PDA

View Full Version : parents and royal wedding

Andrea08
25-02-2011, 01:40 PM
hi, so its a bank holiday do i need to write to parents to say im closed etc

one parents said she not bothering and doing her college work but if every1 else is closed i want the day off too and i want to watch it on TV

so what are we doing and should we do a letter or note in news letter etc

thanks andie
x

caz3007
25-02-2011, 02:05 PM
I am clear that I dont work bank holidays when they first visit. I do remind one family as they both work in retail and bank holidays are just another working day to them. Although I am doing a newsletter over the weekend, so may just list the dates for all parents

rickysmiths
25-02-2011, 02:07 PM
It is a proper official Bank Holiday. Government anounced it soon after their engagment.

I am always available to work on Bank Holidays but for a high fee!! Hve only worked one in 16yrs :laughing: but I was paid £150 so it was worth it.

Andrea08
25-02-2011, 02:10 PM
ri thanks think ill just add it under dates in the news letter ... i did have a family turn up while i was still in bed on a bank holiday :blush:

georgie456
25-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Thankfully mine are all off!

Mrs Pootle
25-02-2011, 03:35 PM
I'm closed at it falls in the school hols & I only work term time. My own children & I are going to make fancy hats & jewellry and sit in our party frocks to watch it on tv :D

venus89
25-02-2011, 03:46 PM
It is a proper official Bank Holiday. Government anounced it soon after their engagment.

I am always available to work on Bank Holidays but for a high fee!! Hve only worked one in 16yrs :laughing: but I was paid £150 so it was worth it.

ooohhhhh..... I like the sound of that :thumbsup:

So I was wondering this morning - I charge for bank hols if I don't work, normal fee, and time and a half if I do work. I didn't used to and found I was missing out, especially in April with all those bank holidays. What if the parents said they wanted to take a Bank Holiday as holiday?