PDA

View Full Version : Training session on sat.

Banana
21-04-2008, 02:24 PM
Not impressed at giving up my whole saturday but have my eyfs training on sat from 9-4.

Wish me luck everyone - im terrible for yawning all the way through these things :(

xxx

Tatia
21-04-2008, 03:09 PM
I hope you have a good trainer and they make it worthwhile for you to give up your Saturday!

I like training but I hate when they make you split up and do groupwork, yuck.

angeldelight
21-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Hope it goes ok Lana

Angel xx

ajs
21-04-2008, 03:28 PM
I am the same lana and this saturday i have a health and safety training from 9 - 4 too
i know it's going to be mega boring and what's worse is they aren't supplying lunch so i'll have to make something before i go.
i like the courses where lunch is supplied

deeb66
21-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Hope you have a good day Lana

This Saturday I am out at Surrey networks Conference all day.

On the good side I will get a chance to meet up with some really great minders and hopefully have a good day.

Let us know how you get on.

Rubybubbles
21-04-2008, 05:48 PM
crap isn't it, you wither have to take time off work or give up your weekend:angry:

I've got 4 training days coming up all through the week, 4 days loss of earning:(

try not to yawn too much:laughing: I get headaches from the strip lights:(

breezy
21-04-2008, 05:52 PM
Must be something in the air, I've got SEN training two nights in the next fortnight followed not to far behind by EYFS over two consecutive Saturdays!!!!
I hate giving up my Saturdays cos thats my family time, but I tend to dose off in the evening ones or sit there all night with my tummy rumbling cos i haven't had dinner!!!!!!!!!!

nannysue
21-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Hi Lana, Would you believe i am going to the same one (Priory School?) It will be great to meet you. Like you i am soooo looking forward to this especially as its my last saturday before my holiday and i could be doing lots of other things. See you Sat. X

ajs
21-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Hi Lana, Would you believe i am going to the same one (Priory School?) It will be great to meet you. Like you i am soooo looking forward to this especially as its my last saturday before my holiday and i could be doing lots of other things. See you Sat. X

ah it may be boring but you'll get to meet the lovely lana:jump for joy: :jump for joy:

emler
21-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Things are looking up already Lana - you will get to meet nannysue :clapping:

Emler x

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
22-04-2008, 08:51 AM
Hi

I did the course last night for 2 hours and then I have got another 2 hours next Monday and I hope you get better tutors than we had because I have never been sooooo bored in my whole life the 2 hours just went on and on. People were asking questions and it was funny because they really couldn't answer them properly so how the hell are we suppose to know if they don't even know.

Hope your course is better than mine was.

Lorraine xx

lilliuspillius
22-04-2008, 11:20 AM
My course isn't until July - not giving me much time to get organised!

Banana
26-04-2008, 06:38 PM
What a day!!

It was actually not too bad if im honest. The introduction was a bit dull. but then we went and did a workshop about outside play etc and that was really good fun! we were sent outside with paper crowns and had to decorate them with stuff we found outside - i really liked mine lol. so that bit was all really good. Nannysue was in my group so it was very nice to meet her!! Lunch was pretty nice, they did quite a nice spread (ended up not being too good on the diet lol)

The afternoon workshops were quite boring but at the same time a bit of an eye opener.

The best thing about it is that I have come away from the training session feeling good about the EYFS. When you see the pack at home on your own and you try and read through it it just feels overwhelming. But today really did pick apart bits and show you that in actual fact the EYFS is not really asking anything ridicuous from us, its just impementing it correctly, but im now not worried about being inspected under the new requirements.

So I thought it was a very positive session and we got loads of freebies!! Some realy good stuff! Really worth going too and we did have good tutors!

Downside was I went out last night, got home at 2.30am and waking up at 8 this morning I thought i was dying..... i looked ill by the end of the day. But all in all i think i coped well with my hangover lol

xxxx

Lou
26-04-2008, 07:43 PM
LOL at hangover hun.

glad you enjoyed it, and most of all found it useful.

sounds better than mine:(
nice that you met nanny sue too.

we really must meet up soon, we are not too far, perhaps if the sun ever comes out for more than 5 mins i will have a little trip up your way xx

miffy
26-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Glad you had a good day Lana despite the hang over

miffy xx

childminder54
02-06-2008, 11:02 PM
What a day!!

It was actually not too bad if im honest. The introduction was a bit dull. but then we went and did a workshop about outside play etc and that was really good fun! we were sent outside with paper crowns and had to decorate them with stuff we found outside - i really liked mine lol. so that bit was all really good. Nannysue was in my group so it was very nice to meet her!! Lunch was pretty nice, they did quite a nice spread (ended up not being too good on the diet lol)

The afternoon workshops were quite boring but at the same time a bit of an eye opener.

The best thing about it is that I have come away from the training session feeling good about the EYFS. When you see the pack at home on your own and you try and read through it it just feels overwhelming. But today really did pick apart bits and show you that in actual fact the EYFS is not really asking anything ridicuous from us, its just impementing it correctly, but im now not worried about being inspected under the new requirements.

So I thought it was a very positive session and we got loads of freebies!! Some realy good stuff! Really worth going too and we did have good tutors!

Downside was I went out last night, got home at 2.30am and waking up at 8 this morning I thought i was dying..... i looked ill by the end of the day. But all in all i think i coped well with my hangover lol

xxxx

what free stuff did u get doing my last day on saturday we have not had anythink yet
veronica

wendywu
03-06-2008, 07:55 AM
I am doing a persona dolls course in guildford on Sat. My EYFS SHOULD be on 5th july but i have not been told one way or another if i got on it. :panic: