PDA

View Full Version : Parent visits - what do you give?

rainbowsplash
25-02-2011, 08:56 PM
I have just registered and I am trying to get a portfolio together to show potential mindees parents, what do you all include in yours? I have my paperwork sorted but just wanted something on a smaller scale so not to overwhelm anyone.

Any advice would be appreciated please

Thanks

rickysmiths
25-02-2011, 09:49 PM
I have :

A copy of my Ofsted Report
A Copy of my Reg Cert
A Copy of my Pub Lib Cert
A blank Contract
All my Policies/Emergency Procedure/Complaints Procedure
Blank Child Info form
Blank copy of Permissions and Policies signing sheet
List of References with phone numbers (with the permission of the people included)
Example of a weeks menus
Example of a typical day/week routine
There is also a brief explanation that my car is suitably insured, about my dh being reg as my assistant and the advantages of that to them, that I belong to a childminding group and the advantages to the parent of this. And other bits and bobs about my service and setting.

I also have a photo album with photos going back to my first mindee 16 years ago which show the wide range of activities we do and the kind of places we go.

I have done a mock up of a Learning Journal to give parents an idea of how they are done because of course you can't show them an actual one and I found it hard to describe all the time.

balijay
25-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Hi

I give a slim folder with the following..

A brief info page about me & my family
My terms and conditions
A sheet outlining a typical day
A sheet on the benefits of using a childminder
a-z of policies & procedures
Any other info (Holidays, sickness, settling in etc..)
EYFS info sheet
Ofsted parents poster

My portfolio holds things like my training certs, 1st aid cert, thankyou cards from parents, Ofsted report, NCMA ins cert.

Hope that helps :)

miffy
25-02-2011, 09:56 PM
More or less the same as RS.

I also have my price list in there and give parents a copy to take away with them.

I also have a mock-up lj to show them but more often I ask an existing parents permission to show their childs lj.

Miffy xx

rainbowsplash
26-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Thank you everyone, there's so much paperwork it gets a little confusing sometimes as to what we really need to show, and what goes where!

xx

jojos2011
26-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Hi i give new parents
Copy of policy and procedures
blank contract
copy of ofsted report
copy of insurance
Book little about me for me to get to know child if thy decide tocome to me
informantion book containing info about me and my family

hope it goes well for you all xxx