PDA

View Full Version : EYFS pack may 2008

Kezzle
25-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Hello,

I've been asked to get a copy of this, but the DfEs doesn't have a hard copy any more. Does anyone have one they no longer need? If so how much would you charge for it?

Thanks

Kerrie

PS i already have downloaded it, but i've been asked to bring a hard copy to go through.

rickysmiths
25-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Hello,

I've been asked to get a copy of this, but the DfEs doesn't have a hard copy any more. Does anyone have one they no longer need? If so how much would you charge for it?

Thanks

Kerrie

PS i already have downloaded it, but i've been asked to bring a hard copy to
go through.

It is illegal for anyone to charge for it as it was a free Govenment Document. A few people were pulled from Ebay for trying to sell them for huge amounts of money. Don't pay any more than reasonable postage costs.

It might be worth asking the manager of your local Childrens Centre, ours found a box full a few weeks ago when someone was asking at a network meeting. The manager said she had wondered what they were :rolleyes:

If you are only just registered who has asked you to provide a hard copy? They haven't been available for about a year now and that is well known. No new cms will have them.

Kezzle
26-02-2011, 01:36 PM
It is illegal for anyone to charge for it as it was a free Govenment Document. A few people were pulled from Ebay for trying to sell them for huge amounts of money. Don't pay any more than reasonable postage costs.

It might be worth asking the manager of your local Childrens Centre, ours found a box full a few weeks ago when someone was asking at a network meeting. The manager said she had wondered what they were :rolleyes:

If you are only just registered who has asked you to provide a hard copy? They haven't been available for about a year now and that is well known. No new cms will have them.

I thought it might have been! (illegal) I emailed the Dfes about where to claim one as i didnt want to pay £20 + off ebay i also said to them there seems to be some people selling more than one copy. I found it incredibly cheeky that they could sell for a huge profit on there when they were offered free and some people really need them.

My local authority told me to obtain a copy and bring it to my briefing session. :/ I can't afford to print the whole thing out!

sarah707
26-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Download a copy onto your laptop and take your laptop to the briefing session :idea:

Good luck! :D

rickysmiths
26-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Download a copy onto your laptop and take your laptop to the briefing session :idea:

Good idea Sarah How on earth are these people expected to get cpoies of a document that is no longer available. Maybe they should be printing them off for all new childminders until a new document is published.

Kezzle
26-02-2011, 02:57 PM

Good idea! The battery is pretty rubbish on my laptop though it'd last about half an hour before dying without the power cord. :rolleyes:

rickysmiths
26-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Good idea! The battery is pretty rubbish on my laptop though it'd last about half an hour before dying without the power cord. :rolleyes:

Take the power cord with you and an extention lead, you should be able to plug it in somewhere.

lfishwick
26-02-2011, 03:32 PM
I also plan to do this with my course next week.We were told to bring hard copies as well, but I do not want to have to print it all out as it is a total waste of paper as I will always use it on my laptop!

mrs_scottydog
26-02-2011, 03:42 PM
It annoys me that there are so many publications that we are asked to get hold off when they have been out of print for so long. I was lucky that when I needed one they were still being printed but have been on other courses since and not been able to get them.
Hope you manage to find one soon. Hx

Kezzle
06-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Still not managed to find one and totally refuse to buy off ebay because it's daylight robbery when they were free, i don't understand why people think it's ok to charge for them, also ebay have done nothing about it.

Got my briefing session tomorrow. If they question why i don't have a copy i'll just ask them if they'd like to spend £30 on printer ink for it.

Blaze
06-03-2011, 07:05 PM
The bottom line is that they have one & others need one, as long as the listing mentions that you can download it for free then it's not illegal to sell as they are no longer in print. It's completely mad that so many publications that are needed are no longer available (I was on a course that was based pretty much entirely around on a National stratergies publication that you can no longer get on saturday)!:rolleyes: But until the Government stop faffing about & decide what's going on wth Early Years it's seen as a waste!

flowerpots
06-03-2011, 07:12 PM
i dont know why you need it for your icp, i was only told about it at the beginning of mine and it didnt arrive until the end, surely they have copies for the class to share and look at if they are teaching from it:rolleyes:

Kezzle
08-03-2011, 09:25 PM
They had their own copies but didn't share these around for us to look at. Instead they gave a cd out to us with it all on and some other bits and bobs. It's not very well organised in my opinion, only stumbled across a load of extras by chance.

"The bottom line is that they have one & others need one, as long as the listing mentions that you can download it for free then it's not illegal to sell as they are no longer in print."

None of the listings mention this.

From what i gather the only reason it's stopped being published is because of the review of the EYFS and then a new one or results will be available sometime can't remember if they said by the end of this year or next. So i don't know why they don't keep the current one untill then, especially when people tell you you need them.

The briefing session was quite basic and didn't tell me anything i didn't already know from the wonderfully helpfull people on here! Hoping the next one will be more informative so i can get going on the ICP and things. Although what i find odd is they suggest doing first aid right at the begining before anything else... but then that means you could have wasted nearly a year of it before you get mindee's. :/

JaneinDownend
28-04-2011, 10:45 PM
I started my IHCC on Tuesday and was told I would need a hard copy - may well take my laptop - even printing it out itns't as good as having the original hard copy ... and as for the cost of ink etc. Should really be included as part of the course paperwork/documentation.

mayberry
29-04-2011, 05:05 AM
http://www.education.gov.uk/publications/eOrderingDownload/eyfs_practiceguid_0026608.pdf

http://www.education.gov.uk/publications/eOrderingDownload/eyfs_res_stat_frmwrk.pdf

http://www.education.gov.uk/publications/eOrderingDownload/eyfs_poster_0001207.pdf

http://www.education.gov.uk/publications/eOrderingDownload/eyfs_cards_0001207.pdf

might not have read this properly

Dawn x

Kezzle
01-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Thanks for everyones help i think i have sourced myself a hard copy now thanks to a lovely member of this forum :)

lisa b
12-06-2011, 07:04 PM
thank goodness i kept mine, they are like gold dust now!!! lol