PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone got a recommendation for a play kitchen etc.

vix84
21-04-2008, 01:05 PM
Hi, Im not sure where this post should go so have randomly put it here.
I am looking for a play kitchen or something for a role play area, ie. post office/shop/kitchen etc. and have seen the plastic kitchen sets for around £25, but also the wooden ones, knocking on almost £100!! Ideally it would be great to get one like I have seen at playgroups etc. Where it is like a little house, 3 wooden sides that go around a corner of the room to make a little play house, but I cant seem to find them cheaply any where.

Does anyone also know of any good shops for big cushions etc. for a cosey area?
Ive found this site http://www.e-quip4education.co.uk/ (will add it to the useful site bit in a mo.) but the stuff is quite pricey, but look fab!

angeldelight
21-04-2008, 03:31 PM
http://www.tridias.co.uk/product-details/stkcode/148990.html

http://www.playtoyshops.com/index.html?action=search&submit=go&maincatID=&searchtype=catID&quicksearch=32

I cant seem to find anything like what you are looking for and they are soooooo expensive

Good luck with your find

Angel xx

fionamal
21-04-2008, 03:37 PM
http://www.galt-educational.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=45&catalogId=10001&top_category=63957&langId=-1&categoryList=63957%2c64074&categoryId=64074&parent_category_rn=63957&orderBy1=Name&orderByOperator1=asc&selectedSubCatId=64074

This is where I bought ours for the local playgroup

emmadines
21-04-2008, 05:47 PM
hi ive got a wooden irland kitchen from elc. i think its called the "island" its multi coloured, pastle....... my lil girl loves it.

there are money off codes on other websites if you can find them that can help to reduce the total amount....

Twinkles
21-04-2008, 05:54 PM
I have a plastic little tikes kitchen that I got for three pounds from a jumble sale.
I originally got it for the garden but when I cleaned it up it was too good for the garden and it's now in the playroom.

breezy
21-04-2008, 05:58 PM
I use a little tikes kitchen too, my daughters old one!
you can get big colourful cushions, even animal shaped ones quite cheaply in ikea.
Good luck, let us know how your search goes, e bay can help too!:)

vix84
21-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Thanks for all the links, will have a search tonight. I went and gto one from Argos for £25, took me half hour to assemble it and I dont like it!! Its made out of cheap bendy plastic and I just know it will be pulled apart in 2 minutes by my toddler mindee!
Looks like Im taking it all apart again and taking it back for a refund lol!

miffy
21-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Hope you find what you want

Little tikes do some nice ones - have a look on e-bay

miffy xx

littlepixies
23-04-2008, 02:24 PM
for cusions and throws have you tried ikea... i dunno if you have one in your area, but i have one near me on purley way.

or ebay?
woolworths worthit range?

could you not buy 3 bits of ply wood or what ever its called and some hinges and make your own? may be buy some padding and material to put over the inside and pait the out side, do you know of any one who has a jig saw? so you can cut windows out?
and then you could put come nets up?

Just an idea, ya dont need to beable to be really good with diy as i thonk homebase will cut wood to size for you so if you were to work out how big you want the sides to be and go with measurements ect? and get fella to do hinges? or they may be able to be forced screwed on?

let me know ya get on??? in summer you could then put it out side?

for kitchen could you not go to a charity shop or old furniture store or ebay and look for an old bedside cabinet?
and make ya own put on won knobs and paint it ect??

sorry if im not much help, i try and think of things i could make on cheap and id definately have ago at makin my own 3 sides ect if i had enough room in my tiny masonette or had a garden!

littlepixies
23-04-2008, 02:33 PM
idea for ya kitchen, follow the link
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bedside-tables-cabinets-x2-IKea_W0QQitemZ170211888035QQihZ007QQcategoryZ38199 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

you could use this as an over the shelf part on yop could be the grill so just make some thing which looks lke the thing to grill with handle
and the bottom could be the oven then on the tiop you could paint hob rings and then buy some nobs and screw um on the top?
there is 2 so the other one you could use as a washing machine? paint a circle on front and make some little boxes which slot in the opening at the top to put powder and conditioner? then again screw some knobs on tops to twist.
or you could use it as a fridge? just add some shoe boxes for veg ect and add a self
only an idea

Delly
23-04-2008, 03:05 PM
http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-0716.aspx
my friend bought this one its 25 quid from tesco, she rates it.

Delly
23-04-2008, 03:06 PM
sorry just reread your post, der..... thought your were looking for one at 25 quid.. gosh i really should wear my glasses more !!

jaja
23-04-2008, 03:18 PM
hi, i got my dd a lovely wooden kitchen out of elc, and its fantastic, pretty in pink, the boys love it too!! it cost £92 i know thats a bit more than you wanted but it is worth it! my friend got the plastic one from there and its not as good.

good luck in your search.

have you tried nes arnold? they have some in there catalogue and on line?
worth a try

xx

vix84
23-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Thanks for all your help, I think I am going to ask oh to make something, its got to be cheaper or about to buy some mdf and knobs etc. Although Ill ask in a few weeks as we have a baby on the way, he is trying to get conservatory done and is also working untill 11 three nights a week! So beter give him a week off first. Sure he is more than capable as he made a great rabbit huch for me before.
Let you know how it goes eventually!

emmadines
23-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Hi I just had a thought!!!

have you tried "freecycle"????

ive seen quite a few over thw last month or so on there, and its free!!