PDA

View Full Version : Nappy changing

Fraggle1
26-02-2011, 02:23 PM
Hello everyone!

Can I just check, If I go somewhere were I think the toilets are horrid (park etc...) and mindee needs a bottom change, with my own I've got an estate car and lay a blanket down with the change mat and change there bums there, then I use gel for my hands. Is it ok to do this with a mindee or would I need permission for this? My own thought is that I would say my car was safter than going into some of the bloomin awful public toilets they have at some big parks.

Thanks for any advice. x

singlewiththree
26-02-2011, 02:28 PM
If its wrong then I'm in the wrong too. I took mindee to Chatsworth on Thursday and on the way back we stopped off to stretch our legs and mindee pooed and there were no toilets in the vicinity so I changed her in the car, gel, nappy bag etc. I would thought it is acceptable afterall its better to have a clean nappy.

Vickster
26-02-2011, 02:29 PM
I think that is completely acceptable.

Fraggle1
26-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Thats great! I thought it would be, if it's good enough for my children who mean everything to me then it should be good enough for mindee who I care for alot. I think as long as it's private and the mindee is safe like you say, better to have a nice clean botty ! :) x

mufftie
26-02-2011, 02:37 PM
I agree I would along as it kept descreet and the child dignity is intact :thumbsup:

rickysmiths
26-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Well if it isn't I'm in trouble! I have often changed a nappy by laying a child on the changing mat in my boot.

It is even included in the general risk assessment for my car.

birch24
26-02-2011, 03:06 PM
I think we have all done that, every parent in the country must do it.
Its sometimes easier than having to traipse around looking for public loo's. Especially on picnic's etc.:D

caz3007
26-02-2011, 03:20 PM
We have done it too and when my DS was little he had a potty in the back of the car and had a wee if necessary. You just do whats best for the child and being clean is whats important

Chimps Childminding
26-02-2011, 11:06 PM
I do that too!! Easier especially if you have more than one child with you at the time!! Leave others strapped into car seats and change whoever needs changing. Nothing worse than trying to get into a small changing cubicle (if there is a separate one) with 2 or 3 mindees :panic: and keeping an eye on them all whilst changing one :eek:

babs
27-02-2011, 04:19 PM
we went to the farm this week and were about 20 minutes round and lo had pooed cus hes teething it a little runny and if i had not changed him within a couple of minutes it would of been out the nappy, i got everything ready found a quite spot and changed him in buggy with it lying flat double bagged nappy and then waited till we found a bin, anti-bac my hands and his ... glad i did cus 4 yr old wanted toilet later and i was disgusted with them i wouldn't have weed there but little had to go so wiped toilet first and made sure she didn't touch anything just glad i took paper with me...