games and "operation", "buckaroo", and "downfall". We've also made stuff with hama beads, and tried out origami.

button68
26-02-2011, 10:07 PM
I don't do schoolies but my own DD (7) loves Guess Who.

AnnieM
26-02-2011, 10:46 PM
I bought a book on making paper airplanes from aldi, my older ones love doing that and can make sooooooo....... many in one day! :laughing: they also love knex, board games, meccano, military figures, crafts, den building, football etc. :thumbsup:

linzi133
27-02-2011, 07:59 AM
I was wondering about board games!

Oooh... I need to go shopping NOW! :laughing:

singlewiththree
27-02-2011, 08:04 AM
I got a table football from a charity shop and that goes down well.

As for board games I find my boys don't really want to sit and play having been sat at school all day, that is apart from the computer games. Luckily they want to go on the educational game mathletics!

linzi133
01-03-2011, 07:13 AM
Yep my boys are game console mad......even one of the 3 yr old! I only let them on the console as a special treat and thru the hols as the older one would be on there all the time!

Anyone know where the best place is to buy Lego? I only have a smallish box and want to get some more

Chell
01-03-2011, 08:11 AM
Hama Beads - www.craftmerrily.co.uk has 15% off them and if you search there is a discount code for forum members.

Dressing up things are well used here and also the toy kitchen. The older oes like the open/closed signs that I've printed and laminated, pizza takeaway menus, etc to support their role playing.