PDA

View Full Version : transporting stuff on days out

mushpea
25-02-2011, 08:39 AM
I can have up to 8 children on any day in the holidays,, I only have a puschair 2 of these days to put all our gear on and its getting loaded down and on the other days I use a 'granny' trolleybag but again its over flowing,, do you think its wrong that i ask parents to send their childrens stuff in a rucksack so they can carry their own lunch and drink? The littlys i have in the week bring a little rucksack in with wipes, nappies and their drinks and they love to carry them so was thinking the older ones could do the same ,
how do you transport all your equipment on days out?

mama2three
25-02-2011, 08:54 AM
I think its perfectly acceptable to get them to carry their own! Ive told parents that after half term I wont be using the double buggy for schoolruns which will mean they need to carry what they bring.

FussyElmo
25-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Mine carry their bags :)

caz3007
25-02-2011, 09:17 AM
Perfectly acceptable. I saw some funky old ladies trolleys in town yesterday. Think I may have to get one for taking things on days out. Even when we go on holiday, we always end up with so much stuff, ie raincoats, picnics etc

miss mopple
25-02-2011, 09:38 AM
I make all mine carry their own stuff on trips out and school runs etc. I refuse to be their bag lady :)

sillysausage
25-02-2011, 02:40 PM
I'm with Miss Mopple.....I'm too young to be a bag lady lol!

Andrea08
25-02-2011, 02:44 PM
each of my mindees have a rucksack i get cheap from B&M's and they carry own nappies/wipes change of clothes etc so when we go out they have their own bags and i have the babies and the pk lunch stuff.. its cute to see them walking hand in hand with their little bags and some are just walkers too

Blaze
25-02-2011, 02:54 PM
As above they all carry their own stuff (apart from the really little Lo's - I carry their things)...Nursery's & Schools do the same...can you imagine a class reception year kid's & their Teacher & TA's lugging their stuff - i think not LOL!