PDA

View Full Version : Childminder Public Liability Insurance

cristinatuscanu
24-02-2011, 10:13 PM
I just received my certificate and i thank you all one more time for all the support but now i have another question:when it's best to by the insurance?I know we can't start childminding without it but let's say i buy it today and i find my first mindee 2 months later.a waste of money really:o What do you suggest?

sarah707
25-02-2011, 07:47 AM
I would wait until a parent is signing contracts and ask them to email a copy to you.

Good luck! :D

cristinatuscanu
25-02-2011, 08:44 AM
thank you Sarah,i'll do that:)

newbie1512
25-02-2011, 09:01 AM
hi ladies

Is there an average cost for liability insurance? Im not sure where to start looking

Kel x

kim-d
25-02-2011, 09:37 AM
I have shopped around and the cheapest is morton michel at £41.00 for the year. ncma is £21 or £23.00 but you have to join first which is about £80.00ish so it all depends what your budjet is. Have a look on both website and then decide.
Kim :thumbsup:

rickysmiths
25-02-2011, 02:32 PM
I have shopped around and the cheapest is morton michel at £41.00 for the year. ncma is £21 or £23.00 but you have to join first which is about £80.00ish so it all depends what your budjet is. Have a look on both website and then decide.
Kim :thumbsup:

To be fair comparing MM with NCMA is actually like comparing Apples and Pears.

MM is an Insurance broker with no interest in Childminders apart from making a profit from selling them insurance and as a side they do sell paperwork as well.

NCMA is a Chairity which represents childminders interests in all sorts of areas, lobbying government, they got our registration fee with Ofsted held at a low level, £35 instead of the £100+ they wanted to put it up to. Through their Regional Forums to which all members can go we have a change to voice our opinions and concerns and actually effect change.
As a member of NCMA you can purchase very cheap Pub Libility Insurance as a perk. Als many other things incl online training, discounts in High Street stores, discounted paperwork the list goes on.

sarah707
25-02-2011, 03:18 PM
There are a lot of extra benefits with Morton Michel insurance as well Ricky! :thumbsup:

You get dedicated helplines, a free childcare club, monthly prize draws, monthly Child Carer e-newsletter written by a guy who used to write for Nursery World magazine, Creative Minds digital magazine emailed every month, some very good EYFS Training Guides and a booklet full of discounts to theme parks, childcare magazines and other childcare industry products.

Here's the link to give you more information - http://www.*****************/ChildMinder/.

And of course you can still be an NCMA member if you wish to buy your insurance from MM. :D

rickysmiths
25-02-2011, 07:26 PM
There are a lot of extra benefits with Morton Michel insurance as well Ricky! :thumbsup:

You get dedicated helplines, a free childcare club, monthly prize draws, monthly Child Carer e-newsletter written by a guy who used to write for Nursery World magazine, Creative Minds digital magazine emailed every month, some very good EYFS Training Guides and a booklet full of discounts to theme parks, childcare magazines and other childcare industry products.

Here's the link to give you more information - http://www.*****************/ChildMinder/.

And of course you can still be an NCMA member if you wish to buy your insurance from MM. :D

Touche! Yes they are all publications though and they don't work for the cause of childminding the way NCMA do.

Rmead
26-02-2011, 11:59 AM
I've chosen MM after reading the posts on this forum but am still a member of the NCMA too. If you buy contracts from MM (although for MM insurance I don't think have to have their ones) you need to get their insurance to order them cheaper. I waited until my parent gave a deposit to secure place then ordered both. Although be wary with contract ordering - still waiting for mine 3 weeks later and my mindees start Tuesday!

jojos2011
26-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Hi i have MM insuranc and was thinking of joining NCMA at renewal time so have valued the comment on here thanks