PDA

View Full Version : lazy children

hayleychildcare
23-02-2011, 07:57 PM
I have a 10 year old schoolie.
It is the first holidays he has spent with me (usually just 30 mins before school).
Monday we went to the cinema (only had schoolies)
Tuesday we went to the park and feed the ducks
And today we went down to the quayside to take pictures ( i got schoolies disposable cameras to use)
Tomorrow we are going to feed the horses

now because his mum has a car and drives everywhere he is constantly moaning at me that he is tired, it was a 10 minute walk today and he wanted to get the bus:eek: It might be just me being cruel but my kids have always been used to walking everywhere.

At pickup today mum asked him if he was had fun and he said that he would prefer a childminder that had a car :angry:

Mrs Pootle
23-02-2011, 08:12 PM
First thoughts ... lazy toad. some children don't know what a good life they've got.

I don't use my car for childminding. I have a 25-30 min walk to school, and then back in the morning, do it again at lunchtime for nursery pick up, and again at 3pm. So approx 3 hours walking each day. Youngest mindee is 3 and she does this with out any bother, she usually skips too which can mean we do the one way journey in 20 mins.

Don't feel bad about it, he needs to build up some stamina. :D

Louise0208
23-02-2011, 08:18 PM
iv never took the mindees out in the car, iv never needed to so the Mr takes the car working away with him

one of my parents brings her 4yo with a buggy cus she dont think she should walk to school (10 mins walk at a 2 year olds pace)

Deb
23-02-2011, 08:22 PM
I had two boys leave me because their father thought the walk was too far for them. they are 6 and 8 and the walk is about 30 mins. Their sister is still with me and deemed more than capable. She is 2. :rolleyes:

helengreen13
23-02-2011, 08:43 PM
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Hebs
23-02-2011, 08:46 PM
i have a car but dont always use it :thumbsup:

mushpea
23-02-2011, 08:58 PM
I have a car which i use for days out but we also walk places too,,, I had a 5yrold yesterday who walked a good 2.hrs round the woods and didnt complain once yet i have had a 6yrold that moaned every step off the way.
we are a family that love walking and like to get out at least once a day for a walk, yet I always get the children who get driven everywhere! although their parents always say it does them good.
I find that if i do little walks then slowly build up the distance they tend to moan less as they dont notice it.

maisiemog
24-02-2011, 06:38 AM
I dont have a car and its not been an issue for me. I do use the bus to get to one toddler group but that is mostly cos I hate using the double buggy and both mindees can walk then. In the summer when the weather improves they will walk it (about 25mins). We walk everywhere and if it is too long for the younger ones I use the pushchair or we bus it.

At 10 yrs old they should be anble to walk and need to get used to it! They're gonn have to walk further than that as they get older!

marnieb
24-02-2011, 07:40 AM
Unbelievable!!! Bet his parents ferry him everywhere!!!

I'm the same - I have a Zafira, but barley use it, I havent used it at all yet this year for cming!!!

miffy
24-02-2011, 08:11 AM
At pickup today mum asked him if he was had fun and he said that he would prefer a childminder that had a car :angry:

What was his mum's response?

Cheeky little so and so. I'd make sure the trips you arrange next time are further away by foot - it will do him good!

Miffy xx

maryp0ppins
24-02-2011, 08:22 AM
Lazy little monkey if you ask me.

I only ever take my car for a certain playgroup pick up which is 3 villages away (easily hours walk there & hours walk back with little ones in tow maybe more as it take 25 Min's to drive there & back plus I have two under 1's on the same day) but the rest I walk.

Even my 2.5 yr old mindee walks right into the village without grumbles which can be a 15 min walk!

The lad needs to get into the real world it seems!

JCrakers
24-02-2011, 08:40 AM
I dont have a car for work and I have a 4yr old that is not good at walking..always asking where my car is. This is because Mum drives to school everyday and its only a 5min walk :eek:
There are so many parents who live within 10mins walk of school but get in the car everyday...By the time they have driven down and found a space to park we have arrived on foot quicker.:rolleyes:

When I first started I had two little boys who went to nursery 4 days a week so they wern't used to walking. After about a month with me they had built up stamina and were great walkers.Mum commented on how much less lehtargic they were!

Some children just arent used to it and its rather sad as you can have so much fun on a long walk but some families just dont enjoy it.

Becky

Ripeberry
24-02-2011, 09:37 AM
Be those famillies are a bit 'big'

onceinabluemoon
24-02-2011, 11:27 AM
I have a 10 year old schoolie.
It is the first holidays he has spent with me (usually just 30 mins before school).
Monday we went to the cinema (only had schoolies)
Tuesday we went to the park and feed the ducks
And today we went down to the quayside to take pictures ( i got schoolies disposable cameras to use)
Tomorrow we are going to feed the horses

now because his mum has a car and drives everywhere he is constantly moaning at me that he is tired, it was a 10 minute walk today and he wanted to get the bus:eek: It might be just me being cruel but my kids have always been used to walking everywhere.

Goodness me! However will he cope when he has to go to high school in a year's time and join in with rigorous PE lessons such as cross country running?

The Juggler
24-02-2011, 11:58 AM
:laughing: :laughing: how rude though :angry: both my little ones I used to have (now 4 and 5) now only come in the hols and so aren't used to walking the school run every day anymore.

We were off to the park today and the 4 year old said are we going in the car. Me: no there is nowhere to park and anyway it's not far. Mindee: I'd prefer to go in the car. Me: well we are walking today. Mindee: I'm tired I can't walk. :panic: