PDA

View Full Version : Numbers

helengreen13
23-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Hi, can anyone help answer a question.

I am allowed three children in the pre-school category and three 5 - 8. I have three children, 1 is in the pre-school category and 2 are in the 5-8 category.

When my youngest, in the pre-school category, goes to Nursery am I allowed to use his place for a mindee, or does he still count in my numbers even though he is at Nursery. Getting very confused and any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Helen x

Deb
23-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Now, that all depends. Are you still responsible for the child whilst it's at nursery? are you dropping off and picking up? If so, then no you cant take another child on and you should really be charging a retainer for those hours.

If you are not responsible for that child/wont be picking up etc then YES you can take another child on. I have 7 children in the Early Years - not all at once tho :)

tulip0803
23-02-2011, 07:12 PM
If it was a minded child then yes you could if the times did not clash and you were not expected to collect in an emergency. You also need to consider holidays and whether you would be needed there.

If it is your own child they always count in your numbers whether they are with you or not. So even when he is at nursery you won't be able to use his space for another child. You will not be able to use that space for another early years child until he attends 10 session (morning and afternoon) at school - then he will move to your 5-8 years and will take a space from there instead IYSWIM (this bit would also apply to a mindee when they are a rising 5)

Minstrel
23-02-2011, 08:26 PM
This sounds as if you are talking about your own children and not a mindee going to pre-school.

In which case your certificate will probably say 'no more than 3 under 8, with no more than 2 in the early years' , is this right?

If it is then no you can't give your place to a mindee. Your children are always your reponsibility and always classed in your numbers, hence your cert will only say how many mindees you can take care of.

helengreen13
23-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Thank you, got the answer to my question. Might have to ask for a variation until September when my youngest goes into the 5 - 8 category (even thought he will only just be 4) OMG its confusing but getting there,

Helen
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Minstrel
23-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Great!

So it was your own child you were talking about?

helengreen13
23-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Yes it was my little chunky money that I was talking about. Still trying to get to grips with things as have only been working part time until last month when I had my first Ofsted Report and wanted to see how I was graded.

Thanks

Minstrel
23-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Glad you got it sorted! :thumbsup: