PDA

View Full Version : Don't you just hate it when....

Mollymop
24-02-2011, 09:36 AM
... all your parents expect you to be able to give them change every week!!!!!

This week I have had to find £4.75 change, £2.89 change and £7 change:rolleyes:

I never have cash on me. I might start putting in newsletters to make sure you have the correct change! It's becoming a challenge!

rickysmiths
24-02-2011, 09:40 AM
I'd just round up the payment. :laughing:

No cash payers at the moment, but in the past it has always been rounder figures than the ones you have quoted.

flowerpots
24-02-2011, 09:55 AM
how do you charge? with my hourly rate the only change i would have to give is pounds and 50pences because i charge £3.50 p/h. :)

mufftie
24-02-2011, 10:05 AM
If ive not got change then I take the extra off the following bill , nut a lot of my parents pay monthly by bank transfer so no change needed

charleyfarley
24-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Perhaps you should give them their change in pennies, they might get the message if you do it every week :laughing:

All my change goes into a jar so I always have plenty if needed :thumbsup:

Carol xx

Emily'bubbles
08-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Perhaps you should give them their change in pennies, they might get the message if you do it every week :laughing:

All my change goes into a jar so I always have plenty if needed :thumbsup:

Carol xx

Thats a good idea :idea:

solly
08-09-2011, 11:09 AM
I had that with one parent a few years ago as every week she stood there waiting for me to give her change and i had finally had enough so one week i had it already counted out and gave her a bag of pennies and said to her i have had to use the pennies i save for the children she looked a bit shocked but took them and after that always brought the right money

The Juggler
08-09-2011, 11:36 AM
i would tell them please have the right money or do a bank transfer :panic:

miffy
08-09-2011, 12:20 PM
Ask them to have the right money or put your prices up so it's always a round figure! :D

Miffy xx

tulip0803
08-09-2011, 12:53 PM
I always carry it over to the next week.

birch24
08-09-2011, 01:16 PM
When parents do that I say I will knock it off next week/month and keep a running total in my account book. I don't bother fiddling around with change. If they haven't got the right money they don't get change. ;)

mushpea
08-09-2011, 06:59 PM
most of mine pay me via standing order cause if they pay me cash i tend to spend it and not save it!:blush:

Pipsqueak
08-09-2011, 08:18 PM
I had one parent who used to wait for his 50p change - every ruddy week and if i didn't give it to him he'd be sure to deduct from the next week..... 50 ruddy pence!

funemnx
08-09-2011, 08:20 PM
I've been having a bit of an 'issue' with the one parent who pays cash (previous threads). I've put on the bottom of each and every invoice (weekly) exact change please! And I always get just the pounds and not the extra - so I add it on to the next weeks bill - annoying though!!!

Mollymop
08-09-2011, 08:25 PM
Wow this is one of my old threads! Still glad to see it's popping up! lol.
I don't have the same issues anymore I started saying that I hadn't any change, they all started bothering then! One parent said to me the other pay day that "the moneys all in there except it's 50p over" I found her the 50p and gave it her while she was still here, she watch me go through my purse looking for the change and she took it without a seconds thought! Maybe it's ust me, but I would have said no to bother about it