PDA

View Full Version : sibling rates

Ava's Nana
25-02-2011, 09:15 AM
hi...just wondered how many of you offer a discount for siblings and how much? i dont offer them at the moment but feel i may have to if thats what eveyone else does lol. i'm in the middlesex area and not sure what other cm do around here.

muffins
25-02-2011, 09:27 AM
I've never offered them in the past but have a lady interested for her 2 children for 10hrs on a Sat. I charge £6 per hr on a sat so she would be looking at £12 per hr! I have offered to do it for £10per hr, but if was for a week day I wouldn't have given her a discount!

nokidshere
25-02-2011, 09:27 AM
I don't offer a sibling discount. Two children is twice the food, twice the work and twice the resources. I have 4 lots of siblings and have never had any complaints even though most of the minders here give a discount.

Pipsqueak
25-02-2011, 09:29 AM
If it was three plus children yes I would consider discount - slightly. I used to offer discount but don't anymore or I ensure I explain my rates in such a way as that I am offering them a great deal

minkzebell
25-02-2011, 01:08 PM
I offered a sibling discount when I first started minding..... wished I hadn't as previous post says, twice the food twice the resources, with hindsight I wouldn't offer it again

AliceK
25-02-2011, 01:16 PM
I don't offer a sibling discount. Two children is twice the food, twice the work and twice the resources. I have 4 lots of siblings and have never had any complaints even though most of the minders here give a discount.

Agree. Same here. I was asked once and explained why and mum was fine with it.

xxxx

Mrs Pootle
25-02-2011, 03:49 PM
I don't offer a sibling discount, as others have said they are individuals and both need food, resources etc and you will need to complete paperwork for them both.

georgie456
25-02-2011, 04:12 PM

Agreed. I dont offer a discount.

jane5
25-02-2011, 04:22 PM
I offer a discount but I think I am going to stop.

I offer 10% of the older siblings bill not the whole bill, so if I have a full time and an after school siblings I offer 10% of the schoolies bill iyswim

Rmead
25-02-2011, 04:44 PM
I offer 10% too for the sibling who is only with me half days of the month's bill. Quite a few CM seem to here and as I am starting up I wanted to get the interest. Now I've filled my places not sure if I'll stick with that for future children.

xdirtydancerx
25-02-2011, 04:47 PM
I charge 50p an hour less if theres more than one child per family. But I did once have a cheeky parent say if she signed up her 3 children would that work out at £3.50 child 1, £3.00 child 2 and £2.50 child 3? I said no it would work out at £9.50 per hour - needless to say, she went elsewhere :rolleyes:

mushpea
25-02-2011, 07:38 PM
I dont offer a discount firstly because each child is treated as an indivdual and i charge to reflect this and secondly,,, if 2 children came two you from different familes wouldyou give one a discount and if so which one? is it fair that you give a sibbling discount and not a discount to ttwo different children?
I have 3 children from the same family and I never offered a discount nor was I asked if I would do one and they are more than happy,, it started of as a years contract whilst mum went to collage and they are now in their 3rd year with talk of a possible 4 more years!

mufftie
25-02-2011, 08:56 PM
I offer a discount but I think I am going to stop.

Me too I agree totally with the others that it's far too much work , I don't like taking on siblings anyway as they tend to play up together and I've lost a lot of money due to giving a discount

amanda1309
25-02-2011, 10:35 PM
I used to offer a discount but don't any more. :blush:

Ava's Nana
26-02-2011, 11:08 AM
thanks everyone...the reason i ask is i currently have two siblings after school mon-fri n charge £4 per child per hour, no discounts. i have the third sibling (13yrs) only in school hols 7hrs per day mon-fri, up til now ive not charged a penny for her :eek: (another thread) but this needs to change, but dont know if i should be offering £3 per hour for this one, but looks like most of you would still charge full price...oh dear dont know what to do for the best :(