PDA

View Full Version : library closure

janminder
23-02-2011, 06:34 PM
My local library is closing end May due to the government cuts. I use it every week in term time and am really going to miss it. Schoiol holidays won't be so bad as I will have time to access other nearby libraries.

Its been lovely for the children and not only for the obvious book borrowing but after school for homework and computer use, especially as printing out for homework was free.

Has anyone else lost theirs due to cuts?

kats
23-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Yes our local library is going and like you im really going to miss it. I use it such a lot with my own children and the children i mind. Yesterday i took them all to a craft afternoon there and the children had a lovely time, i use it for rhyme time with my younger mindees and more important than anything is that libraries are so important when children are young to establish a love of books and reading.

Mrs Pootle
23-02-2011, 08:07 PM
fingers crossed, at the moment there are no plans to close our local library. (I've probably jinxed it now)
I would be absolutely gutted if it went, and so would the children. :angry:

janminder
23-02-2011, 08:37 PM
I have no under5's at mo but have used if for the weekly song and story morning as well. My children are really going to miss it, and not sure what their school will do now as it was only a short walk away, nearest one now would need transport.

SYLVIA
23-02-2011, 08:39 PM
We are lucky here, our library is moving to bigger premises in the centre of the high st. However, I like it where it is as its right near a park and gardens and parking is so much easier. But at least we still have one. I also use ours for stay and play, story time and music. Its such a good place to have

sillysausage
23-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Sorry to hear that, I would be lost without our local library.