PDA

View Full Version : Giving notice

Debbieanne
25-02-2011, 01:05 PM
What can we do when a parent hands you a letter stating she is giving 4 weeks notice, then you don't see or hear from them again?

rickysmiths
25-02-2011, 01:17 PM
I don't understand?

You mean they came to collect their child/dhilren you were caring for, handed you the notice letter out of the blue and you haven't seen them since?

Sounds a little odd. Have they paid you for the 4 weeks? Were there any issues around the care of the child/children that you were aware of?

Have you been to their house, have they moved, been made redundant?

If they have given 4 weeks notice and not paid as per your contract then I would write a letter with an invoice and go to their house, knock on the door,give it to them and ask if I could have a chat to see if there was anything I had done or to express my sadness if their circumstances had changed.

I usually do a small photo album as a keepsake for a leaver so if relations had been ok with them I would prob do the album and take it with me with LJ etc.

Good luck. Let us know what has happened.

Pipsqueak
25-02-2011, 01:24 PM
There really isn't much you can do.

If they have left owing you money. You write to the requesting the outstanding amout by xx date.

If no reply you instigate legal proceedings.

Debbieanne
25-02-2011, 02:48 PM
The whole story.
Mum rang for out of school child care, child goes to school i collect from and already has a minder who is cutting her hours.so need a new minder.
we arrange for mum and 9yr old to visit. very pleased with what i offer, so signed contract last october. single mum, house already on market as they want to move to other side of town. after xmas sells the house and move to other side of town.
Mindee is very happy coming to me and has made me some lovely art work telling me so, so i know they are happy with coming.
Last friday morning mum drops mindee off in the morning and hands me this letter saying mindee is moving schools and is giving me 4 weeks notice, thankyou for looking after her child she has enjoyed coming.
She usually pays me via care4 but nothing has gone over this week.( i took this week off)

Zoomie
25-02-2011, 02:52 PM
sounds like mum might be aware of the process, as she moved from the other cm.

when do they normally pay you by.

if no payment has been recieved by then, or they usually initiate payment after you have produced an invoice, i would issue an invoice and then take it from there.

Assume you know new address etc ??

rickysmiths
25-02-2011, 03:05 PM
The whole story.
Mum rang for out of school child care, child goes to school i collect from and already has a minder who is cutting her hours.so need a new minder.
we arrange for mum and 9yr old to visit. very pleased with what i offer, so signed contract last october. single mum, house already on market as they want to move to other side of town. after xmas sells the house and move to other side of town.
Mindee is very happy coming to me and has made me some lovely art work telling me so, so i know they are happy with coming.
Last friday morning mum drops mindee off in the morning and hands me this letter saying mindee is moving schools and is giving me 4 weeks notice, thankyou for looking after her child she has enjoyed coming.
She usually pays me via care4 but nothing has gone over this week.( i took this week off)

Right so no problems then all perfectly understandable.

Care 2 learn!!! The chances are that she will be on Half Term this week so unless you claim half fees for holidays you won't be paid for this week. However you should have already been paid for Feb at the end of Jan and today my money for all of March from Care 2 |Learn has gone in my bank and I have had a Statement of Payments in the post this morning.

If you haven't been paid then phone Care 2 Learn and find out why.

They didn't pay me for Jan on time because they said they hadn't had the attendence record from the college, I rang the college and they had sent it in plenty of time so they phoned c2l this was all last Fri and I was paid for Feb on Monday by a special payment because I created hell :laughing: :laughing:

I would imagine that as you have a contract in place and you have a four week notice period you should be paid for the next 4 weeks and I would personally get on the phone to them and explain this student will be leaving you on x date so when she applies for another cm they will not pay them and cut yoou off too early.

Debbieanne
25-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Care 4 she uses. payments for childcare are asked for on fridays the week before childcare commences and i bank saturdays ( late payments incur £5 a day charge) my parents are all aware of this.
I would say this no payment indicates she's not coming back.
I have been closed this week for the half term holiday
No payment was recieved last friday for the week after half term holidays childcare, and ive not heard from her today for next week.
I DONT THINK SHES COMING BACK. THEN WHY WRITE STATING SHE IS GIVING ME 4 WEEK NOTICE. GGGRRRR

crazyhazy
25-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Have you tried to contact her? I don;t think you can assume anything until you have spoken to her, why would she have bothered giving notice if she wasn't coming back, would have been easier for her just to not come back. I'd call her, not text! and just explain you've noit rec'd payment for next week and is everything ok.

rickysmiths
25-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Care 4 she uses. payments for childcare are asked for on fridays the week before childcare commences and i bank saturdays ( late payments incur £5 a day charge) my parents are all aware of this.
I would say this no payment indicates she's not coming back.
I have been closed this week for the half term holiday
No payment was recieved last friday for the week after half term holidays childcare, and ive not heard from her today for next week.
I DONT THINK SHES COMING BACK. THEN WHY WRITE STATING SHE IS GIVING ME 4 WEEK NOTICE. GGGRRRR

Sorry I misread the Care4 :blush:

Debbieanne
25-02-2011, 11:01 PM
yes i think your right crazyhazy, i need to contact her and ask if everything is alright.
I'll let you know what happens. thanks for all the replies.