PDA

View Full Version : Hope I'm not jinxed...

Fraggle1
23-02-2011, 06:05 PM
Well much better day today...went to the library, unfort. little mindee would only have 30 mins sleep which was abit awful because he was tired...but hey ho. Went for a nice walk to the duck pond came home, and 30 mins before mum is due to pick him up he topples over near one of the children's chairs...I pick him up and give him a cuddle cause he's upset..checks him over and he's fine. Go to change his nappy and notice a swollen lump above his eye lid!!! :( gutted. He wasn't upset for very long, I applied a cold compress and it calmed down and was just abit swollen. On a plus side I now know how to fill in the accident book I've got. On the negative side I've only had him 3 days and he's had a bump already :( Now having 2 boys myself I know they get bumps/scrapes/bruises but she's a first time mum and I hope she realises this will happen more during the next couple of year...I mean the odd bump etc....

Anyway..even after that it's a much better day, just wish that hadn't of happened! xx

mufftie
23-02-2011, 06:12 PM
i hate sending the kids home with lumps and bumps , i have a girl 4 who never seems to put her arms out quick enough when she falls so ultimately her head always hits the ground first resulting in the biggests eggs on her forhead ive ever seen ! luckily mum has begun to realise it just happens and is not to worried now than she was at first

Fraggle1
23-02-2011, 06:17 PM
OMG! Your heart must be in your mouth lol crikey! Poor little girl though, you'd think after the first or second time she would know what happens. I remember when I used to pick my first little boy up from Nursery and he had bumps etc...I was concerned for him thinking awwwww poor thing but never saw it as the nurseries fault etc....it's just one of those things. Oh well...I'd like to hear about a childminder who has never had a child who's had a bump lol

xx

Baildon bears
23-02-2011, 06:28 PM
That area of skin is so sensitive, I remember my oldest so falling in a park and it came up like an egg but better out than in. It's awful when they have bumps but like everyone else has said it happens to the best of us. I also simpathize with little one not sleeping, I have the same problem it's exusting in the hols, my little one is so overwhelmed and excited with having my boys at home he constantly wants to be amongst there games and bless him they just don't want a 10 month old to play.

Fraggle1
23-02-2011, 06:41 PM
thanks hun, I know what you mean - I have a 2 year old and a 7 year old and it's poss. that my mindee is wondering what he is missing out on and doesn't want to sleep...last week he slept for about an hour! roll on the schools goes back, my eyes are almost shutting! lol xx

Tealady
24-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Things happen and most parents realise that. My DD bit my mindee on her first day with me and it was the mindees 1st birthday to. She bit her so hard she bruised :( (it was also my first day ever of childminding!)

I was in a tizz all day but at collection time Mum said "Oh well, They'll so get used to each other. If K was in a nursery she'd probably been hit and pushed today too!"