PDA

View Full Version : Conjuctivitus

Bendy
24-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Hi

Apart from the above being contagious, is it possible to treat without a visit to the doctors. Child 2yrs with very crusty eyelashes, eyes do not look red so not 100% it is although could be in early stages.

Any advice?

My children are at nanny's today so it is only me and her, also her last day this week.

rickysmiths
24-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Many doctors don't treat Conjuctivitus any more as research has shown that it usually clears up with in 3 days anyway. The exception is the alergic form which isn't contagious anyway.

I wouldn't do anything with a 2yr old mindees eyes. If they are fit in themselves and are joining in with the days plans I would leave well alone. I would call the parents, tell them what is happening and stronly suggest they phone and make an appointment with the doctor for today to get it checked out.

If it is causing a problem, the lo is not coping with the day, then I would be calling the parents home to collect the lo and get things sorted.

ajs
24-02-2011, 10:37 AM
i wouldn't treat a mindee either but i had conjuncitivus last week and just got cholromophenicol from the phamacist and it went within 3 days

Bendy
24-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Thanks for your replies.

Her eyes seem to be worse after a sleep, I've contacted mum and she will take to doctors tomorrow.