PDA

View Full Version : Have I forgotten anything?!

MrsD
24-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm Kirsty, I live in Leeds and I am going through the process of registration at the moment. I am trying to get all my paperwork sorted and this is what I have done so far:
Policies:
Safeguarding Children
Behaviour Management
Complaints
Equal Opportunities
Late Collection
Lost Children
Medications
Sickness/Infectious Children
Working in Partnership with Parents
Transporting Children
Emergency Evacuation Procedure and Floorplan

I was also thinking of doing a food/drink policy and a confidentiality policy. Is there any policy that you think I'd really NEED that I haven't included here? I started typing a health and safety policy then decided against it as it would have been about 5 pages long as health and safety can encompass so much!

Also regarding parental permissions, I've thought of permission to give emergency treatment, permission to transport children, permission to take children on outings. . . . is there anything else?!

When a parent signs up I will need from them - a signed contract, a signed form to say they agree with all my policies, signed parental permission forms, a child record form . . . . is this everything?

I really hope someone can help! 'm trying to be thorough but the more I think of the more work I am generating. I can't help feeling like I could go on forever with the policies!

Thanks in advance,

Kirsty

donnam
25-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm Kirsty, I live in Leeds and I am going through the process of registration at the moment. I am trying to get all my paperwork sorted and this is what I have done so far:
Policies:
Safeguarding Children
Behaviour Management
Complaints
Equal Opportunities
Late Collection
Lost Children
Medications
Sickness/Infectious Children
Working in Partnership with Parents
Transporting Children
Emergency Evacuation Procedure and Floorplan

I was also thinking of doing a food/drink policy and a confidentiality policy. Is there any policy that you think I'd really NEED that I haven't included here? I started typing a health and safety policy then decided against it as it would have been about 5 pages long as health and safety can encompass so much!

Also regarding parental permissions, I've thought of permission to give emergency treatment, permission to transport children, permission to take children on outings. . . . is there anything else?!

When a parent signs up I will need from them - a signed contract, a signed form to say they agree with all my policies, signed parental permission forms, a child record form . . . . is this everything?

I really hope someone can help! 'm trying to be thorough but the more I think of the more work I am generating. I can't help feeling like I could go on forever with the policies!

Thanks in advance,

Kirsty

Hi if you have a look on BCMC website ther are lots of ideas for policies,as for signed consent i have consent for photos,observations i agree you can go on forever but it is better to play safe.Good luck

jojos2011
26-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Hi I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE THE BCMA SITE IT SO HELPFULL :clapping: