PDA

View Full Version : Your typical day childminding..?

Leelee
26-02-2011, 07:43 AM
I registered last year and have yet to start up as had another baby. Was just wondering what a typical day is like, what's your routine and how do you keep organised?

mama2three
26-02-2011, 08:00 AM
Organised , whats that?:rolleyes:

Your routine will vary consideably depending which children you have. Once you have factored in things like school / nursery drop offs and pick ups , sleep times , meal times in then add in any sessions that work for your children , such as toddler groups - the structure of your day is formed and you then fill in with your chosen activities.
I tend to go out most mornings , to the parks and forest , or to a group , the library etc. Then the afternoon we have for messy play / free play / activities etc at home. After the school run we have snack / craft etc . I try not to be over structured , much happier to go with the flow!

Good Luck x

miffy
26-02-2011, 08:05 AM
Like mama2three says your day will depend on the children you've got.

Atm I spend the mornings ferrying children to school and playgroup with little time in between before I'm back doing the late morning collections. I like the holidays when I don't have to do this and we seem to have much more time to do as we wish.

Miffy xx

Newbie1!
26-02-2011, 09:06 AM
Organised , whats that?:rolleyes:

OMG - Kath how can you say that - you are proper organised!! ;) I was wondering whether you rented yourself out for weekends so you could come and sort me out :laughing:

Back to the post - this is something I get really stressed about as some days all I seem to be doing is taxi-ing and feel sorry for some that are with me longer and have to do the school runs etc. It so depends on what lo's you have tho as I have just lost two of mine that are at a different school so luckily thats one less school trip to make :thumbsup:

Im fairly new and am still trying to find my feet but now I know what business I have got and what lo's come and when I am going to sit down and do a weekly plan and then a daily plan - this is going to help me with my menu too as I know that X doesnt like Beans, so on X's day no beans!! I know it prob sounds daft but I think thats going to be the easiest way for me. I need to have everything written down so I know what Im doing or I totally lose my marbles!!! xx

mama2three
26-02-2011, 09:08 AM
Bless you , thanks , but wait til you know me then you'll not be saying so!

Vickster
26-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Totally depends on who you have, babies or younger ones can structure your day more as does school/nursery runs. I tend to head out in the morning too after school drop off to park/swimming/groups etc, then lunch then nursery drop off then sleeps then school pick up then play then dinner. I don't plan too many activities just provide resources that the children are interested in and they can develop with. Roll on warmer weather that is what I say. Longer spells outside, gardening etc. Fun, fun, fun!!!

mufftie
26-02-2011, 02:34 PM
I agree the days vary but typically I start the day at 6:30 when my first 2 mindees arrive then its get my own kids up and ready for school , a fee more mindees arrive after 7:30 ready to be taken to school or nursery at 8:30 I've then got 2.5 hrs to entertain the younger ones before pick up at 11 , 12 o'clock is lunch time then I usually put a craft activity out for afternoon then it's pick up time again at 3 home at 4 when it's free play until they go home

mushpea
26-02-2011, 08:05 PM
my days consist of
children arriving between 7.30am and 8.30am
school runs to two schools
then either a toddler group or meet up with another childminder for activites weve planned
snack at 10am
free play
lunch at 12pm
child goes at 1pm
planned activity and free play
then school pickups to the two schools
snack at 3.30pm
then free play till home time the latest being 5.30pm

free play can consisit of either them playing together or them choosing to do stuff like crafts, beads, cooking etc.

nokidshere
26-02-2011, 11:16 PM
Schoolies only, my day consists of...

Dropping my own son to school
go home, have my breakfast in peace :D
Chill
Chill some more
prepare dinner
3:15 Collect mindees
3:30 - 4:45 Free play
4:45 clear up and get ready for dinner
5pm Dinner