PDA

View Full Version : knew it was going too well!

crazyhazy
24-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Everything was all sorted, my schoolies and a 4y old finished beginning of the month, all set for my new baby starting 1st march. Had her here for settling session last week and again yesterday all great. Her dad came to see me this afternoon to say he was really sorry but she wouldn't be coming afterall :( They'll pay my 4 weeks notice and it's nothing I've done but mum has been signed off work with post natal depression and while she should be going back, her dr has advised against it so they don't want to mess me around any longer.

I am absolutely gutted, she's a gorgeous little girl and they seem very nice, have known them a year now and had her signed up since last june! Really didn't see this coming and am now panicing about filling the space in the next 4 weeks or we will be completely screwed financially too.

berkschick
24-02-2011, 06:16 PM
Was this the one who wanted to do phased days throughout March and you were unsure what to do about her bill?

Thats a real shame, wonder if thats why Mum wanted to do the reurtn to work slowly. I hope you get some enquirys soon.

sarah707
24-02-2011, 06:16 PM
Oh heck that's not fair :(

Hugs xx

jane5
24-02-2011, 06:20 PM
Arr no! What a shame, I hope you fill the space soon:(

crazyhazy
24-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Was this the one who wanted to do phased days throughout March and you were unsure what to do about her bill?

Thats a real shame, wonder if thats why Mum wanted to do the reurtn to work slowly. I hope you get some enquirys soon.

yes the same one :( she was ok when I gave them the bill yesterday and when the dad came today I thought he was maybe coming to ask for a reduction, never for a min imagined they'd be pulling out completely.

mama2three
24-02-2011, 06:36 PM
How about offering some adhoc care whilst Mum gets her health sorted - that way lo will still know you and they are more likely to use you ...eventually! You can always give notice if another mindee comes along , and although it may not be much financially it will still help .

The Juggler
24-02-2011, 06:45 PM
i was thinking the same. offer to do a few days each week, to help her recover - if they are paying you anyway. It might help her recovery and if it does, they may continue to use these odd days past the 4 week notice period so she can ease back to work and until she's back at work properly.

Sorry this has happened though. I hope you find a replacement.:)

crazyhazy
24-02-2011, 06:54 PM
i was thinking the same. offer to do a few days each week, to help her recover - if they are paying you anyway. It might help her recovery and if it does, they may continue to use these odd days past the 4 week notice period so she can ease back to work and until she's back at work properly.

Sorry this has happened though. I hope you find a replacement.:)

I offered to be as flexible as they needed but the added complication is finances on their part, she's on reduced pay while off and they just found out tax credits won't give them anything either, so they can't afford to keep me on not knowing what will happen. I get the impression from what he said she's just had a melt down as he's had to take time off work. They have said if things improve and she is going back they will contact me then but didn't want to send her just now even though they're paying cos they don;t want her and my girls getting settled and then disrupting it all again.

The Juggler
24-02-2011, 07:30 PM
I offered to be as flexible as they needed but the added complication is finances on their part, she's on reduced pay while off and they just found out tax credits won't give them anything either, so they can't afford to keep me on not knowing what will happen. I get the impression from what he said she's just had a melt down as he's had to take time off work. They have said if things improve and she is going back they will contact me then but didn't want to send her just now even though they're paying cos they don;t want her and my girls getting settled and then disrupting it all again.

oh what a shame hon. poor woman too. well I really hope you find someone to replace her hon.

Deb
24-02-2011, 07:59 PM
OH dear, what a pest

This happened to me when I was going back to work after no5 - I just couldnt do it, so I had 3 months off sick and then did this :)

I hope something turns up soon.